Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts
Default Anyone lose a cat?

Well the story goes...I noticed this cat hanging around the Windrifter Resort the last couple of days. It kept following me around. It is very skinny, and almost too friendly. Well rather than find it dead in the middle of RT28 I decided to take it home and feed it. I couldn't stand seeing it in the dumpster looking for food like it was.
So anyway if you know of anyone that has lost the most friendly cat in the world, let me know. It is at my house, and sleeping on my bed right now.
It is litter box trained. It did drink quite a bit of water when I got it home. It is a beautiful cat with really nice markings and a very bushy tail. It simply cannot get petted enough.
Oh and it is a female...
So I think someone around the South Main street area of Wolfeboro maybe. Or some Summer peoples lost pet?

I am gonna print out some flyers and put them on a few phone poles. Other than that it is going to the Ossippee shelter...

I like cats, but I am not a cat person. I prefer my dogs....

My phone number is 603-556-0764.

Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
Argie's Wife (10-12-2010), Lucky1 (10-14-2010), Pepper (10-13-2010), Ropetow (10-13-2010)
Old 10-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
20mile

Wink you have a friend for life

I have had cats all my life. Sometimes people get a cat and then don't take care of it. The cat will leave and find someone who will care for it. This has happened a few times to me. Cats seem to know who are good cat people.
20mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #3
Argie's Wife

I didn't lose a cat but it warms my heart to see you trying to get that pretty kitty back to her home. THANK YOU!
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
ILoveWinnipesaukee

Default I wish I lived closer

I love calico cats, this one is beautiful. I wish I lived closer, I would run right up and grab her. Unfortunately I live in Massachusetts, a long ride for the poor kitty. I hope you find her owners, if not, I hope she goes to a no-kill shelter.
ILoveWinnipesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

She is so beautiful! I hope you find a nice home for her.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #6
Jmo77011

Default Columbus Day Kitty

We just ended up with a new addition over the holiday weekend, too. I think that some people adopt a pet for the summer, and then when it's time to go back home, they just abandon it. I grew up just down the road from the Humane Society in Laconia, and we would always find animals wandering after Columbus Day. It's so sad...but thanks for trying to find it a good home! We're keeping ours...too hard to convince the kids otherwise!
Jmo77011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
Argie's Wife

Quote:
I love calico cats, this one is beautiful. I wish I lived closer, I would run right up and grab her. Unfortunately I live in Massachusetts, a long ride for the poor kitty. I hope you find her owners, if not, I hope she goes to a no-kill shelter.
I would be willing to transport if (1) her owners aren't found and (2) you're serious... that's not a long ride for a cat, really. Place her in a pet carrier and she'd be fine.

I've driven cross-country with a cat but he rode lose in the car; I don't recommend that - but that cat was special and sorta dog-like. He liked to ride. I got some strange looks when I went thru toll booths.... not as bad as some friends of mine who've had sheep in their station wagon and alpacas in a minivan....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Argie's Wife For This Useful Post:
Pepper (10-13-2010), Rattlesnake Gal (10-14-2010)
Old 10-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #8
Pepper

Lakesrider, you have restored my faith in humanity! Thank you for taking the time to try and find this lovely little kitty's family for her. If I hadn't recently adopted a brother and sister feline pair, I'd relieve you of that sweet little furball in a heartbeat.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #9
Lakesrider

I took her outside today to see what she would do. we walked all around the house and yard and she stayed right with me meowing the whole time.
That is until we were on the deck and she saw a fox in the woods. She looked like she was about to jump through the balusters, but I grabbed her up and held her. We walked up the street a bit and then back home. There on the deck were two foxes. she charged down the stairs and right after the two. One went under my deck and she went right under after it. I was thinking OH MY GOD! She is gonna get killed right there under my deck....But out she came again. The fox must have gone down into the skunk burrow that is down under there. So it appears she may just be a Ninja cat....
Old 10-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #10
Argie's Wife

That's called "catattitude" - and calicos are known for it. They're also known to be great hunters and are very smart but stubborn! My favorite type of cat is a plain ol' brown tabby - they're not too bright but very lovable and loyal. Tabbies usually pick out one family member as their own.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:57 AM   #11
ILoveWinnipesaukee

Default I am serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
I would be willing to transport if (1) her owners aren't found and (2) you're serious... that's not a long ride for a cat, really. Place her in a pet carrier and she'd be fine.

I've driven cross-country with a cat but he rode lose in the car; I don't recommend that - but that cat was special and sorta dog-like. He liked to ride. I got some strange looks when I went thru toll booths.... not as bad as some friends of mine who've had sheep in their station wagon and alpacas in a minivan....
I would love to have her, wondering if she gets along with other cats? I see she is not afraid of foxes, wonder about a lazy dog and a few cats. If she is not claimed, send me a private message and I will seriously discuss this.
ILoveWinnipesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:18 AM   #12
Argie's Wife

Lakesrider - please keep us posted on you progress of finding her owner or if you should decide to keep her. It sounds like she might be growing on you a bit. Argie can tell you that he wasn't a cat person until he met my tabby-cat; Emmitt was one of those once-in-lifetime pets. A feline soul-mate.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:35 AM   #13
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Thumbs up You're a Good Man Lakesrider!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveWinnipesaukee View Post
If she is not claimed, send me a private message and I will seriously discuss this.
Nice! You're not all that far away compared to many other members. Besides, any excuse for a trip to the lake is great!

I hope her owners can be found. She sounds like a real peach.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #14
jr616

Talking

I pray that if my babes ever wander from home they find a nice person like you to care for them. Sounds like you are neither a dog person or cat person by an animal person! Thanks for what you are doing.
jr616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #15
SIKSUKR

The owner has been located with Lakesiders signs that were posted.
Heres the link.http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ad.php?t=11022
Old 10-14-2010, 07:57 PM   #16
Lakesrider

Yes, she has been reunited. Thank you for the kind words and offers. More than likely after all is said and done we would have kept her. She certainly was a lovely cat. The owners met us at the Pine Cone and the cat went right to the owner the second she saw her. So all is good in pet land tonight. Maybe I can get some sleep tonight.....
Once again thanks for caring. Nice to see people of equal interest in its well being. I guess I can take down the posters now.
I did keep the owners boyfriend phone number saved in my phone under "Cat" just in case she gets out again....
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
ILoveWinnipesaukee (10-15-2010)