Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
Greene's Basin Girl

Default NH Lottery Replay

Have any of you tried to enter your non winning tickets recently on NH Lottery Replay? I haven't been able to enter any in their system since the end of last week.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
Greene's Basin Girl

I emailed Laura McCann from the NH Lottery. She said they are working on the website and it should be up and running shortly.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
beaner

Question Any actual NH Lottery Replay winners?

I've been entering my losing tickets in Replay for several years, but never won a thing. Not even one of the monthly prizes, which are often fairly lame. The question I have is this:

Have any of you ever won anything in NH Lottery Replay, and if so, how many points did you enter to win?
beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
JPC

Talking Any actual NH Lottery Replay winners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaner View Post
Have any of you ever won anything in NH Lottery Replay,... ?
I have won a free cup of coffee at DD. Otherwise nada!
JPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:03 AM   #5
Greene's Basin Girl

I have never won anything. They always name the winner's on their site. Thus someone must be winning.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
nicole

I have won the instant thing a few times-won a few dollar scratch-offs-which I did not win on and also some bonus replay points. Once a few years back I won $5 to Tbones-on the instant screen-popped up after I enterd some tickets. I have never won the monthly prizes they offer though.
nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #7
nhreplay

Wanted to create an account so I could answer the questions about the nhreplay.

I started using the nhreply when it went live and used it up until this month when I decided to give up on it. Once in a while I’d look for a nhreply forum for general discussions, but one was never created for some reason. Since it was my last month of using nhreply, I decided to see if one had been created, but as expected there was little internet talk about nhreply, except for the extreme cases of winning(will get to this part later.)

From when nhreplay started until around mid 2012 I constantly added losing ticket to my account amassing about reply 140,000 points. I stopped adding the tickets sometime after they required you to add the full length of digits on the tickets, it was much easier/quicker to add the tickets before they made that change. I found it too time consuming with little to no return on the time spent adding them.(I spent $25 week playing Megabucks and Powerball both times per week with occasional scratch tickets) I added the tickets when they had the bonus points specials for each lottery. I also collected non-winning tickets from relatives to add more points.

During the time I amassed that 140,000 points, I won “instant” prizes about 25 times. Those prizes were the standard cup of mcdonalds coffee or a free sandwich/small pizza at a restaurant that was too far away from the city, so I opted for the replay points each time an instant prize appeared. I did not play the ultimate prize drawings until this past month.

For the years I did add losing tickets I played the monthly prizes every single month from when nhreplay started up until this April. At first I was using about 500 replay points a month on the usual popular prizes like the gas card and restaurant gift certificates, say 100 points on each one. While I did not expect to win anytime soon, I kept telling myself at some point I’d win one of the monthly prizes, but that never happened.

At the end of 2013 I had a little over 100,000 replay points left in the account and was regularly telling myself one of these days I just go all in(spend all the points in one month) and see if I could win 1 or more of the prizes. Fast forward to early 2014 and I decided in Feb to use a large chunk of the points and not go all in to see if I could win one of the prizes. So for the month of Feb-March prizes I spent around 38,000 points on about 10 of the monthly prizes, about 3-4k each prize.

The early March prize drawing passed and no luck on winning a prize.

So I had about 63,000 replay points left and decided to use all of them up and be done with nhreplay after all these years of playing. I put a few thousand points in the ultimate prize and the rest, about 60,000 was put into the March-April monthly prizes. I added 5,000-10,000 points to each of the popular prizes(around 8 of them), I said to myself I know the odds don’t improve, but with this many chances how could I not win one of them since I found it hard to believe that many people spend that many points in one month.

Well Aprils drawing came and went and not one winner, bummer.

Now that is down, I wanted to take a moment as go back to the “instant” prizes that are supposedly random, just like the replay month prizes are supposed to be randomly chosen by software on a computer.(Side note-Random is only as good as the software that’s written to do it which we will get into below)

Doing a search on google for NH replay you’ll come across some articles about a man who has won more than 1,500 random “instant” prizes in just 3 years of playing/entering tickets for NH replay(2006-2009). Once you read this articles you’ll start to question the randomness of NHreplays software they use. To summarize this one player has won 4 times the number of “instant” prizes than the net closest player o have entered tickets. This player won on average about 50 random instant prizes per month entering tickets. I never counted how many tickets I added to the replay account, but it takes a lot of tickets to accumulate 140 thousand points and I won about 25 random “instant” entering all those tickets. This one man may have entered tickets nonstop during those 3 years, is one very lucky man or the randomness of NHreplays software is not so random. Even if this one player enter 100 losing tickets a week for 3 years, he was still winning an instant prize every 8 tickets entered on average. This is one of this things that makes you go Hmmm when it comes to the “randomness” of nh replays software.

If you are still playing, I wish you luck.
nhreplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:20 PM   #8
wifi

Default Its simple

Some people win, most people lose ...
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #9
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi View Post
Some people win, most people lose ...
Yup. It's like a tax on people bad at math.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:14 PM   #10
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Lottrey Marketing

Thanks to NHReplay for letting me know that my time not doing the instant replay was time well spent. I tried it several years ago and won a cup of coffee from a vendor (not DD) whose coffee wasn't very good at the time, so I stopped trying. I did win $20 in the Maine lottery when it was new. So did several friends. We all liked it, and played it, but then we moved to NH. I play less and less every year, but I'm convinced that if I heard about more people winning small amounts ($20-$1000) I, and others, would buy more tickets. That's what keeps people playing slot machines: lots of noise/publicity and lots of small prizes.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:15 AM   #11
dragonfly03246

We have been playing replay since the beginning and have won some great monthly and instant prizes. The first was a guided snowmobile tour through the Notch from Alpine Adventures in Lincoln. The last was a guided 4-wheeling tour through Jericho Park in Berlin.

Both were amazing times which will last with us forever. We've also won a few day trips around the state and such along with the regular McDonalds prizes.

Personally, we think it's a great idea to be able to use the losing tickets for something to make people feel they have a chance (albeit a small one) at winning a nice prize.
dragonfly03246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:59 AM   #12
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

I won a free coffee at Starbucks. Great if I drank coffee.....
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #13
patman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhreplay View Post
I wanted to take a moment as go back to the “instant” prizes that are supposedly random, just like the replay month prizes are supposed to be randomly chosen by software on a computer.(Side note-Random is only as good as the software that’s written to do it which we will get into below)
I'm not sure specifically how the replay instant prizes are set up, but...for other online instant contest things, there are some tricks to it. Many of the 'random' instant prize items are just given out on a time interval. Think of it as a box that you are unlocking. You play...you get what's in the box at that moment. A prize is added to the box at some random interval, and the next person who opens the box gets the prize.

Let's say you have 12 prizes to give away for the day. The computer will put a prize in the box every 2 hours...give or take some random time adjustment.

If you play at noon...you're competing with thousands of other people, and the likelihood of you getting in at just the right moment is pretty low. Someone is checking every few seconds. Try that again at 4am, and there is much less competition, so your chances go up because that prize box may not have been opened in a very long time.
patman is offline   Reply With Quote