Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2020, 10:19 AM   #201
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Every article is slanted toward the writers bias, whether it's on MSM or the WWW. When you search anything online you are being profiled. So when you access your computer, phone, or tablet every day the articles that come up are geared towards your profile. They know what you have search and what you most likely want to see, "click bait". Everyone has an agenda and can easily find articles that fit that agenda.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:47 AM   #202
Mr. V

Some people in rural, conservative republican SE Washington are hosting "Covid-19 parties" in the hopes of catching the virus and getting it over with.

see: https://www.columbian.com/news/2020/...st-washington/

Looks like their infection rate is increasing.

A classic "good news/bad news."
Old 05-07-2020, 12:22 PM   #203
ApS

Exclamation ...And Living in a "Sanctuary City" Endangers the Old and Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
A friend sent this to me earlier today. If this doesn’t make you question what’s going on, then we’re all doomed.
https://americanconsequences.com/the...&ICID=ref_fark
Seaplane Pilot's thoughtful essay link seems to have attracted a detractor. The last sentence (pictured last) covers the direction of the article.
Quote:
"This virus is definitely dangerous to the old and diseased. To everyone else, it's going to be a nonevent...just like every other flu season."
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
"we rate American Consequences Right Biased based on story selection that favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting based on minimal use of sources to support opinions."
LINK
"We rate?"

Bigstan just wrote, "Who watches the Watchers?"
Excellent point.

This screen shot from Seaplane Pilot's article (below) indicates any bias is in the opposite direction.
Attached Images

Seaplane Pilot (05-07-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 12:50 PM   #204
dickiej

I'm generally not one to believe in conspiracies, but honest to god, the more you read and research this whole thing just makes you shake your head. 99.2% of us are unaffected, yet the entire nation was shut down and economic havoc was wreaked upon everyone. Clyde Lewis thinks this was set up to instill fear and pave the way for what he calls "the new world order." I don't know, maybe I'm just getting paranoid in my old age. We'll see.....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dickiej For This Useful Post:
Chris M (05-07-2020), Djod1985 (06-04-2020), gravy boat (05-07-2020), Hillcountry (05-07-2020), Seaplane Pilot (05-07-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 12:57 PM   #205
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiej View Post
I'm generally not one to believe in conspiracies, but honest to god, the more you read and research this whole thing just makes you shake your head. 99.2% of us are unaffected, yet the entire nation was shut down and economic havoc was wreaked upon everyone. Clyde Lewis thinks this was set up to instill fear and pave the way for what he calls "the new world order." I don't know, maybe I'm just getting paranoid in my old age. We'll see.....
Put a neck brace on before you watch this video, because your head will really be shaking!

https://www.bitchute.com/video/ixYea...a4wjZL0qJdxi7s
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2020, 01:45 PM   #206
Garcia

Quote:
Put a neck brace on before you watch this video, because your head will really be shaking!

Should probably read this as well:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/sc...accine-jailed/
Old 05-07-2020, 01:53 PM   #207
FlyingScot

Quote:
The whole point of the last two months is to make sure that "99.2% of us" remain unaffected.

So I agree that you are "just getting paranoid" if you believe that somehow virtually every government in the world, virtually every public health official, virtually every medical professional, and virtually every individual political leader in our country--from Donald Trump to Bernie Sanders--all somehow conspired to hurt the system(s) that all of us and all of them depend upon.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
Biggd (05-07-2020), Not to Worry (05-07-2020), SailinAway (05-10-2020), Trail Goer (06-02-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 02:10 PM   #208
Biggd

The NH moto "live free or die" doesn't appeal to me all that much when it's an either or option.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
Mr. V (05-07-2020), SailinAway (05-10-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 02:30 PM   #209
Newbiesaukee

Whichever entities: countries, individuals, groups,etc. whose goal is to undermine trust in our institutions... governmental,scientific, educational and otherwise seem to be winning and everyone else is losing.

And this is the conspiracy that I worry about.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
FlyingScot (05-07-2020), Not to Worry (05-07-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 07:43 AM   #210
Not to Worry

Default Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
I guess this women is known quack but hey we all love a good conspiracy theory.

From WP "The film is so questionable that social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube and Vimeo on Thursday scrubbed it from their sites. A Vimeo spokesperson, for example, said that the company “stands firm in keeping our platform safe from content that spreads harmful and misleading health information. The video in question has been removed … for violating these very policies”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...s-coronavirus/
The Following User Says Thank You to Not to Worry For This Useful Post:
SailinAway (05-10-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 08:53 AM   #211
retired

Default herd immunity

The experts say to achieve herd immunity, 70-90% of the population must have either had the virus or received a vaccine. NH is at .2%. We have a long way to go. Let's not let fear drive us.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:09 AM   #212
jbolty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not to Worry View Post
I guess this women is known quack but hey we all love a good conspiracy theory.

From WP "The film is so questionable that social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube and Vimeo on Thursday scrubbed it from their sites. A Vimeo spokesperson, for example, said that the company “stands firm in keeping our platform safe from content that spreads harmful and misleading health information. The video in question has been removed … for violating these very policies”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...s-coronavirus/
I have not watched that video but I do know I would not trust the WP to accurately report the sun rising and as for all the media platforms, how do they know what's true or not. Twitter and FB claim to be following WHO guidelines but that organization is not trustworthy. The remainder just toe the leftist line to make the panic as wide as possible in the cause of ever expanding government.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:56 AM   #213
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I have not watched that video but I do know I would not trust the WP to accurately report the sun rising and as for all the media platforms, how do they know what's true or not. Twitter and FB claim to be following WHO guidelines but that organization is not trustworthy. The remainder just toe the leftist line to make the panic as wide as possible in the cause of ever expanding government.
Since the Post is one of the most respected news outlets in the country (world?), and you repeat a conspiracy theory that there is intentional main stream misinformation, my guess is that you don't read any news that most of us would recognize as credible. If you have specific critiques on an article relevant to this thread, please share instead of just casting aspersions or reiterating political talking points.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
ApS (05-08-2020), Newbiesaukee (05-08-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 11:12 AM   #214
jbolty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Since the Post is one of the most respected news outlets in the country (world?), and you repeat a conspiracy theory that there is intentional main stream misinformation, my guess is that you don't read any news that most of us would recognize as credible. If you have specific critiques on an article relevant to this thread, please share instead of just casting aspersions or reiterating political talking points.
respected by who? The Compost is the personal diary for Bezos who is making billions from continuing the panic.

