Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2021, 06:18 PM   #1
Loub52

Default Controlling sub-forums that show up in your “New Posts” search

After muddling around a while with various avenues to control what I see using the forums “New Posts” button, I’ve found the following:

First, the bad news…

1. I believe there’s not an existing forum feature to control which sub-forums show up in your search
2. There’s probably not an easy way for the site admin to offer this sort of functionality aside from either building a custom plugin or buying an existing one and configuring it for use with the winni forum

Now, for some good news, (which allot of forum members may already be are aware of)…

If you are using a mobile device to access the forum (I don’t have a personal computer so I haven’t tried the same with it), is to download the free Tapatalk app from your devices App Store. Once downloaded:

1. Search for “winni” and the Winnipesaukee Forum” will show as an option.
2. Login with your user credentials
3. Use the Tapatalk subscribe option to subscribe to all threads except for those you don’t wish to be notified of. If you choose to select your subscribed forums, you’ll only be aware of new posts to those sub-forums you subscribe to by way of seeing a blue bar on the left side of your screen associated with the sub-forum with the new post.

I’m just learning the features of Tapatalk, so just a rookie, but it’s been very helpful to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Loub52 For This Useful Post:
ITD (12-03-2021)