Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts
Default Dazer for aggresive dogs

Seen them advertized and wonder if anyone has tried them.Emits a ultrasonic sound that supposedly stops dogs from attacking.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
Argie's Wife

Never heard of it but here's a review I found that might be of interest to you; HERE....

One problem I have with this - and if you read the review you'll see what I'm talking about here - is that the writer used the device on a dog who was on it's owner property while the writer was 'trespassing' - if I'm understanding his review properly. That's just wrong. If someone did that to my dog they'd better have a Dazer that works in my frequency. I would have been sympathetic if the guy had been 'attacked' but geeze... nasty thing to do to a dog on its own property!

If you've got a problem with dogs being untied, running loose, etc. while you're out walking, running, biking, etc., then certainly defend yourself but in the meantime call the town's animal control or police and make a complaint about the issue - that's really the bigger problem is the owners aren't doing their job.

This isn't directed at you - don't take offense to this - it's directed at the well-meaning but ignorant owners - it never ceases to amaze me that people will adopt dogs and then not follow the laws and use basic common sense to keep their pets healthy, safe and from being a nuisance.

Good luck - stay safe.

Last edited by Argie's Wife; 06-13-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #3
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

They advertise the "Dazer" as being totally harmless,just sends out a frequency that is puzzling and gets the dogs attentionThey are also used for training.I was only wondering if they work because there are a couple of good sized dogs on a road that we walk that approach in an aggresive manner......so far,avoiding eye contact and ignoring them has worked but my wife walks alone some days and it might be good to be prepared.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #4
Argie's Wife

It may be safe but... I know of better methods of training than that and doubt it would stop a truly aggressive dog... I can think of one in my neighborhood - a huge boxer - that I'm very thankful is fenced in!
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
They advertise the "Dazer" as being totally harmless,just sends out a frequency that is puzzling and gets the dogs attentionThey are also used for training.I was only wondering if they work because there are a couple of good sized dogs on a road that we walk that approach in an aggresive manner......so far,avoiding eye contact and ignoring them has worked but my wife walks alone some days and it might be good to be prepared.
Do the dogs come out of the yard at you? If so call the town and complain. I agree with AW, if someone did it to my dog while in his own yard someone would be pulling me off the person.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links