do you trust Forbes?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevle.../#3d7e55db7ad5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbolty For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (05-08-2020), Seaplane Pilot (05-08-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 11:42 AM   #215
dickiej

Bezos is a despicable human being....when is enough $$$$ enough? Making 1.3 billion in two months while millions of people can't buy groceries? Really?
Old 05-08-2020, 12:03 PM   #216
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
respected by who? The Compost is the personal diary for Bezos who is making billions from continuing the panic.

do you trust Forbes?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevle.../#3d7e55db7ad5
Yes, apparently they made a mistake on an article and they fixed it. That does not change my assertion, reiterated in the Forbes article, that the Post is one of "the nation's most prestigious news outlets".
Old 05-08-2020, 12:10 PM   #217
FlyingScot

Quote:
Bezos is a despicable human being....when is enough $$$$ enough? Making 1.3 billion in two months while millions of people can't buy groceries? Really?
I don't admire many of the tech leaders as people, and I agree with your implication that too much flows to those at the top, but you seem to be villainizing him just for making a lot of money. Sorry, but we're all capitalists. Aren't we?

Last edited by FlyingScot; 05-08-2020 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:16 PM   #218
jbolty

none are so blind as those who will not see.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbolty For This Useful Post:
FlyingScot (05-08-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 07:57 PM   #219
dickiej

Quote:
I don't admire many of the tech leaders as people, and I agree with your implication that too much flows to those at the top, but you seem to be villainizing him just for making a lot of money. Sorry, but we're all capitalists. Aren't we?
It's not just the obscene amount of money he makes....yes, I am a free marketeer and I believe people who work hard and are successful should reap the benefits of that hard work....it's HOW he makes his money....right now he is reaping the benefits off those severely affected from the corona virus...sort of like big pharma making billions literally off of sick people. He treats his employees horribly, particularly the low level warehouse workers.
And maybe the thing that gets me the most is that Amazon and Google are not going to rest until they know EVERYTHING about us: where we go, what we do, what we look at, what we say. Who knew you can't turn Alexa off....she is listening to our conversations 24/7. Who knew that they can watch us through our cameras, notice we have an older refrigerator and send us ads for new ones.
I just find him smarmy, too rich, and invading our privacy even more than we know.
The Following User Says Thank You to dickiej For This Useful Post:
ApS (05-09-2020)
Old 05-09-2020, 07:13 AM   #220
Not to Worry

Default Maybe this did come from the lab

Probably still from the wild...or at least from the wild that China was researching but maybe the are more culpable than I first thought?

"WASHINGTON — A private analysis of cellphone location data purports to show that a high-security Wuhan laboratory studying coronaviruses shut down in October, three sources briefed on the matter told NBC News. U.S. spy agencies are reviewing the document, but intelligence analysts examined and couldn't confirm a similar theory previously, two senior officials say.

The report — obtained by the London-based NBC News Verification Unit — says there was no cellphone activity in a high-security portion of the Wuhan Institute of Virology from Oct. 7 through Oct. 24, 2019, and that there may have been a "hazardous event" sometime between Oct. 6 and Oct. 11.

It offers no direct evidence of a shutdown, or any proof for the theory that the virus emerged accidentally from the lab."

https://news.yahoo.com/report-says-c...001233644.html
Old 05-09-2020, 07:41 AM   #221
Biggd

Quote:
It's not just the obscene amount of money he makes....yes, I am a free marketeer and I believe people who work hard and are successful should reap the benefits of that hard work....it's HOW he makes his money....right now he is reaping the benefits off those severely affected from the corona virus...sort of like big pharma making billions literally off of sick people. He treats his employees horribly, particularly the low level warehouse workers.
And maybe the thing that gets me the most is that Amazon and Google are not going to rest until they know EVERYTHING about us: where we go, what we do, what we look at, what we say. Who knew you can't turn Alexa off....she is listening to our conversations 24/7. Who knew that they can watch us through our cameras, notice we have an older refrigerator and send us ads for new ones.
I just find him smarmy, too rich, and invading our privacy even more than we know.
The US government does the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
SailinAway (05-10-2020)
Old 05-09-2020, 01:07 PM   #222
lakeporter65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
The US government does the same.
So Biggd, in your mind that makes it OK?
Old 05-09-2020, 05:27 PM   #223
FlyingScot

Quote:
Bezos is extraordinarily rich primarily because he built something magnificent that we all enjoy. (I don't see anyone calling for a boycott of the evil Amazon.) As are Gates, Zuckerberg, Walton, and many pharma CEOs. The real anger against Bezos is that he owns a newspaper that's been very good at pointing out the President's shortcomings.

But I agree that the excesses these guys go to are often sociopathic. So I support the bipartisan effort to increase regulation on big tech, and I hope it will curb some of the stuff you listed.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:27 PM   #224
chasedawg

Quote:

OMG! here we again. This is old bull crap. It has been disproven. Check your facts before you post this crap.. This is why social media is so wrong.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
Biggd (05-09-2020), Newbiesaukee (05-09-2020), Not to Worry (05-10-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 06:43 AM   #225
Chris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
This is why social media is so wrong.
We should have a society where only the trusted big media outlets should have a voice, and nobody should have to do any digging to find the "truth" because free speech shouldn't really be a thing anymore?
Old 05-19-2020, 02:49 PM   #226
ApS

Thumbs up ? Cure for COVID-19 Isn't Bleach, but Close...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
OMG! here we again. This is old bull crap. It has been disproven. Check your facts before you post this crap.. This is why social media is so wrong.
If doctors in Equador are correct, they've discovered why ventilators don't work, and that covid-19 researchers have been looking in the wrong place(s).

