Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default Can You Believe This Weather!

I definitely put the boat away too soon this year!! I can't believe the great weekend weather we have had and are having again this weekend!! You can bet I won't make this mistake next year!! Someone please remind me next year!!

Have a great weekend!!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
SIKSUKR

Thumbs down A skiers perspective

I guess its in the eye of the beholder my friend.I'm the guy on the other side that think this weather is anything but great.Pretty horrible financially for all the ski areas that are normally open for the season by Thanksgiving.My mt did open for 3 days but is now closed till sometime(hopefully) next week.Maybe I need to trade the skihouse for a lakehouse.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
welchislandman

Dan, I was thinking the same thing today. Time to buy a small outboard on a trailer that I can shoot up to the lake when its warm. I always seem to get caught at the last minute winterizing the boat before its too late.
welchislandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
ishoot308

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
I guess its in the eye of the beholder my friend.I'm the guy on the other side that think this weather is anything but great.Pretty horrible financially for all the ski areas that are normally open for the season by Thanksgiving.My mt did open for 3 days but is now closed till sometime(hopefully) next week.Maybe I need to trade the skihouse for a lakehouse.
I am a winter enthusiast as well trust me! I put the boat away hoping for some early snow and ice! This season of "limbo" between boating and ice fishing / snowmobiling really stinks!! At least if my boat was still in the water I could be enjoying the lake these last few weekends!
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
SIKSUKR (12-06-2011)
Old 12-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
MarkinNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I definitely put the boat away too soon this year!! I can't believe the great weekend weather we have had and are having again this weekend!! You can bet I won't make this mistake next year!! Someone please remind me next year!!

Have a great weekend!!

Dan
Next year we may not be so fortunate with the mild weather.
MarkinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Believe me I feel the hurt... I realize I could have gone to the lake for a few more weekends... Oh well, the problem is you never know. I do hope one of these years to find a be able to afford a nice small center console or such with an outboard that I can keep available to use until things really get miserable.

Unfortunately I don't want to chance anything with my I/O so the boat goes to bed early.....
Old 12-03-2011, 06:41 AM   #7
Belmont Resident

Default boating/skiing

Ok so it’s above normal temps. But how could you, unless you’re a fisherman, enjoy being on a boat on the lake when it’s in the 40’s and 50’s?
I’m very happy with the unseasonable temps because it has allowed many of us to continue working on outside projects. But even so we are dressed for it and could not imagine being out on a boat in winter clothing.
There have been many years in the past where skiing hasn’t happened before this time and almost never are we riding snowmobiles before New Years Eve for more than just a day or so after a storm and then it melts down.
Last year there was great riding before the big rain storm on New Years weekend came and washed it all away, then we had to wait until well into January, almost the end, before there was decent snow for the trails to be groomed again.

But they are saying that the last time it was this warm in November we did have a very mild winter with little total snow accumulations.
Time will tell.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
ishoot308

Default No Problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
Ok so it’s above normal temps. But how could you, unless you’re a fisherman, enjoy being on a boat on the lake when it’s in the 40’s and 50’s?
Hmmm...let me think about this for a minute... Since my boat has an enclosure maybe I would take a long slow ride on the lake with no traffic like it was my own private paradise. Possibly take my wife for a nice lunch over in Wolfeboro without having to worry about dock space or waiting for a table.

After lunch, ride back to camp and maybe mix myself a nice Absolute Bloody Mary complete with a long stalk of celery hanging out of the glass for munching on while taking in the always warm sunshine on the deck.

For dinner, steaks on the grill, medium rare of course, with a fine glass of red wine. After dinner I would get a fire going in the outdoor fireplace to take the chill out of the cool night air and enjoy all the peacefulness and serenity Winni has to offer all while gazing up at the stars through a perfectly clear sky while thanking God for ANOTHER great day....

Yes, I think I would enjoy that!...

Enjoy the weekend!

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 12-03-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
GsChinadoll (12-05-2011)
Old 12-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #9
Lakegeezer

Default Someone is doing it

Don't know if the fishing is good - but as they say, better than a day of work. Picture taken Saturday morning, December 3'rd.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #10
Pineedles

Default Don't bemoan being on the lake

Besides, think of all the extra gas you'd be consuming if you were out on the lake, given that it is so syrupy? It must consume at least a gallon or two more to push that whaler through the thick water at this time of year.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:23 AM   #11
Belmont Resident

Default still

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Hmmm...let me think about this for a minute... Since my boat has an enclosure maybe I would take a long slow ride on the lake with no traffic like it was my own private paradise. Possibly take my wife for a nice lunch over in Wolfeboro without having to worry about dock space or waiting for a table.

After lunch, ride back to camp and maybe mix myself a nice Absolute Bloody Mary complete with a long stalk of celery hanging out of the glass for munching on while taking in the always warm sunshine on the deck.

For dinner, steaks on the grill, medium rare of course, with a fine glass of red wine. After dinner I would get a fire going in the outdoor fireplace to take the chill out of the cool night air and enjoy all the peacefulness and serenity Winni has to offer all while gazing up at the stars through a perfectly clear sky while thanking God for ANOTHER great day....

Yes, I think I would enjoy that!...

Enjoy the weekend!

Dan
My Sea Ray had a full camper package and although it cut down on the wind it was still cold. Also keeping the windows from fogging up was always a problem especially at night. If I kept it I would have put heat in it. We had to keep windows open for air flow to keep the fogging down. I tried fog-X, rain-X, it didn’t seem to matter.
My wife’s Chaparral has the same problem at night with her tops up.
How do you keep your defrosted? Does your have heat? Nice if it does.

I'd love to enjoy the weekend, but it is that time of the year when everyone wants their projects done NOW. I'll be working weekends till Christmas and yes I'm thankfull for having that much work to do. Off to work.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #12
fpartri497

at west alton marine where i slip my boat, over on gold coast there is a fairley large pontoon boat with a full camper enclosure. In back of the drivers seat bunge corded to the side wall Is a twenty pound propane tank with one of those large square heaters on top of the tank. Ill bet that keeps them warm O.K.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #13
ishoot308

Quote:
My Sea Ray had a full camper package and although it cut down on the wind it was still cold. Also keeping the windows from fogging up was always a problem especially at night. If I kept it I would have put heat in it. We had to keep windows open for air flow to keep the fogging down. I tried fog-X, rain-X, it didn’t seem to matter.
My wife’s Chaparral has the same problem at night with her tops up.
How do you keep your defrosted? Does your have heat? Nice if it does.
No heat here. My tri-toon has a full canvas enclosure with heavy plastic windows with screens. Never had an issue with windows fogging up. Not very good in heavy rain however since it does not have wipers. My Eastern lobster has a 3/4 full hard side enclosure, glass windshield with wipers and zip up canvas back. Never had an issue with this one either.

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 12-04-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #14
Belmont Resident

Default that makes sense

The pontoon is too big to be effected and the lobster has ventilation.
My 24 Sundancer fogged up every night I had full canvas up as does my wife’s boat now.
No matter now, highes for the end of the week not much above freezing.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #15
ishoot308

Quote:
The pontoon is too big to be effected and the lobster has ventilation.
My 24 Sundancer fogged up every night I had full canvas up as does my wife’s boat now.
No matter now, highes for the end of the week not much above freezing.
Come on ice and snow!!!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #16
codeman671

My neighbors had their boat in the water when I talked to them last week, they probably pulled out this weekend (or at least that was the plan). I am jealous...
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote