Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
Pineedles

Default Amazing Voyage

I qualify this story as not happening in the LR, but since both my yellow labs are part of "Dogs on Winnipesaukee" I think Don will let me keep it up, and hopefully others may add their own Winnipesaukee pet's amazing voyages.

About 3PM my cell phone rang as I was sitting in the waiting area of MIA for my flight back to Connecticut. It was my wife telling me that our 2 labs had gone through the invisible fence and had been missing for nearly an hour. Just a word to the wise here, leave their signal collars on; the fence doesn't do much good if the collars aren't on. She'd searched the typical places they usually go and still no dogs! Panic was starting to set in. Now what I was supposed to do nearly 1200 miles away in Miami wasn't clear to me, but I tried to reassure her that they were smart dogs and they would be home soon.

About an hour later she called to tell me the dogs were home but they didn't come home by themselves. It seems that the police had called my home and told my wife that the dogs were at the hospital, not the Vet hospital, the local people hospital about 1/2 mile away. It seems that Sam and Reilly decided that since I hadn't been home for the past 3 days they would go looking for me, at least this is what I told myself as they are very smart dogs; and if "Dad" was missing, then what better place to go then the hospital first. This pair walked the 1/2 mile crossing several main roads through the parking lot and right up to the double automatic main door of the hospital and proceeded right up to the front desk where they greeted the receptionists with their typical wagging tails and slobbery kisses.

The police were called who corralled the two with a baby gate behind the reception desk and lots of dog biscuits, to keep them occupied. My wife arrived to see this scene of many employees, patients, and 2 policemen all crowded around the makeshift "zoo" to see the attraction.

In the future, if they ever escape again, I certainly will know where to check first. The place that's warm, has lots of people, and lots of dog biscuits.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
DRH (03-02-2010), Resident 2B (03-01-2010), SteveA (03-07-2010)