Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2023, 07:06 AM   #1
Downeast

Default Garmin "Navionics" LakeVu problem for Lake Winnipesaukee

Lake Winnipesaukee boaters, please be aware Garmin LakeVu charts, a Navionics cartography chapter, formerly known as "inland lakes and rivers" or "Lakes Detail" etc, has released an update sometime in the summer of 2022.

Photos below show general nav markers are NOT as they once appeared in the previous versions.

Please submit a chart error report with Garmin here:

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/nav...v7xfWdLi58LR9/

Only if more users bring this to their attention, will itl expedite a chart update.

LakeVu, by Navionics, now owned by Garmin, is NOT the same as the free "Navionics" app on your phone. Please be aware this is no fault to your service provider, but is an issue with the cartography itself.

If you have a previous version of LakeVu, DO NOT UPDATE via active captain as I am not certain you will be allow to back rev.

Until there is a fix, there are no good charts available for use with Garmin that have auto route guidance.

Raymarine Lighthouse charts do not cover the lake nearly as well as LakeVu did. Bizer will not work with new model Garmin displays. Furthermore, Bizer is owned by C-MAP.

Cue the Jeopardy music while we wait.. or file a report with detailed screen shots and we might see an update faster.

Currently, only channel markers and lighted bouys are displayed correctly on the latest LakeVu, of which, is v23.xx however traditional spar makers are depicted without color and without proper information under 'info'. Traditional spar markers are identified as "beacons"

Firmware and chart updates do not fix the issue nor is there a setting on the display. it is within the recent versions of Navionics LakeVu discovered late summer 2022.
Attached Images

Last edited by Downeast; 04-30-2023 at 08:06 PM. Reason: title change
Downeast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Downeast For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (04-29-2023), Descant (04-29-2023), Newbiesaukee (04-29-2023), Rich (05-09-2023), TiltonBB (04-29-2023)
Old 04-30-2023, 09:37 AM   #2
Downeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downeast View Post
Lake boaters, please be aware Garmin LakeVu charts, a Navionics cartography chapter formerly known as inland lakes and rivers or Lake Detail etc, has released a new update sometime in the summer of 2022.

Photos below show general nav markers are NOT as they once appeared in the previous versions.

Please fill out and submit a chart error report with Garmin here:

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/nav...v7xfWdLi58LR9/

Only if more users bring this to their attention, it will expedite a chart update.

LakeVu, by Navionics, now owned by Garmin is NOT the same as the free "Navionics" app on your phone. Please be aware this is no fault to your service provider but is an issue with the cartography itself.

If you have a previous version of LakeVu, DO NOT UPDATE via active captain as I am not certain you will be allow to back rev.

Until there is a fix, there are no good charts available for use with Garmin that have auto route guidance.

Raymarine Lighthouse charts do not cover the lake nearly as well as LakeVu. Bizer will not work with new model Garmin displays. Furthermore, Bizer is owned by C-MAP.

Cue the Jeopardy music while we wait.. or file a report with detailed screen shots and we might see an update faster.

Currently only channel markers and lighted bouys are displayed correctly on the latest LakeVu of which is v23.xx however traditional spar makers are depicted without color and proper information under 'info'.

Firmware and chart updates do not fix the issue nor is there a setting on the display. it is within the recent versions of Navionics LakeVu discovered late summer 2022.
**Send in your CER to Garmin, otherwise the giant that has taken over Navioncs will continue to move like molasses (been on this since fall 2022) before a chart fix is released otherwise you may find yourself with a sub-par new GPS install expecting the markers to look like your paper chart etc for the entire '23 boating season. **
Downeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 10:28 AM   #3
Rich

I just posted a lengthy reply with details to this version of your thread:
https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...d.php?p=383097

I didn't want to duplicate it here, but saw the other thread first!

Everyone that uses a Garmin device, please report this to Garmin and/or Navionics and use the reference code CER-2015 so that the many problem reports can be referenced together.

Downeast, I suggest you add your code also, or also add the CER-2015 to your problem report.

See this thread for technical details:
Old 03-16-2024, 06:20 AM   #4
Rich

See the other thread for details here:

But to summarize the latest update from Garmin which I just received yesterday:

Garmin just released an update to the G3 chart which resolves the missing red-top and black-top marker problem.

The new updated g3 map download is version:

"US LakeVu g3 Detail Map v25.0 v2024.0"