Intravenous ClO2 (Clorine dioxide) was found to result in a 100% cure rate!

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-05-...e-dioxide.html

So far, the above link is the only link in English, and it goes on to condemn the CDC and modern pharmacology.

As for virus researcher Dr. Mikovits, much has been made of her disputes with Dr. Fauci on social media. Most of us didn't know 3-1/2 hours of YouTube interviews of her existed!

George Webb has reviewed all of it last week for his investigative YouTube-based website, so further study by interested forum members should be directed there.

Google doesn't readily direct "George Webb" inquiries, but George Webb is the interviewer on the left in a related COVID-19 YouTube: https://youtu.be/kXrmzo3tOH8
Old 06-01-2020, 12:26 PM   #227
Major

Default When does it end? How can it?

It appears that we have our answer. It ends with looting and rioting by thugs. However, there is a bright spot. They didn't seem too concerned about wearing masks or social distancing. Looks like we're in the clear of the dreaded Chinese coronavirus.

Another bright spot is that I'm looking to get my share of free high end items when I go to Boston tomorrow for work. Specifically, I'm thinking of picking up a free Louis Vuitton bag for my wife. I saw nice young men taking armful loads of them from the store, so I'm sure they won't mind if I grab one.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:
ApS (06-01-2020), Hillcountry (06-01-2020), lakeporter65 (06-04-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 03:15 PM   #228
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
It appears that we have our answer. It ends with looting and rioting by thugs. However, there is a bright spot. They didn't seem too concerned about wearing masks or social distancing. Looks like we're in the clear of the dreaded Chinese coronavirus.

Another bright spot is that I'm looking to get my share of free high end items when I go to Boston tomorrow for work. Specifically, I'm thinking of picking up a free Louis Vuitton bag for my wife. I saw nice young men taking armful loads of them from the store, so I'm sure they won't mind if I grab one.
Obviously no relation to COVID-19.

Not even much relation to the unbelievable racism that most of the protestors are there for. 9 minutes on the neck of this guy? After a dozen other videos in the past year?

Plenty of relation to our government's incompetent handling of both the protestors and the anarchists.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (06-01-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 03:43 PM   #229
Biggd

Thumbs down

Quote:

You have a twisted sense of humor.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (06-01-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 09:44 AM   #230
Major

Quote:
You have a twisted sense of humor.
Why do so-called protestors get a free pass from social distancing and masks whereas the rest of the great unwashed have to comply?

This has nothing to do with health and safety, but instead with control. If health and safety were important, the governors and mayors of our liberal cities (having the most stringent restrictions) would enforce curfews, social distancing and mask requirements.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:
ApS (06-02-2020), Hillcountry (06-02-2020), lakeporter65 (06-04-2020), Pineedles (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 11:02 AM   #231
Mr. V

Quote:
Why do so-called protestors get a free pass from social distancing and masks whereas the rest of the great unwashed have to comply?
Most of the protestors were wearing masks, which makes sense: it shields their identity.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:52 AM   #232
Grant

I think a real tell-tale litmus test of the validity of continuing the lockdowns will come in the coming days, when we see if all this urban protesting results in "spikes" in infection. They say ~80% of cases manifest within 3-7 days of exposure, and there were THOUSANDS of people (many without masks, etc.) in the streets in close close proximity. If there are no spikes in new cases in Minneapolis, D.C., Philly, New York, etc., then it's probably safe to go to the beach, etc. Just a thought. Convince me I'm wrong.
farechofisherman (06-02-2020), GregW11 (06-02-2020), VitaBene (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 12:00 PM   #233
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default Someone Explain Please

What I don't get is why is it perfectly acceptable to fly in a plane that is completely full (yes they are full including middle seat!) yet we cant go inside a restaurant???....
farechofisherman (06-02-2020), VitaBene (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 12:10 PM   #234
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
What I don't get is why is it perfectly acceptable to fly in a plane that is completely full (yes they are full including middle seat!) yet we cant go inside a restaurant???....
Exactly. Down here in PA, Target, WalMart, and Costco are all open and doing brisk business, yet the local family-owned garden center remains shuttered during their busiest (break-even) time of the year. The rules are often arbitrary and puzzling, and thousands of businesses will never open their doors again as a result.

But hey, we can just print some more greenbacks and toss them around like confetti...everything will be cool. The gub'mint will come to our rescue and tuck us in.

Perhaps it's time for that Yellowstone super volcano to blow and pull the curtain on this goat rodeo.
gillygirl (06-02-2020), Hillcountry (06-02-2020), ishoot308 (06-02-2020), Seaplane Pilot (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 12:39 PM   #235
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
I wish I could- I flew 2X in the past 10 days. People are masked, no food or beverage service (except in front), but I was sitting next to someone. The planes look cleaner than usual. I fly direct from Manch to Charlotte. You could roll a bowling ball in most terminals and not hit a person!
Old 06-02-2020, 12:46 PM   #236
ishoot308

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
I wish I could- I flew 2X in the past 10 days. People are masked, no food or beverage service (except in front), but I was sitting next to someone. The planes look cleaner than usual. I fly direct from Manch to Charlotte. You could roll a bowling ball in most terminals and not hit a person!
Vita, only first class gets food and beverage service??

I don't know of any closer contact of people than in a plane...most of the time it's body contact too I.E. arm touching arm etc, etc....yet somehow you can't be seated inside a restaurant even if you are 6' apart. Makes zero sense to me!

