Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
livenh

Default Use Pet Sense

We all love our pets but I have noticed that when the summer people leave there are always a number of cats running loose, particularly in the Weirs Blvd, Lakeside Ave area which leads me to believe that people are either bringing a cat along or getting one while they are here, and then leaving it. They think someone will feed it or take it in. With the Humane Society overflowing with pets even if someone takes it there, odds aren't with it. SO PLEASE don't get a "summer" pet and then leave it to fend for itself. I have seen this happen again and again.
livenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Question May Not be on Purpose

Some of these animals might not be left behind on purpose.

When I was a kid we spent the month of August on Contoocook Lake. Our cat always came along without incident. One year however he just didn't come back. We searched and searched for the little devil, (his name was Satan ) making several trips back to look for him over the following months without luck. We just figured he was taken by something. The very next year we arrived at camp, guess who was waiting for us? We have no idea if someone was caring him for all that time. He was an amazing hunter.

The summers I spent on Contoocook Lake and the time R-Guy spent on Ossipee Lake gave us the pull to get back to a lake. I’m so glad we ended up here.

I agree with livenh and hope that the seasonal people would not leave their pets behind. It is too great a burden to our shelters.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote