Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-05-2020, 09:15 AM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,955 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
My Dearest ishoot308*,
Last evening, on the most American of holidays, my family and friends journeyed to the Wolfeboro town docks. Upon seeing the line at Bailey's Bubble, I remembered your advocacy on behalf of Dockside, so we gave it a go as there was no line and B'sB was significant.
As someone above noted, ice cream is always good, but I reject your thesis that Dockside is #2 in the area. I respect you very much, but your taste in ice cream shops is suspect and very much in question.
Though the servers were exceptionally friendly and the prices reasonable, the sundaes were ill-constructed. I am unsure whether I would make the same decision in the future were the circumstances similar, but given equal lines, Bailey's Bubble is the clear winner.
I hope to someday resolve our differences and put all this past us.

My Very Best,

thinkxingu

* The above silliness comes courtesy of a quiet house, the result of the wife and kids sleeping in after a late night of boating, fireworks, and sub-par ice cream sundaes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Think,

As I have stated in a previous ice cream post, I am only into the ice cream itself. All those chemical sauces, jimmies, sprinkles or whatever we’re supposed to be calling them this week, I don’t care for and feel it detracts from the natural flavor of the ice cream. And with that said I stand by my selection in this post called “Best Ice Cream On The Lake” not sauces and fluff fluff....

Dan the ice cream man!
Hillcountry (07-05-2020), thinkxingu (07-05-2020), upthesaukee (07-05-2020)
Old 07-05-2020, 09:24 AM   #2
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,014 Times in 920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Think,

As I have stated in a previous ice cream post, I am only into the ice cream itself. All those chemical sauces, jimmies, sprinkles or whatever we’re supposed to be calling them this week, I don’t care for and feel it detracts from the natural flavor of the ice cream. And with that said I stand by my selection in this post called “Best Ice Cream On The Lake” not sauces and fluff fluff....

Dan the ice cream man!
Agree! IMHO all that sauce and sprinkles stuff is just a cover up for 2nd rate ice cream
Slickcraft is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (07-05-2020), thinkxingu (07-05-2020)
Old 07-05-2020, 09:27 AM   #3
TheTimeTraveler

I was at Bailey's Bubble on Friday, July 3rd, and was quite surprised to see Blueberry and Strawberry available as a soft serve flavor! So I tried it out and thought it was just fine. Never seen that flavor before as a soft serve.

Bailey's Bubble runs a soft serve "Flavor of the Day" and last year tried their Coffee flavor, and also their Black Raspberry flavor. Both were also excellent.

I think Coffee is my favorite soft serve flavor but I find it almost impossible to find as a soft serve, so I will always grab it anywhere if I ever see it.

Am curious to read about other unusual soft serve flavors, and where they are obtainable.
TheTimeTraveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 09:32 AM   #4
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Think,

Dan the ice cream man!
Dan
The same can be said for people that put ketchup on a thick, well marbled, sirloin strip!
However, that’s a subject for a different thread!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hillcountry For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (07-05-2020), thinkxingu (07-05-2020)