Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
Mink Islander

Default Near Death Experience Last Night

Well, I'll never know who the idiot was in the gate-bed truck on I-93 last night near exit 36 at 9:30 who left a hefty black rubber "chock a block" flopping around in his open bed. He was towing a small trailer with some scaffolding or ladders in it. That's all I remember. If that sounds familiar, I'd love to hear from you (and so would the state police).

Out of nowhere in the dark at 9:30 last night, that 4.6 Kilo (yes the emergency room at Mass General weighed it) came crashing through the passenger side of my minivan striking my wife, knocking her unconscious and spewing shards of glass in every direction. By some miracle, my side of the windshield stayed intact and I was able to pull over off the road and tend to my wife's injuries while my son dialed 911. Miraculously, after 6 hours in the emergency room and lots of x-rays and CAT scans, she's okay with only bad bruises and scrapes on her chin and shoulder. Had that block come through the windshield only a few inches further to the left, I think she would have been killed. If it had struck me, my whole family might have died.

You truck drivers: Next time you just toss something loose in the bed, think about what damage it could do if it were to become a projectile on the highway. Someone didn't and nearly killed my wife.
Mink Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mink Islander For This Useful Post:
Lucky1 (07-20-2010), secondcurve (07-27-2010)