Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
Kota

Default Tubing choices

We want to buy a two-person tube for our visit to the lake next month. Last year we had a one-person with a well for the kids to sit inside. This year we were considering an O'Brien 2-person screamer (deck type). Anyone have any advice or recommendations concerning brands to buy (or avoid) or deck vs. wells? My kids are 14, 10 and 7. The 7 is a very athletic boy who did fine last year (no fear). Adults will also use it. Thanks.
Kota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
Don

I recommend the HO Formula 2 tube. It is being sold for $199 by several sources. We've had one for 4 seasons and have never had a problem with it. As you can see from the video below (that's not us!) it is very hard to flip, even with extreme bouncing.

The seating cutouts are long and let you sit completely inside and hold the handles which makes it a very comfortable ride compared to other tubes.

Here is ours off of Bear Island:

Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
Alton Bay

I'd check out Sports 'n Marine Parafunalia in Gilford. They sell all sorts of tubes and no doubt know what's best for your family. The folks there are great!
Alton Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
Kota

Don & Alton Bay...thanks for the advice. The videos were especially helpful as was the Parafunalia tip.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #5
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default Chariot Express 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kota View Post
We want to buy a two-person tube for our visit to the lake next month. Last year we had a one-person with a well for the kids to sit inside. This year we were considering an O'Brien 2-person screamer (deck type). Anyone have any advice or recommendations concerning brands to buy (or avoid) or deck vs. wells? My kids are 14, 10 and 7. The 7 is a very athletic boy who did fine last year (no fear). Adults will also use it. Thanks.
I bought a "Chariot Express 2" at Sams Club last year for a song and it has worked out great. It was literally 1/3 the cost of anyplace else that was selling them. It's a very stable sit in or kneel in tube. Rarely tips over and trust me I have seriously tried!! It can hold up to three people though I believe you are only allowed two on NH lakes. Not sure if Sams still has these, but if so it has been great and I would recommend. I believe the "Chariot Warbird" is the predecessor which is very similar.

Have fun!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2009, 08:39 AM   #6
GTO

Default Obrien Screamer

Quote:

the Screamer for sure. Lots of fun. Comfortable flat surface. Good hand grips. Very durable. I've had mine for over 3 years now and its taken on some good waves in Winni
Old 06-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #7
Kota

GTO, Thanks for the screamer endorsement. That is my husband's choice but then I saw a video of it flying through the air and whipping around and got nervous. Last year we had a single person rental tube. Typical round with the well. My 6 year-old loved it. Obviously we went slow and didn't get him outside the wake. On board my brother-in-law was ready to jump in if he dumped which he never did. But it just seems like with the deck style he might end up in the lake waiting for us to loop back around.

Have you used the screamer with younger kids? If we go with it he would likely be out there with an adult. Did you find that different weights made for an unstable ride? Thanks!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:03 AM   #8
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default Welcome Try Mine

Quote:
Kota;

Should have mentioned in my previous post that you are welcome to try mine out when you come up. I have a place on Welch Island and am there every weekend. Your welcome to swing by and pick it up to try out if you wish.

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:58 AM   #9
Kota

Wow thanks ishoot. That is really generous.

Last edited by Kota; 06-12-2009 at 09:49 AM. Reason: removed separate question
Old 06-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
webmaster

Thanked 3,697 Times in 820 Posts

Kota, please start a new thread if you want info on Black Cat Island.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #11
bigRazor

You need one of these...

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/stunts/flying_tube
bigRazor is offline   Reply With Quote