Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
hancoveguy

Default Giuseppe's in Meredith

The family and I grabbed lunch at Giuseppe's italian pizzeria yesterday. I wish I could say it was enjoyable. Its located in the Mills Falls compound in Meredith and it looked and smelled very good. We ate outside with some nice views but overall it was mediocre at best.

The wife had a Chicken ceasar wrap that was painfully dry and tasted nothing like ceasar dressing. We both had the minestrone soup which wasnt minestrone soup at all. It was somewhat tasty but it lacked some of the veggies found in minestrone and had meat which minestrone doesn't have. The pizza was even blah, tasteless. The kids chicken fingers were hard as rocks and again, pretty tasteless.

I guess the kicker was the $60 ish price tag for; 1 individual cheese pizza, grilled chicken ceasar wrap, 2 bowls soup, 1 cup soup, kids chicken fingers and a few sodas.

Oh yeah, the service. The service was adequate. It seemed like the kids were all trying. Its not there fault the food tastes how it does.

Its a shame because the place had such potential too.

HCG
hancoveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
jrc

Wow, we go there a lot for lunch and always liked it. Either you hit them on a bad day or our standards are lower

I mean it's not fine dining but as a pizza, pasta and sub shop we always find it tasty.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
Pam

I agree with jrc. We either eat at or get take-out from Giuseppes all the time, and everything we order is always delicious. Of course, we tend to order the same selection of things, so we have not sampled the whole menu by any means. But in general, we're big Giuseppes' fans (and though we're not "foodies", we have fairly high standards overall).
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #4
Don

We had dinner twice at Giuseppi's last week. Everyone liked it so much the first time they all wanted to go back later in the week. The food, service, atmosphere and entertainment have always been enjoyable for us. My favorite dish is the Seafood Fra Diavolo which usually provides me with lunch the next day as well.

We do miss Geovanni .
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #5
KonaChick

You had to have hit them on an off day! We have been going to Giuseppi's for over 10 years now and have never had a bad meal or experience. I'm picky as far as restaurant service/food and tell it like it is when I post about restaurant experiences. Giuseppi's is one of our favorite places at the lake and whenever my family comes up (all 25 of them) my father can't wait to get there for his chicken parm. Try it again and this time if you are unhappy please tell management!! I bet you they will do everything they can to make it up to you.
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
hancoveguy

Default wow

Wow!! I had no idea. We really must have hit them on an off day. Its very possible. I trust the forum so we will give them another shot. Like i said, it really had potential so maybe we did just catch them on an off day.

However, I would like it if someone out there would try the grilled chicken ceasar wrap and see if I am off my rocker or not...

thanks again,
HCG
hancoveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #7
AKADQ

Default Can't Please Everyone

This is one of the few establishments that has been around in Meredith for a very long time and owner operated. Must be doing something right, cause we keep going back . Keep up the good work Julie !!
AKADQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
sa meredith

Default Love it

I love it there...in fact, going for dinner tonight. Always in the upstairs bar though...never the dining room. Service great every time. As for the food...stick to sandwiches, apps, and pizza. The guisseppis special is unreal. I've tried several of the dinner entree, hit or miss, for sure. Great great spot to grab a beer and watch the Sox.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #9
jrc

Funniest thing, my wife says lets take the boat over to Meredith and go to Giuseppe's. So we did.

It was only our second or third time for dinner. I had Chicken Marsala and she had chicken cacatorie. Both were great. She did say that the last time she got the cacatorie it was a little dry and this time was back to normal.

My wife has had the chicken ceasar roll-up before and liked it, but she always gets mayo on the side, so even if it was dry she would have just smeared some more mayo on it
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #10
kayleigh

Default What can I say about Guisseppes....

I have gotten delivery from them in the past, it comes about 35 minutes after I order it, and it is a little expensive.
I have eaten fra diavlo (sp) pasta there before and it was really good.
I like the live music while I eat my food.
I love the Big Cookies when I leave I buy one.
I love there 2.50 pbr big boy cans...
The personal pizza's are very good.
I like the new "club" type atmosphere they now have downstairs.
I don't like the outdated table cloths
I don't like the way the bar is set up. If there's no room at the bar there should be hightop tables to sit and enjoy the bar atmosphere, instead you have to stand or go sit in the dining room. I love there kereoke night. THey are about a 10 minute walk from me, and I usually go there once a week and get an appetizer and a beer. I have been there for dinner probably 10 times, and I think it is reasonably priced. Party of 4 with 2 pitcher's of beer, about $85
kayleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #11
Pineedles

Default Giuseppe's

Shared a pizza and a few brews with sa meredith late this afternoon here. Watched the Sox do nothing against Seattle. Games not over though, we'll see.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #12
secondcurve

I have always had good experiences here. The food is tasty and it seems reasonably priced for what you get.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #13
Pineedles

Sox pulled it off in the 10th. Yes!
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote