Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-22-2023, 01:53 PM   #1
steve-on-mark

Default Frontera Tacos and Tequila

I just had the best burrito I've eaten in many years... Frontera in Tilton is located by Lowes and opened up a few weeks ago. The food is fantastic, and judging by the amount of business they're doing, I'm not the only one who thinks so! It IS a little out of the way ( unless you work right across the street :-) ) but well worth the drive!
garysanfran (12-22-2023), Jilliebean28 (12-22-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 02:22 PM   #2
chachee52

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
I just had the best burrito I've eaten in many years... Frontera in Tilton is located by Lowes and opened up a few weeks ago. The food is fantastic, and judging by the amount of business they're doing, I'm not the only one who thinks so! It IS a little out of the way ( unless you work right across the street :-) ) but well worth the drive!
I have never been to the Nashua location because have always been told to stay away because it's not good. And I've never seen too many cars in that parking lot.
That being said, there are also about 10+ other Mexican places within 5 mile radius there too so it's hard to tell.
Will have to give this one a try. Chefs always make the difference!!!
chachee52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 03:46 PM   #3
Jilliebean28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
I have never been to the Nashua location because have always been told to stay away because it's not good. And I've never seen too many cars in that parking lot.
That being said, there are also about 10+ other Mexican places within 5 mile radius there too so it's hard to tell.
Give the one in Nashua a try....it is quite good in my opinion. We like it as well, if not better than some of the Mexican places close by. The food is always fresh tasting and the place is clean.
Jilliebean28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 09:30 AM   #4
chachee52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilliebean28 View Post
Give the one in Nashua a try....it is quite good in my opinion. We like it as well, if not better than some of the Mexican places close by. The food is always fresh tasting and the place is clean.
Seeing I just moved up here full time and won't be working in Merrimack anymore come the end of January, probably won't make it to the Nashua one. But you are the first person to give that place a thumbs up that I have heard, out of probably 30+ people.
But will give the Tilton one a try. It will be hard to move from El Jimmador though, my wife is very allergic to cilantro and most Mexican places have it in everything, El Jimmador only has it in 2-4 items which means she can eat almost all the menu instead of a "plain chicken quesadia" which usually is what happens.
Old 12-26-2023, 09:12 PM   #5
Bigstan

Quote:
Seeing I just moved up here full time and won't be working in Merrimack anymore come the end of January, probably won't make it to the Nashua one. But you are the first person to give that place a thumbs up that I have heard, out of probably 30+ people.
But will give the Tilton one a try. It will be hard to move from El Jimmador though, my wife is very allergic to cilantro and most Mexican places have it in everything, El Jimmador only has it in 2-4 items which means she can eat almost all the menu instead of a "plain chicken quesadia" which usually is what happens.
It is not even a close comparison to El Jimador. The El Jimador family branched out to Vida Weirs location some few years back, which folded and as I understand some of the family moved back down south of the border. El Jimador proper went downhill shortly after and IMO and never came back.

Vida took the Wieirs location and mastered super-hot plates and lukewarm food (ie: microwave cooking) in all but the peak summer months. Gross now - we stopped going a year ago after ~ 40 visits, now that high school age kids seem to be all that work there and noone seems to care.

Knock on wood but Frontera is legit so far, 3x trips to date, 2-3x entrees per trip and all are awesome. Limited apps, but that's ok for us. Gringo tacos and Wet Burritos are great. They have real bean options, it's nice to have options there.

It looks like a much higher volume location year-round then those previously mentioned, hopefully things stay as they are because as DOX shows, that end of the lakes seems to be up and coming.

Yum so far..
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2023, 07:43 PM   #6
chachee52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstan View Post
It is not even a close comparison to El Jimador. The El Jimador family branched out to Vida Weirs location some few years back, which folded and as I understand some of the family moved back down south of the border. El Jimador proper went downhill shortly after and IMO and never came back.

Vida took the Wieirs location and mastered super-hot plates and lukewarm food (ie: microwave cooking) in all but the peak summer months. Gross now - we stopped going a year ago after ~ 40 visits, now that high school age kids seem to be all that work there and noone seems to care.

Knock on wood but Frontera is legit so far, 3x trips to date, 2-3x entrees per trip and all are awesome. Limited apps, but that's ok for us. Gringo tacos and Wet Burritos are great. They have real bean options, it's nice to have options there.

It looks like a much higher volume location year-round then those previously mentioned, hopefully things stay as they are because as DOX shows, that end of the lakes seems to be up and coming.

Yum so far..
I'm not saying you are wrong. If you read my post, we go to El Jimador because most of the food doesn't have cilantro in it where most Mexican places its in EVERYTHING. So to find a place that my wife can come with me is always a plus.
I did not try the Frontera in Nashua because of all the bad reviews that I got from a lot of people. I will try the one up here because I do know that chef's make it.
Old 12-29-2023, 01:08 PM   #7
steve-on-mark

went back for round #2... 4 of us ordered, and all described the food as fantastic.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:24 AM   #8
Trail Goer

Quote:
The place in Nashua is a joke, I went there once last year with some buddies, the food was terrible, there were 6 of us and we all sent our food back and asked for the check. We tolerated the appetizers, but our patients wore thin with the entrees. I'll never go back; they won't get a 2nd try from me.
If you are ever in the Nashua area and want good Mexican food, go to Tequila's Mexican Grill in N. Chelmsford, MA it's a 10-minute drive from Nashua, their food is fantastic! That's where we usually meet up.
Trail Goer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trail Goer For This Useful Post:
newbie (01-05-2024)
Old 01-05-2024, 06:49 PM   #9
chachee52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Goer View Post
The place in Nashua is a joke, I went there once last year with some buddies, the food was terrible, there were 6 of us and we all sent our food back and asked for the check. We tolerated the appetizers, but our patients wore thin with the entrees. I'll never go back; they won't get a 2nd try from me.
If you are ever in the Nashua area and want good Mexican food, go to Tequila's Mexican Grill in N. Chelmsford, MA it's a 10-minute drive from Nashua, their food is fantastic! That's where we usually meet up.
Used to live 5 min from there. Agreed, great place. There is a better place, more authentic not the Burrito and Taco only place, down on Summer St in the center of Chelmsford. Forget the name. But all my friends from southern CA and Mexico go to that one.
And your review of the Nashua place is about what I've heard for 20+ people. Right on the corner of Continental and 101A is another really good Mexican place. There are just so many that I never remember names, just locations.