Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
Diver1111

Thanked 1,027 Times in 224 Posts
Default urgent-Snowmobile needed for charitable purposes

Hi All,

While I am not a snowmobiler (I have enough money in scuba gear, side scan sonar equipment and a boat) I am a volunteer at the Loki Clan Wolf Refuge in Chatham NH about 10 miles north of Conway.

We run a lean lean operation due to lack of funding that most every 501c3 charity has. I have been involved since December 2012 with them and this place is amazing. We rescue wolves and wolf/dog hybrids from either getting shot or put down. Cross breeding is a very bad idea for many reasons and if they don't get placed in a refuge they are history. We've rescued these animals from drug dealers for example.

The refuge is on about 80 acres and we have to supply food and water daily to the wolves and wolf dogs among other needs we take care of such as vet care. Our vet donates her time as we all do. Nobody is on any payroll. To continue to do what we need to do we need an ATV in the summer and a snowmobile in the winter to access the perimeter of all the fencing; You can see a Google Earth shot of the refuge I have attached. That's alot of fencing.

Our resident grounds manager Dan Hazlett emailed all Board members and close volunteers today about very serious issues he is having with both the snowmobile and the ATV. In a word they are pretty much shot. People who have looked at them and know what they are doing have said neither is worth repairing.

We are crippled without these two machines and are scrambling to see how we can remedy the problem. Cash is very tight obviously.

Is there someone out there on the Winni Forum who a) has either a snowmobile or b) an ATV they could donate or sell for "short" money or c) can make a cash donation?

While we have a list of needs these two machines just went to the top of the list literally.

If you'd like an introduction to the Loki Clan Wolf Refuge please follow these links.

One is a Public Service Announcement/PSA donated by Fox23 TV in Maine (our land crosses into Maine):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2uh3...ature=youtu.be

The second a TV interview with Marianne Finney and Dan Hazlett on Fox23 TV's Good Day Maine series:
http://www.myfoxmaine.com/story/2008...an-wolf-refuge

The third is a Your Hometown segment again by the great folks at Fox23:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G58EIXjj3J8

I have personally donated more than $3,000 since Dec. 2012. If anyone would like a personal tour of the refuge contact me and I will arrange it if you'd like to contribute in some way but see the refuge first.

Questions can be directed to me personally via email:
hhug@apache1.net or,

Phone:
603-778-8939 (day or night)

Our website is www.lokiclan.org.

Cash donations can be made via the website or by mail if you prefer:
Loki Clan Wolf Refuge
PO Box 2094
Conway NH 03818

Normally I wouldn't post such a request on the Winni Forum but we really need help and I know there are alot of avid snowmobilers and ATV riders in the Lakes Region.

If you have a machine we need to see let me know and we'll come out promptly and look it over. All donations be it cash or equipment are of course tax-deductible.

Thank you all for any help you can render,

Diver1111
Attached Images

Diver1111 is offline   Reply With Quote