Dan
Old 06-02-2020, 12:50 PM   #237
Major

Quote:
I have said this many times before, and I'll say it again. Our leaders are completely making this up as they go and have absolutely no idea what they are doing. They are indiscriminately picking winners and losers with no real analysis. I'll give you an example, our office is 25,000 square feet. When fully occupied, we have 65 total employees. I'll do the math for everyone, that's 385 square feet per employee (equivalent of a 19.6 X 19.6 room). Yet, we have to pay some pinhead to see how many people we can have in our space when (at this point it's more like if) we return to work. Common sense, which is lacking in all this, tells me that we are all set.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:
gravy boat (06-02-2020), Hillcountry (06-02-2020), jbolty (06-02-2020), Seaplane Pilot (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 01:39 PM   #238
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
I have said this many times before, and I'll say it again. Our leaders are completely making this up as they go and have absolutely no idea what they are doing. They are indiscriminately picking winners and losers with no real analysis. I'll give you an example, our office is 25,000 square feet. When fully occupied, we have 65 total employees. I'll do the math for everyone, that's 385 square feet per employee (equivalent of a 19.6 X 19.6 room). Yet, we have to pay some pinhead to see how many people we can have in our space when (at this point it's more like if) we return to work. Common sense, which is lacking in all this, tells me that we are all set.
Their house of cards is rapidly collapsing. Time for the ruling class to change the subject and come up with another manufactured "crisis".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (06-02-2020), Major (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 02:00 PM   #239
Major

Quote:
Their house of cards is rapidly collapsing. Time for the ruling class to change the subject and come up with another manufactured "crisis".
Exactly! There will be another crisis, there always is. However, until the new crisis is manufactured, it will be the height of hypocrisy when our leaders come back to tell us that we must adhere to social distancing, wearing masks, quarantining, etc. when it is obvious these rules do not apply to so-called "protesters." The rest of us should protest and revolt NOW. Obviously, they can't arrest us. The upside is at least when we revolt, there will be no destruction or looting.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:
ApS (06-02-2020), Hillcountry (06-02-2020), Seaplane Pilot (06-03-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 03:26 PM   #240
gravy boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I think a real tell-tale litmus test of the validity of continuing the lockdowns will come in the coming days, when we see if all this urban protesting results in "spikes" in infection. They say ~80% of cases manifest within 3-7 days of exposure, and there were THOUSANDS of people (many without masks, etc.) in the streets in close close proximity. If there are no spikes in new cases in Minneapolis, D.C., Philly, New York, etc., then it's probably safe to go to the beach, etc. Just a thought. Convince me I'm wrong.
Agree. I don't think there will be as many as people think. On a similar note, has anybody seen the numbers of how many were infected and died from the Spring Breakers who went to Miami? I've seen zero but may have not looked in the right place... I recall we were told by government many citizens that a mass infection and deaths will results from the Spring Breakers' selfishness.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:08 PM   #241
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:

If you are checking the looted stores, there should be plenty of work boots left behind too. For some reason they didn't take them.
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
Major (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 06:20 PM   #242
Top-Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
If you are checking the looted stores, there should be plenty of work boots left behind too. For some reason they didn't take them.
That made me smile.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:17 PM   #243
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

If you were killed what store would you want looted in your honor? (Asking for a friend)
Old 06-03-2020, 09:24 AM   #244
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy boat View Post
Agree. I don't think there will be as many as people think. On a similar note, has anybody seen the numbers of how many were infected and died from the Spring Breakers who went to Miami? I've seen zero but may have not looked in the right place... I recall we were told by government many citizens that a mass infection and deaths will results from the Spring Breakers' selfishness.
Spring Break analysis is going to be really tough because any people who were infected were then dispersed nationwide, so the data will show up across many geographies and thus be diluted. But Mardi Gras data and analysis show a definite impact on Louisiana.

https://www.wwno.org/post/cdc-report...vents-february
Old 06-03-2020, 04:41 PM   #245
kawishiwi

Default Swedish regret...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...anders-tegnell
Old 06-03-2020, 08:18 PM   #246
ApS

Arrow "Gain of Function" is Key to Lethality...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy boat View Post
1) Business Insider shows Spring Breakers' cellphones being tracked back to their home locales.

2) Last week, it was observed that if New York (alone) was a sovereign country, New York would be the in the same highly-diseased spot as recorded for the entire USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
3) At least Sweden hasn't "totaled" their economy, although they probably regret accepting the greatest share of "Libyan" immigrants among all the Scandinavian countries.

4) This cartoon was probably intended for those who think otherwise:

SAMIAM (06-04-2020)
Old 06-04-2020, 12:22 PM   #247
ishoot308

Default Some Good News

https://www.foxnews.com/health/no-ne...s-pool-parties

Dan
Hillcountry (06-04-2020)
Old 06-04-2020, 12:36 PM   #248
Biggd

Quote:
Must be "the lake effect".
ishoot308 (06-04-2020)
Old 06-04-2020, 02:10 PM   #249
ishoot308

Quote:
Must be "the lake effect".
Probably all the pee in the lake disinfected everyone!! Braun bay should be good to go also!!

Dan
Old 06-04-2020, 05:58 PM   #250
Hillcountry

Quote:
Probably all the pee in the lake disinfected everyone!! Braun bay should be good to go also!!

Dan
Lol...Dan, I believe that would be the “toilet effect”
Someone should go snorkeling there with some kind of test kit...
Old 06-04-2020, 08:03 PM   #251
Jersey Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
Lol...Dan, I believe that would be the “toilet effect”
Someone should go snorkeling there with some kind of test kit...
Sounds like you are volunteering!
Old 06-04-2020, 10:03 PM   #252
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Bob View Post
Sounds like you are volunteering!
Nope, not me!
Old 06-25-2020, 01:50 AM   #253
ApS

Exclamation One Analyst's Perception:

This analyst, who has recorded every piece of Covid-19 data (worldwide, and US county-by-county) has come to today's conclusions:
Sweden and the rest of Europe is doing poorly, but even "successful" Denmark hasn't conquered the disease.

The author continues:

There’s only one thing I mind about elevated testing.

Test all you want, but if you uncover twice as many positives by testing twice as much as usual, be sure to disclose that. Don’t blame it on the spread of the disease.

If you find elevated positive testing percentages, be sure to disclose that as well.

