Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2016, 04:24 PM   #1
Beauport

Default Collett Communicators

I have two sleds, both of which will be ridden by both a driver and a passenger. I have been planning to buy Collett Communicators but cannot reach Collett to ask questions (the phone recording always says they are closed and they have not responded to email). It concerns me to spend about $300 each on communicators knowing the company is unreachable. Anyone know how to get in touch with them, or if they are really still operating?

Second question is whether passengers need the full unit. The website says the units need to be 6 feet apart, so I'm wondering if would even work for driver - passenger communication. They also describe an 'intercom' product on the website but it appears to only be used in Bombardier helmets. Can anyone give me guidance on this?

Much appreciated. Waiting for snow!
Beauport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 05:36 PM   #2
nhcatrider

We use the Scala cardorider system and it works great. Only downfall is you can only have 2 units connected at any one time. Voice activated, range is decent and they connect to bluetooth devices so you can stream music while you ride if you want.
nhcatrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:49 PM   #3
Rich

I have the UCLEAR system. It works great for rider to passenger. It's supposed to work with other sledside too, but I don't know how well that works, probably ok when together on a trail, but not at great distances.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:04 PM   #4
jetskier

Post Sena

I have a couple of helmets equipped with the 10S. I used them riding up in Canada last winter...voice activated, good noise filtering, decent range. I bought the 20S this fall for a couple of additional helmets. This version has an Android/IOS app for setup/control. It can link with GPS, cellphone and audio.

They just came out with the 30S which has adaptive mesh capabilities.

Jetskier

http://www.sena.com/product-category...communication/
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:54 AM   #5
Beauport

Default Bought Uclear

Thanks for the replies. I ended up buying Uclear and will post how they work between sleds once I try them out. Not sure what happened to Collett, but I assume they are out of business for good since apparently this happened once before.
Beauport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links