Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2005, 12:17 PM   #1
KBoater

Unhappy FL to NH

I recently did a round trip from Florida to Wolfeboro. First trip was 13 hours and second trip was 30 hours. The usual time is 6 -7 hours. I went through Atlanta on Delta. Never again.
The total stories of each trip is 2 pages each so the short version is bad equipment, bad reschedule, hotel in Atlanta at my cost, Atlanta confusion and a rental car drive across Florida. 1st trip cancelled flight rerouted through NY in the middle of the strike.
I actually met a family that had 3 children who had been in the Atlanta airport for 2 ½ days after holding confirmed tickets but were bumped. They missed a sisters wedding. Ft. Myers is over sold for weeks by Delta. All airports in the southern part of Florida are booked. I know Southwest has started a new service from Manchester and Jet Blue has no-stops from Boston. US Air has flights.
I hope some of you can enjoy some of the winter warm of Florida and don’t have a problem traveling.
I still love Wolfeboro and the family at Christmas.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:48 PM   #2
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default US Airways

I travel to Ft Lauderdale every year, for my annual cruise to Key West. I never had a problem with USAirways from Manchester, NH. Maybe because I avoid the weekends and travel midweek. Sometimes non-stop is cheaper. But most of the time, there is a stop at Charlotte or Philly.
I heard similar complaints with people that fly Delta. Big delays in Atlanta.
I will be flying Delta for the first time to Denver in Jan. I hope I don't experience any problems.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
SIKSUKR

I won't be flying Delta again myself.Had problems the last two times.Southwest has non-stop flights to Florida from Manchester everyday.3 1/2 to 4 hours and your there!Only way to go!
Old 01-03-2006, 10:45 AM   #4
jrc

Default Winter flying

Don't forget, if your connecting flight is delayed or cancelled because of weather, the airline doesn't have to pay for your room. So in the winter, I try to use direct flights, at least if you get stranded it's at home or your destination. I've spent more nights than I can remember in Covington or Atlanta because of airline snafu's or bad weather.

If you have time to spare, travel by air.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:24 AM   #5
SPANKY

Talking

just thought i would mention we have flown the new allegiant air out of portsmouth to fla., never a problem, and all flights are direct. did i mention FREE PARKING too!!!
SPANKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2006, 05:33 PM   #6
KBoater

Default Where In FL

Mamy of the flights from MANCHESTER that are direct go to Orlando, Tampa, Ft. L. etc. My closest airport is SWR in Ft. Myers (15 minute) Lots of non-stop from Boston by only 1 I know of is Southwest 1 stop same plane. If you Know or hear of any, please post.