If we look back at the immediate skyrocketing of the disease up until we sheltered in place, it’s crystal clear the sheltering in place really slowed the disease.

I had hoped we would see folks be careful about taking precautions after us all having to be in the home for several months. Then the braintrusts got out there and refused to social distance and wear masks.

Well, here we are. Most of the benefits of sheltering in place are going to be unraveled now in short order.

I also expected some increase in the disease after we opened up, but we’re headed toward doubling the numbers in about a week and a half.

You almost have to work at it to do that much damage

Last edited by ApS; 06-25-2020 at 01:52 AM. Reason: URL
Old 06-25-2020, 05:34 AM   #254
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

As I see it:
1. Virus is a thing.
2. Quarantine to "flatten the curve."
3. New information = virus spread can be kept in check if socially distant/wear mask/wash hands and sanitize/don't touch, or sneeze in, faces.
4. Some states: "let's open intelligently and with guidelines." Other states: "screw that ish, I need to parrrr-tayyyy!"
5. Some states: "Our Covid numbers have plummeted." Other states: "Our Covid numbers have skyrocketed."

Weird.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 06-25-2020, 06:12 AM   #255
rsmlp

Default Covid and The Lakes Region

To date, The lakes region has largely escaped Covid cases but as we're seeing in many places especially TX, CA, FL an AZ, cases are exploding to new highs. We do NOT want that in around here. THE simplest way to avoid that is distance and masks. Period. And please save me the nonsense about Dr "fraud". Science and facts are had to argue with. If you're inside a public place please wear a mask or avoid that public place.

Unfortunately it looks like a second wave (first for many) and we don't want to participate!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rsmlp For This Useful Post:
BrownstoneNorth (06-25-2020), chasedawg (06-25-2020), Newbiesaukee (06-25-2020), Pam (06-26-2020), Pricestavern (06-25-2020), Winilyme (06-25-2020)
Old 06-25-2020, 09:41 AM   #256
Pricestavern

Default Just wear a mask

As Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) put it: "...everyone should just wear a damn mask"
The Following User Says Thank You to Pricestavern For This Useful Post:
Biggd (06-25-2020)
Old 06-25-2020, 10:15 AM   #257
thinkxingu

MA DESE just released "guidelines" (not requirements) for returning to school in fall. Rough summary: 3' minimum distance, masks for grade 2+ and adults, avoid mixing groups as much as possible (lunch in room/classes stay together), no maximum group size.

Interesting start...

Old 06-25-2020, 03:41 PM   #258
dickiej

I've said it before and I'll say it again....the people who don't wear masks do so for one reason...."the damn government isn't going to tell me what to do ".
I've see interesting psychological profiles of those type people....the same people who disregard signs "area closed" and go in anyway...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dickiej For This Useful Post:
Biggd (06-25-2020), chasedawg (06-26-2020)
Old 06-25-2020, 04:31 PM   #259
gravy boat

Quote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again....the people who don't wear masks do so for one reason...."the damn government isn't going to tell me what to do ".
I've see interesting psychological profiles of those type people....the same people who disregard signs "area closed" and go in anyway...
What do the psych profiles say? Are you will to share details? I'd be interested, since you brought it up...
The Following User Says Thank You to gravy boat For This Useful Post:
Seaplane Pilot (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 11:44 AM   #260
thinkxingu

Looks like things are going well in Florida.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:05 PM   #261
Susie Cougar

Yes, think. Florida had over 9000 cases yesterday. The numbers went from 2000 people a day to 3000 to 5000 and now we’re almost at 10,000 people a day. Almost 15% of people being tested now are positive. The average age of a coronavirus patient is now 31. When the bars and restaurants opened up, young people saw it as a green light. Also, they hit the gyms and were not wearing masks because the governor won’t make it a requirement. Many cities are now requiring masks and people are fighting back. I don’t see how this can ever end.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:15 PM   #262
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
Yes, think. Florida had over 9000 cases yesterday. The numbers went from 2000 people a day to 3000 to 5000 and now we’re almost at 10,000 people a day. Almost 15% of people being tested now are positive. The average age of a coronavirus patient is now 31. When the bars and restaurants opened up, young people saw it as a green light. Also, they hit the gyms and were not wearing masks because the governor won’t make it a requirement. Many cities are now requiring masks and people are fighting back. I don’t see how this can ever end.
Bars closed in Florida immediately due to the 8900 new cases reported today.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 06-26-2020, 12:36 PM   #263
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post

And Texas.

Old 06-26-2020, 01:08 PM   #264
WinnisquamZ

Restaurants remain open at 50% capacity just the bar areas of each state will close. As the governor said yesterday here in NH we have very few “bars”. With hotels and campgrounds opening at 100% how does do restaurants handle the extra capacity issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 06-26-2020, 01:42 PM   #265
gravy boat

My guess is takeout or people have to wait in line for an open air table. Or people continue to cook at home or around the campfire. Those in motel/hotel will have to do the takeout thing, I guess.

Susie Cougar -- "The average age of a coronavirus patient is now 31." Does that mean they are under medical care or only tested positive?
Old 06-26-2020, 02:01 PM   #266
Susie Cougar

From what I understand, and the news is changing constantly, many people are testing positive and are asymptomatic. Also, although younger people are being hospitalized, they are not needing the extreme care that the older patients do, such as ventilators. There does seem to be a real threat, however, that we will have a shortage of hospital beds by the middle of July if this trend continues.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:51 PM   #267
Seaplane Pilot

Thumbs down

Quote:
BS! I’m a law abiding citizen, have not even had a parking ticket in over 20 year. A pilot knows full well that they better obey FAA or else.... However, I absolutely refuse to wear a mask. I have my reasons, and will never change my position on this matter. When I looked in the mirror this morning, I saw a man, not a sheep.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post:
Bigstan (06-26-2020), Hillcountry (06-27-2020), Major (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #268
bigdog

Default Covit update traveling down the NE I95 corridor

Just returned from 12 day trip to Hilton Head Island, and noticed the following when traveling North through the States.....

