Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2014, 10:41 AM   #1
Tackleman

Default Local Eatery

My wife and I went to the local eatery last night and it was outstanding. The service was fantastic and the menu was great. Many great things to choose from. I had a maple White Russian to start and it was out of this world. My wife ended up with surf and surf which was swordfish and scallops. I got the scallops with lobster risotto. We just had the rest for lunch. I would go back in a heartbeat
Tackleman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tackleman For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (08-04-2014), Major (08-04-2014)
Old 08-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #2
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Farm to Table

This restaurant is locally owned and use local meat and produce.

Definitely worth the trip to downtown Laconia!
Old 08-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
belly_button_biter

This was one of our go-to spots, then the consistency kinda fell apart. They seem to be struggling lately evident by the heavy Friday and Saturday nigjt mid summer discounting
belly_button_biter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:50 PM   #4
Bumble2249

Quote:
Originally Posted by belly_button_biter View Post
This was one of our go-to spots, then the consistency kinda fell apart. They seem to be struggling lately evident by the heavy Friday and Saturday nigjt mid summer discounting

Lol! This place is fantastic. I've never had a bad meal there. Where do they offer their discounts, coupons or whatever it is that you speak of??
Old 08-04-2014, 07:38 PM   #5
belly_button_biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble2249 View Post
Lol! This place is fantastic. I've never had a bad meal there. Where do they offer their discounts, coupons or whatever it is that you speak of??

https://www.facebook.com/LaconiaLocalEatery
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #6
Jeanzb1

Thumbs down

I hate to be the bearer of a bad review, but we were there last week (four of us) and it was NOT good. I'll leave it at that.
Jeanzb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:57 PM   #7
Bumble2249

Quote:

There isn't a deal anywhere on their Facebook page for a weekend night. All I see is mon-thurs, from June til current day at least. Am I missing something?
Old 08-05-2014, 12:00 AM   #8
belly_button_biter

Quote:
There isn't a deal anywhere on their Facebook page for a weekend night. All I see is mon-thurs, from June til current day at least. Am I missing something?
Read their FB post from Fri July 25th and all comments on July 31. If you still cannot figure it out I would say yes you are missing something
Old 08-05-2014, 07:38 AM   #9
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts
Default Local Eatery

All I see on the Local's website is an increased marketing effort, with an effort to increase mid-week sales. Since it's opening, my wife and I have eaten there about once a month. We have never had a bad meal or a bad experience. It's one of the best restaurants in the Lakes Region. I'm not sure about the "consistency" comment. The food is always delicious. Also, the Local is far from struggling. Go there on a Friday or Saturday night. The place is packed. IMHO, I'm not sure whether there's something behind the consistency and struggling comments. Anyway, if it drives people away, that's good for us!
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:
Bumble2249 (08-05-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 08:07 AM   #10
PaugusBayFireFighter

Quote:
Half price apps and martinis for 3 hours is "heavy discounting"?
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaugusBayFireFighter For This Useful Post:
wynndog (08-10-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 08:15 AM   #11
Bumble2249

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter View Post

Seriously right?
diz (08-05-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 08:22 AM   #12
BroadHopper

Default Local Eatery

Whenever I have guests or when I have a night at the Pitman's, the Local Eatery never disappoint me or my guests. I do find it busy in season on weekend and I expected that.

If you think it is too busy. Take a walk down to Hector's, although not as good, you do get good service and victuals.

For fast food, "Burrito Me", in the same building as the 'Local Eatery' is THE place to be! Sure beats the fast food chains!
Old 08-05-2014, 09:24 AM   #13
belly_button_biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter View Post

Name one other Lakes Region restaurant that has any Friday night or Saturday night mid summer discounts whatsoever? Why would they?

I posted a question back in the offseason looking for a restaurant with a Friday or Saturday night discount and not one was mentioned.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:28 PM   #14
diz

Quote:
Seriously right?

It's from 8:00 to 11:00PM. I'd say they're looking to fill the restaurant after normal dinner hours. Maybe they're trying to get a jump on the new pub going in across the street in terms of later drinking and dining?
diz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to diz For This Useful Post:
Bumble2249 (08-05-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #15
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts
Default Fratello's

Quote:
Name one other Lakes Region restaurant that has any Friday night or Saturday night mid summer discounts whatsoever? Why would they?

