Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2008, 06:27 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default another Route 104-fatal accident

Something about that road has drivers just drifting across the center lines. A number of fatal accidents have occurred with daylight & dry pavement. Between exit 23 and rt 3, the speed limit on Route 104 runs 35-45-55-45mph.

Today's newspapers have the very unhappy report of yesterday's fatal accident on Rt 104 in Meredith.

Driv'n that road a lot, I pay double attention to the oncoming vehicles. Could be a rumble-strip version of the center white lines would be effective?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
Weirs guy

Once again I believe less has jumped to a conclusion as I have seen no reports that this accident was caused by one driver drifting over the center line. But maybe you know something I don't?

Thats 3 fatal accidents in NH in the last few days, following 3 fatal fires a few weeks ago. I wonder whats next.

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
lakershaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirs guy View Post
Once again I believe less has jumped to a conclusion as I have seen no reports that this accident was caused by one driver drifting over the center line. But maybe you know something I don't?

Thats 3 fatal accidents in NH in the last few days, following 3 fatal fires a few weeks ago. I wonder whats next.
While I have heard Less jump to a conclusion before, in this case it seems pretty obvious. It is hard to have a high speed head-on collision without one of the cars crossing the centerline...

Regardless, these accidents are a terrible shame, and my condolences go out to all the families and friends of those involved.
lakershaker is offline   Reply With Quote