S Caroline
Has shown an uptick in Covit cases, however, restaurants have inside seating, beaches are open, and of course, everyone is playing golf ! Lot's of folks are out and about, even went to a HUGE Tanger Outlet while there with tons of people shopping, you’d think it was Christmas ! Most folks are wearing masks. What is amusing, you see them wearing masks while driving !
Seriously ???

N Carolina
Most folks still wearing masks, and was told by total strangers, when out and about to wear one ! Those folks were senior citizens, of which I am a member.

Virginia-Maryland
Folks still wearing masks, per Governors order.
Some places I went, they wouldn't let you inside w/o wearing a mask.
Those folks are still in modified ‘lock down’, some restaurants open with seating, some only take-out, Hotels are not serving any food, only bagged food by hotels, swimming pools closed.
The way they described it to me is their Gov. is slowly relaxing restrictions.

NY and Conn the worse… no surprise there !!!!!
Restaurants, only take-out food, even then, when I did, someone would come to the door, take your money, then shove your bagged order at you, then immediately close the door. Gov. Coumo has those folks locked-down tight and from what folks there have told me, he’s going to keep it that way indefinitely !

Glad to be home again, I guess we have it pretty better than most States !

Last edited by bigdog; 06-26-2020 at 03:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-26-2020, 03:17 PM   #269
FlyingScot

Quote:
BS! I’m a law abiding citizen, have not even had a parking ticket in over 20 year. A pilot knows full well that they better obey FAA or else.... However, I absolutely refuse to wear a mask. I have my reasons, and will never change my position on this matter. When I looked in the mirror this morning, I saw a man, not a sheep.
Funny, while you're telling him his post is BS, you're paraphrasing the first half of his post. Maybe you'll concede he's half right?
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
Biggd (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 03:44 PM   #270
Bigstan

Quote:
Funny, while you're telling him his post is BS, you're paraphrasing the first half of his post. Maybe you'll concede he's half right?
Paraphrasing how ? Noone mentioned the government. At this point I would call it not caving to peer pressure. You can try and bully us all you want, a lot of us aren't buying.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:52 PM   #271
Susie Cougar

Quote:
Seaplane Pilot, if so many people are testing positive and have no symptoms whatsoever, why won’t you wear a mask to protect others when you may be asymptomatic as well?
I went out to the dentist for the first time since the end of February. My son brought me in the car with all the windows down and he was wearing a mask. When I went into the dentist, I put on my mask, and I wore it in the car on the ride back to protect my son. It was not an issue at all for me.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:56 PM   #272
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstan View Post
Paraphrasing how ? Noone mentioned the government. At this point I would call it not caving to peer pressure. You can try and bully us all you want, a lot of us aren't buying.
I'm not trying to bully anyone, and certainly would not expect to be able to bully SP. I hope to persuade people to wear masks and also to illustrate the inconsistencies and inaccuracies in certain posts.

To answer your question about paraphrasing--Dickie wrote: I've said it before and I'll say it again....the people who don't wear masks do so for one reason...."the damn government isn't going to tell me what to do".

To which SP replied along the lines of : "I'm a man not a sheep." By that he meant he's not going to let anybody (such as the government) tell him what to do. This would be paraphrasing half of Dickie's post, right?

But SP's a big boy and a forceful advocate for his position. I'm sure he'll let us know if I've misunderstood his use of "sheep"
Old 06-26-2020, 04:43 PM   #273
Mr. V

Quote:
We'll just have to see if you sing a different tune when / if NH gets more cases and the governor mandates masks in public.

Law abiding citizen or scofflaw?

tick ... tick ... tick ...
Old 06-26-2020, 06:22 PM   #274
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
We'll just have to see if you sing a different tune when / if NH gets more cases and the governor mandates masks in public.

When wearing a mask becomes a LAW, then I’ll consider it. But not until.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:56 PM   #275
Biggd

Quote:
I bet you have lots of mirrors in your house so you can admire yourself every chance you get.

chasedawg (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 07:12 PM   #276
Jdarby

So a man doesn’t wear a mask? He stares the virus in the face and shows it who’s boss....no fear?! Do you play chicken on train tracks too? Of course getting the virus isn’t certain death like getting hit by a train so probably not. Roll the dice....like a man! Vegas was built on losing. God speed!

Old 06-26-2020, 07:25 PM   #277
Bigstan

Quote:
I'm not trying to bully anyone, and certainly would not expect to be able to bully SP. I hope to persuade people to wear masks and also to illustrate the inconsistencies and inaccuracies in certain posts.

To answer your question about paraphrasing--Dickie wrote: I've said it before and I'll say it again....the people who don't wear masks do so for one reason...."the damn government isn't going to tell me what to do".

To which SP replied along the lines of : "I'm a man not a sheep." By that he meant he's not going to let anybody (such as the government) tell him what to do. This would be paraphrasing half of Dickie's post, right?

But SP's a big boy and a forceful advocate for his position. I'm sure he'll let us know if I've misunderstood his use of "sheep"
I interpreted it my way - the government is not ‘telling’ me to wear one, it’s people such as those here that are saying do it or you don’t care or words to that effect. I’m not a sheep that will go along with that either, but by all means let him clarify his interpretation.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:31 PM   #278
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdarby View Post
So a man doesn’t wear a mask? He stares the virus in the face and shows it who’s boss....no fear?! Do you play chicken on train tracks too? Of course getting the virus isn’t certain death like getting hit by a train so probably not. Roll the dice....like a man! Vegas was built on losing. God speed!

The difference is in endangering your own life vs. that of others.

In your train analogy, would you have a problem if passengers were hurt because someone played chicken? I certainly would.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:31 PM   #279
ApS

Arrow Value of Masks—In Pictures...

In Europe, similar images to the below expresses the value of wearing masks, and is commonly seen:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post

That's easy to see by the "citizens" boat, and how it's operated.
Newbiesaukee (06-27-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 07:57 PM   #280
Jdarby

Quote:
The difference is in endangering your own life vs. that of others.