I posted a question back in the offseason looking for a restaurant with a Friday or Saturday night discount and not one was mentioned.
Fratello's has happy hour on Fridays from 4-6. A little early, but good food and drinks for a great price.
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:18 PM   #16
Bumble2249

Quote:

Here's a few for ya. The brick front, buckys, crazy gringo, the frog rock, juniors bbq and Patricks pub. All have a happy hour. Most 7 days a week some only until Friday night.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #17
belly_button_biter

Quote:
Here's a few for ya. The brick front, buckys, crazy gringo, the frog rock, juniors bbq and Patricks pub. All have a happy hour. Most 7 days a week some only until Friday night.
Friday afternoon happy hour from 4 to 6 is very common I'm surprised you didn't have a longer list. Actually I don't know if your list is the list the Local Eatery hoped to be associated with. O's, Canoe, Lyons Den, Tavern 27, Lake House Grill, Lavinia's all are packed during primetime dining at 8 p.m on Friday and Saturday night.

The fact that they recently extended their hours to include lunch is another telltale sign.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:24 PM   #18
brk-lnt

Quote:
The fact that they recently extended their hours to include lunch is another telltale sign.
Telltale sign of what exactly?

All I see is a restaurant in a region with a sub-optimal overall full-year demand curve trying to make a spot for themselves.

FWIW, when we've been to the Laconia Local Eatery the food and service were stellar and the menu itself showed a lot of creativity.
Bumble2249 (08-06-2014), Major (08-06-2014), Reilly (08-07-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #19
BroadHopper

Default Happy Hour

If an establishment needs to rely heavily on happy hour, that tells me something. I don't think a place with no happy hour is a concern. They have enough business to sustain.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:29 PM   #20
SIKSUKR

Hmmm.I dunno....
Attached Images

brk-lnt (08-06-2014), PaugusBayFireFighter (08-06-2014), upthesaukee (08-06-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #21
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
If an establishment needs to rely heavily on happy hour, that tells me something. I don't think a place with no happy hour is a concern. They have enough business to sustain.
Please share the data you have on their "reliance" on happy hour vs. them trying various strategies to draw in new/more business just for general growth purposes.
Bumble2249 (08-06-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 06:10 PM   #22
belly_button_biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
Telltale sign of what exactly?

All I see is a restaurant in a region with a sub-optimal overall full-year demand curve trying to make a spot for themselves.

FWIW, when we've been to the Laconia Local Eatery the food and service were stellar and the menu itself showed a lot of creativity.
I agree with you in regards to the quality of the expeirance the Local Eatery offers. I'm guessing we dined there at least 15 times since they opened. The last time in there was a menu change which did not include any items my dining companion could enjoy. That is when we started following them on FB and learned they were opening for lunch, then learned they were discounting prime time weekends. Perhaps we've drawn the wrong conclusion and they just want to work harder during the week and give it away weekends.
The Following User Says Thank You to belly_button_biter For This Useful Post:
VitaBene (08-06-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 09:44 PM   #23
Bumble2249

Quote:
Friday afternoon happy hour from 4 to 6 is very common I'm surprised you didn't have a longer list. Actually I don't know if your list is the list the Local Eatery hoped to be associated with. O's, Canoe, Lyons Den, Tavern 27, Lake House Grill, Lavinia's all are packed during primetime dining at 8 p.m on Friday and Saturday night.

Why don't you read your preceding post.. It says that you'd like to know ANY lakes region restaurant that offers a discount of any kind in the summer, does it not???

You didn't clarify that it had to be a certain restaurant type did you? At the end of the day, you have an obvious issue with the Local Eatery. Where do you derive your want to be restaurant knowledge from anyways?
Old 08-07-2014, 03:32 AM   #24
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Why don't you read your preceding post.. It says that you'd like to know ANY lakes region restaurant that offers a discount of any kind in the summer, does it not???

You didn't clarify that it had to be a certain restaurant type did you? At the end of the day, you have an obvious issue with the Local Eatery. Where do you derive your want to be restaurant knowledge from anyways?
I don't think BBB had too much of an issue with the Local Eatery if they ate there 15 times, minimum. The menu looks good, I will have to check it out.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:27 AM   #25
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
I don't think BBB had too much of an issue with the Local Eatery if they ate there 15 times, minimum. The menu looks good, I will have to check it out.
It's definitely worth the trip John. My only complaint about this place is that they are closed on Monday's. If they were open Leslie and I would go more often.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #26
belly_button_biter

Quote:

can't say I have very much restaurant knowledge however I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Oh and I also have a handful of receipts from gift certificates purchased to restaurants that went out of business. Just hoping to learn from my mistakes
Old 08-10-2014, 10:43 PM   #27
Bumble2249

Quote:
can't say I have very much restaurant knowledge however I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Oh and I also have a handful of receipts from gift certificates purchased to restaurants that went out of business. Just hoping to learn from my mistakes

That's a great answer.....not