Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
KonaChick

Default Thank You To Land Owners

I just got back from several days of snowmobiling. The conditions on the lake are excellent. The trails were fair to midland over the weekend but the latest snowstorm added some much needed snow and that did improve the trail conditions quite a bit. We were actually breaking trails Monday morning and let me tell you it was quite a thrill!! I don't know how the trails will hold up with this weeks warmer weather/rain expcected Friday. Now to the real reason for my post. I want to take this time to thank ALL LANDOWNERS who allow us snowmobiliers the priviledge of riding the trails through their properties. They put up with the sound of snowmobiles from early morning until late at night. Now I realize that some of these same folks are snowmobile enthusiasts themselves but surely not everyone who allows the trails to run through their property are riders. We appreciate your willingness to allow us to enjoy this great sport so close to home and want to THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts.
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to KonaChick For This Useful Post:
boat_guy64 (02-24-2009), chipj29 (02-25-2009), CHSLTD (02-25-2009), dan (02-25-2009), David531 (02-28-2009), EricP (03-01-2009), hazelnut (02-24-2009), ITD (02-24-2009), jeffk (02-24-2009), Lakegeezer (02-24-2009), RLW (02-24-2009), robmac (02-25-2009), secondcurve (02-24-2009), SPT13 (02-25-2009), Sunbeam lodge (02-25-2009), trfour (02-24-2009), VitaBene (02-25-2009), Webbsatwinni (02-25-2009), WeirsBeachBoater (02-24-2009), wifi (02-24-2009), WINNOCTURN (02-24-2009)
Old 02-25-2009, 07:42 AM   #2
chipj29

Ditto on that!! Across the state, without the landowners, we would not be going anywhere. Thank you to all who support the sport!
Old 02-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
Orion

Thumbs up Add my thanks!

KonaChick I was thinking the same thing yesterday as we were out riding. THANKS TO ALL THE OWNERS THAT MAKE THIS POSSIBLE!!!

I always ride slowly and quietly through whatever looks like private (allowed) property so that we don't lose that.

As an aside, KonaChick, we were trying to find the route to Red Hill and actually did the Kona LOOP three times before we realized we were in a loop. (I hate to admit that). Signage there could be better, I guess.......or I'm just getting old.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
KonaChick I was thinking the same thing yesterday as we were out riding. THANKS TO ALL THE OWNERS THAT MAKE THIS POSSIBLE!!!

I always ride slowly and quietly through whatever looks like private (allowed) property so that we don't lose that.

As an aside, KonaChick, we were trying to find the route to Red Hill and actually did the Kona LOOP three times before we realized we were in a loop. (I hate to admit that). Signage there could be better, I guess.......or I'm just getting old.
Hysterical..... Though not entirely your fault. I asked the question earlier on how to get to the Kona area via trail. I was informed that the connector that used to go from the Moutlonboro Neck power-line trail was no longer open. Such a bummer. So now the Kona Loop is just that.... A loop. Some bonehead probably ticked off a landowner in that area and thus the connection was lost. Pure speculation on my part though. It's a shame though as that would be a nice option coming from Kanasatka and being able to take trails down the entire Neck to Far Echo.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Thumbs up we are planning 2 Club Rides the Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
Hysterical..... Though not entirely your fault. I asked the question earlier on how to get to the Kona area via trail. I was informed that the connector that used to go from the Moutlonboro Neck power-line trail was no longer open. Such a bummer. So now the Kona Loop is just that.... A loop. Some bonehead probably ticked off a landowner in that area and thus the connection was lost. Pure speculation on my part though. It's a shame though as that would be a nice option coming from Kanasatka and being able to take trails down the entire Neck to Far Echo.
Club Ride Saturday 2/28 from the Club Garage 9:00am

I have had several requests by members who are new to our trail system to show them where the various trails run. If trail conditions are still good by the end of next week I would look at doing a ride this coming Saturday, February 28th.
If interested E-mail me at winnocturn@roadrunner.com or leave a message on my cell 617-694-4954.

Saturday from the Village Kitchen
We are planning a ride after our 8AM Village Kitchen breakfast on Sat 2/28

I suggest we ride to Wakefield thru Wolfeboro Trail 200 to 19 in Ossipee, then to Rhe 22 to New Durham for lunch at Johnson’s Seafood Rest. Then on to Alton and on to the lake to ride back. The is a HUGE reef 5 ft high straight up like a wall outside Alton Bay .

The other option would be to ride over to Newfound Lake via Rte 8 to 24 to Hebron . The ride towards Baker River and up over Stinson Mtn & back thru Plymouth . Both should be about 100 miles and get people back early afternoon.

Steve Janaitis

Take your choice?
Come join us!

Last edited by WINNOCTURN; 02-25-2009 at 04:41 PM.
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2009, 04:20 PM   #6
sa meredith

Default 2/28/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN View Post
Club Ride Saturday 2/27 from the Club Garage 9:00am

I have had several requests by members who are new to our trail system to show them where the various trails run. If trail conditions are still good by the end of next week I would look at doing a ride this coming Saturday, February 28th.
If interested E-mail me at winnocturn@roadrunner.com or leave a message on my cell 617-694-4954.

Saturday from the Village Kitchen
We are planning a ride after our 8AM Village Kitchen breakfast on Sat 2/27

I suggest we ride to Wakefield thru Wolfeboro Trail 200 to 19 in Ossipee, then to Rhe 22 to New Durham for lunch at Johnson’s Seafood Rest. Then on to Alton and on to the lake to ride back. The is a HUGE reef 5 ft high straight up like a wall outside Alton Bay .

The other option would be to ride over to Newfound Lake via Rte 8 to 24 to Hebron . The ride towards Baker River and up over Stinson Mtn & back thru Plymouth . Both should be about 100 miles and get people back early afternoon.

Steve Janaitis

Take your choice?
Come join us!
Thinking you probably mean 2/28/09. Not trying to be a wise guy, just trying to help you avoid confusion.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post:
WINNOCTURN (02-25-2009)