Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-16-2020, 05:59 PM   #1
Susie Cougar

If there is a limit to how many people they can let on board, will they be able to make enough profit to make it worthwhile?
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:08 PM   #2
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
If there is a limit to how many people they can let on board, will they be able to make enough profit to make it worthwhile?
There most definitely is a limit, any floating structure would, although I don't know what it is. They are making it so far, and I hope they continue to do so. I have not been on board yet myself, but I will get on it one of these days.
Cal Coon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:32 PM   #3
VitaBene

Thanked 1,609 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
Unfortunately, I think that will be the case with most restaurants and many other businesses that rely on crowds. I shudder to think about how many will be gone.

We have to figure out how to adapt if we ever want to see life somewhat "summer normal" (right now it is not that much different).

It is going to be tough around here for a lot of people, many whom are friends.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:43 PM   #4
WinnisquamZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Unfortunately, I think that will be the case with most restaurants and many other businesses that rely on crowds. I shudder to think about how many will be gone.

We have to figure out how to adapt if we ever want to see life somewhat "summer normal" (right now it is not that much different).

Very true. Thinking barstools are out. Every other table removed. No crowding waiting for tables or seats at the bar. Maybe, reservations only would work. Thinking Funspot and other arcades are closed. Some won’t open again. Maybe this is where the current arcade building owners sell out? Thinking a A&W carhop would work in this environment. Your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 07:23 PM   #5
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
Very true. Thinking barstools are out. Every other table removed. No crowding waiting for tables or seats at the bar. Maybe, reservations only would work. Thinking Funspot and other arcades are closed. Some won’t open again. Maybe this is where the current arcade building owners sell out? Thinking a A&W carhop would work in this environment. Your thoughts?

All good thoughts. Regarding carhop, certainly especially for fast food. I am usually in NC/SC every other week or more and drive a lot- Sonics have become a good lunch stop.

I wasn't thinking about the Weirs- wow, talk about a place that needs a crowd
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2020, 07:48 PM   #6
Bigstan

Quote:
All good thoughts. Regarding carhop, certainly especially for fast food. I am usually in NC/SC every other week or more and drive a lot- Sonics have become a good lunch stop.

I wasn't thinking about the Weirs- wow, talk about a place that needs a crowd
Maybe the silver lining, this might be what it takes to revamp. Out with the old and pathetically run down and in with the fresh and new. Tower Hill is re-doing the top of the street, maybe someone can do the other end.
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 12:20 AM   #7
Descant

Thanked 1,527 Times in 988 Posts
Default Adventure

Quote:
"Out on route one in Saugus, Come dressed just as you are. Adventure, where the service is great, and you never get out of your car..." When was the last time you had a "Ginsberger: served on a 45 rpm record? Woo Woo.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:12 AM   #8
salty dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
"Out on route one in Saugus, Come dressed just as you are. Adventure, where the service is great, and you never get out of your car..." When was the last time you had a "Ginsberger: served on a 45 rpm record? Woo Woo.
Arnie the "Woo"! "Adventure Car Hop is the place to go"!
Old 04-17-2020, 03:55 AM   #9
Cal Coon

Quote:

I wasn't even thinking about the virus' impact on the limit of people allowed on the Dive... Yes, that may have an impact because the season is so short for the Dive, although once things get going, (in general), I think most people have short memories and things will be back to "normal" quicker than you think. At least that is my hope...
Cal Coon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:06 AM   #10
Susie Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Coon View Post
I wasn't even thinking about the virus' impact on the limit of people allowed on the Dive... Yes, that may have an impact because the season is so short for the Dive, although once things get going, (in general), I think most people have short memories and things will be back to "normal" quicker than you think. At least that is my hope...
That is what I was asking. Everyone seems to think that once New Hampshire opens, things will go on as normal. I don’t see how this can happen. If the Dive has to reduce its occupancy by 50%, can it still be profitable?
I personally feel that any establishment that is serving liquor is going to have a very hard time maintaining social distancing. It’s just the nature of the beast.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susie Cougar For This Useful Post:
Cal Coon (04-17-2020), erick26 (04-18-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 08:31 AM   #11
FlyingScot

Quote:
Thinking a A&W carhop would work in this environment. Your thoughts?

Carhop or other drive in is a GREAT IDEA! My 20 y.o. daughter and her friends often prefer fast food drive thru and sit in the car to going inside. Also not too different than Tamarack
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:58 PM   #12
FlyingScot

Quote:

Agreed--it's brutal and sad. If I owned a restaurant, I think I'd hand the landlord the keys and ask when he'd like for me to vacate. All the while praying that the landlord recognizes that the current tenant, even when he can't pay rent, is still the guy most likely to be able to pay rent as we come out of this. This year, just surviving is success.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
VitaBene (04-16-2020)
Old 04-16-2020, 07:19 PM   #13
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Agreed--it's brutal and sad. If I owned a restaurant, I think I'd hand the landlord the keys and ask when he'd like for me to vacate. All the while praying that the landlord recognizes that the current tenant, even when he can't pay rent, is still the guy most likely to be able to pay rent as we come out of this. This year, just surviving is success.
Yes, 100% agreed. The day of the shutdown, a friend that owns a restaurant locally said, over our last cocktail, that if it lasts a month he may end up selling for the real estate. I am sure he said it somewhat out of frustration, but only somewhat.

My sister has three restaurants in MA, they are doing a little takeout but over 100 people are laid off. Right now most people in the restaurant biz are doing OK as long as they were working above the table, but the additional $600 that most receive through unemployment will end in July (likely some extension will happen, but I am sure it will be more formula based). That is when the real pain may happen.