In your train analogy, would you have a problem if passengers were hurt because someone played chicken? I certainly would.

As would I. Believe me, I totally get it. I work in healthcare and can bear witness to the reality of the pandemic. The reality that some people think is apparently a hoax or just some political game.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jdarby For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 09:26 PM   #281
chasedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
To date, The lakes region has largely escaped Covid cases but as we're seeing in many places especially TX, CA, FL an AZ, cases are exploding to new highs. We do NOT want that in around here. THE simplest way to avoid that is distance and masks. Period. And please save me the nonsense about Dr "fraud". Science and facts are had to argue with. If you're inside a public place please wear a mask or avoid that public place.

Unfortunately it looks like a second wave (first for many) and we don't want to participate!!
Thank you for posting that Experience and actual facts are now showing what has been said all along. That a simplest solution is distance and masks What is so difficult to understand???
Old 06-26-2020, 10:45 PM   #282
chasedawg

Default When are people going to acknowledge that this is serious

Quote:

For weeks and months now I have been following those on the forum that don't believe Covid-19 is a serious..very serious virus. Only nothing worst than the flu. Those people will continue on with their ways. I will not wear a mask..I don't care...the government can't make me..and so on. I feel for those people. With that resistance the numbers will unfortuantely will grow like in the Southern states. Look at AZ that opened early. Look at Calif, FL.

Have you seen the numbers people infected in states that opened. Astonishing!
Florida, Texas are getting killed with huge increases in cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Young people are now getting it. There was a post yesterday saying no big worry young people don't get this. Headlines today in the Globe..Young people are getting it too.

No don't worry or don't be a worry wort as i have been called. Just suck it up! This is nothing more than a seasonal flu.

Why then if that is the case a family celebrates a family birthday party for a few hours and 13 come down with Corvid 19. Several are not doing well.

People better start realizing that this could easily come to your neighborhood. Yes it could come to you. But perhaps not.

Just simply wear a mask. Better yet self distance 6'. and clean your hands with sanitizers.

I also noticed that the number of forum responses on this subject has died up. It could be for several reasons. Number one and for me.... I have had enough of this thread! Let's move on to happier summer days and hope and pray for all those who have been effective will make it.
The Following User Says Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
JanN (06-27-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 10:49 PM   #283
lakeporter65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdarby View Post
As would I. Believe me, I totally get it. I work in healthcare and can bear witness to the reality of the pandemic. The reality that some people think is apparently a hoax or just some political game.
It HAS turned into a Political Game.
Old 06-27-2020, 03:55 AM   #284
thinkxingu

The most frustrating thing about this pandemic is that it's mostly preventable.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:37 AM   #285
Major

Quote:
Seaplane, people just don’t get it and they never will. Our Constitutional rights are stripped away without any fighting back or challenge. All for what, a really bad flu season. Healthy people cannot die from this. The average age of death is 82. The highest risk group appears to be fat people. So if you are old and/or fat, the responsibility is yours, not mine, to take care of yourself.

And Seaplane, we know that the rioters, looters, occupiers and destroyers are taking advantage of our weakened state. We are too weak and cowardly to fight back. This is a leftist dream come true. Our great President predicted this three years ago when the anarchists started tearing down Confederate statues. And here we are destroying priceless art and history.

This same playbook will be used when attempting their ultimate goal - disarming us. They will gin up some crisis, like a really bad flu, place tens of millions of Americans out of work, destroy tens of thousands of small businesses, and then try to confiscate our guns. I used to think this is far fetched but not now. Sad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (06-27-2020), Seaplane Pilot (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 05:59 AM   #286
rsmlp

Quote:
Seaplane, people just don’t get it and they never will. Our Constitutional rights are stripped away without any fighting back or challenge. All for what, a really bad flu season. Healthy people cannot die from this. The average age of death is 82. The highest risk group appears to be fat people. So if you are old and/or fat, the responsibility is yours, not mine, to take care of yourself.

And Seaplane, we know that the rioters, looters, occupiers and destroyers are taking advantage of our weakened state. We are too weak and cowardly to fight back. This is a leftist dream come true. Our great President predicted this three years ago when the anarchists started tearing down Confederate statues. And here we are destroying priceless art and history.

This same playbook will be used when attempting their ultimate goal - disarming us. They will gin up some crisis, like a really bad flu, place tens of millions of Americans out of work, destroy tens of thousands of small businesses, and then try to confiscate our guns. I used to think this is far fetched but not now. Sad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People always have a CHOICE-to be part of the solution or the problem. You and your ilk have made their position well known. Unfortunately, for people who choose to be part of the solution, you are putting us at risk and I'll be blunt and say that is incredibly selfish. You reap what you sow so you and your "constitutional rights" will have their comeuppance.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:13 AM   #287
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
People always have a CHOICE-to be part of the solution or the problem. You and your ilk have made their position well known. Unfortunately, for people who choose to be part of the solution, you are putting us at risk and I'll be blunt and say that is incredibly selfish. You reap what you sow so you and your "constitutional rights" will have their comeuppance.
As of today (but maybe not tomorrow the way things are going) you’re entitled to express your opinions. And that’s what you’re doing, simply expressing your opinions. I happen to disagree with your opinions about this hoax.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 06:15 AM   #288
Winilyme

Default Major...

...just when I think you’ve stooped to the lowest of lows, you manage to stoop lower.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:51 AM   #289
rsmlp

Default politics and covid

Politics should NOT play a part with wanting to stay safe and observing basic common sense practices like maintaining distance and wearing masks in indoor public places BUT thanks to our illustrious POTUS-it does.

I am not liberal by any means but I am well schooled in science and I consider myself unselfish. NOT wearing a mask is not even ignorant, it's just lazy and inconsiderate, so to beat the s&^t out of this dead horse, I really feel sorry for people who just don't give a damn about their fellow neighbor to the point where they can't be bothered to take the simplest of measures to help maintain safety but a great big THANK YOU to those that do!
The Following User Says Thank You to rsmlp For This Useful Post:
ApS (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 07:03 AM   #290
fatlazyless

http://www.cnet.com/health/where-are...asks-required/

Last I heard, face masks are required in Maine and Massachusetts, and recommended here by the State of New Hampshire ......
Old 06-27-2020, 07:33 AM   #291
Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
...just when I think you’ve stooped to the lowest of lows, you manage to stoop lower.
Why? I reread his post several times and still can't understand why is it so "low"? You didn't explain that or give your opinion. Why are you so intolerant of his opinion?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan For This Useful Post:
Top-Water (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 07:38 AM   #292
rsmlp

Quote:
As of today (but maybe not tomorrow the way things are going) you’re entitled to express your opinions. And that’s what you’re doing, simply expressing your opinions. I happen to disagree with your opinions about this hoax.
SHAME ON YOU for comparing yourself to our brave completely SELFLESS fathers and forefathers who stormed the beaches and sacrificed their lives so that we might have a better future. Might better compare our brave health professionals who are on the front line facing the risk of Covid to our veterans. Tell you what, go find one of those people and ask them how they feel about you ignoring basic humane safety standards because you just cannot be bothered.
I suspect you want bother
The Following User Says Thank You to rsmlp For This Useful Post:
Jdarby (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 07:40 AM   #293
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
SHAME ON YOU for comparing yourself to our brave completely SELFLESS fathers and forefathers who stormed the beaches and sacrificed their lives so that we might have a better future. Might better compare our brave health professionals who are on the front line facing the risk of Covid to our veterans. Tell you what, go find one of those people and ask them how they feel about you ignoring basic humane safety standards because you just cannot be bothered.
Nice try, but I’m not taking the bait. You have your opinion, I have mine.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:41 AM   #294
Major

Quote:
I and many others think YOU are part of the problem. I will beat a dead horse. Why is it so farfetched to question that our approach to this so-called pandemic was wrong? Why are you so offended by it? There are 7,000,000,000 plus people in the world. A very small percentage is affected by the Chinese coronavirus and an even smaller percentage died from it. (Although it is typically the underlying condition that kills the person, e.g., diabetes or obesity.) For the life of me, if it is statistically impossible for a person under 65 in relatively good health to not die from the Chinese coronavirus, then why is it heretical to question that maybe we did not adopt the correct approach. I guess freedom of thought and speech are not high on your list of Constitutional rights.

And you better appreciate your Constitutional rights. Like it or not, our collective American experience perfected liberty and freedom for everyone who is blessed to live here. There were bumps along the way, but it is the best in the world, and all of us should appreciate it. And you better not want a comeuppance. That means YOUR rights will be affected as much as mine. It seems to me like you don't appreciate freedom and liberty, but you will once it is taken away from you.
Hillcountry (06-27-2020), lakeporter65 (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 07:48 AM   #295
Major

Quote:
I'll take the bait. Do you think our young people today would have the moral fortitude and courage to do what those young men did in 1944? That is the point of the post. We have raised a bunch of selfish, cowardly generation of young men who do not appreciate the freedoms and liberties we all enjoy. Like everything else in their lives, they take EVERYTHING for granted. When the Chinese storm our beaches, who will be there to defend us? Will we want to be defended? Our values have gone down the sink hole, and it isn't because of the feared orange man as people like you refer to him. It is because of 50 plus years of liberal mob think invading our institutions, such as education, government and military. He has only been President for 3+ years. To think he caused what we are seeing in our major cities is plain stupid.
The Following User Says Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 07:49 AM   #296
Susie Cougar

I just read an interesting story. The co-founder of OpenMaryland , a group that tried to force Governor Hogan to rescind his stay at home orders back in April and who attended all kinds of rallies while claiming that the coronavirus is just a hoax has tested positive for the virus. He claims that he has not worn a mask at any of the rallies and no one has gotten sick until he tried to start a church.

He claims that Satan gave him the virus to stop him from spreading the word. He says he refuses to change his behavior and will continue to not wear a mask and he will not cooperate with authorities to help with contact tracing and that anyone who came in contact with him in the past is responsible for his own well-being.

So now, we have people walking around who are testing positive and are still out and about and have no problem infecting others.
I guess the devil made him do it, LOL. Who used to say that all the time?
Old 06-27-2020, 07:50 AM   #297
Biggd

I don't see much difference between the laws governing this and smoking. Smoking causes cancer and kills people as does second hand smoke. We, and many other countries, have banned indoor smoking to protect the health of innocent bystanders. Masks do the same against the virus.

Jdarby (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 08:08 AM   #298
Major

Quote:
I bet you have lots of mirrors in your house so you can admire yourself every chance you get.

I find it rich that someone with the moniker "Biggd" questions another person's ego! If left didn't have double standards they wouldn't have any standards at all!
Hillcountry (06-27-2020), Top-Water (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 08:10 AM   #299
Susie Cougar

I really don’t know what to think anymore. I don’t understand how something as simple as putting on a mask when you’re out in public has become such a huge inconvenience that people refuse to do it.

The governor of Florida refused to make mask wearing mandatory because he says he would rather get more flies with honey than with vinegar. He had hoped that people would do the right thing. Now in today’s paper, the governor is claiming that young people are to blame for the sharp rise in cases because they are shunning masks and congregating in unhealthy ways..

What they realized after they opened the bars was that the environment is not conducive to stopping the spread of the virus. Bartenders said that people acted like there was no pandemic at all. People were not wearing masks and were not social distancing. People tend to talk louder in these situations and droplets from your speech go further.

How will the economy ever get back to normal if people refuse to take this seriously? We can’t keep pretending.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:22 AM   #300
Biggd

Quote:
I find it rich that someone with the moniker "Biggd" questions another person's ego! If left didn't have double standards they wouldn't have any standards at all!
The moniker I've chosen has nothing to do with what your dirty mind has thought up but I expect nothing less from you.