Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2022, 09:00 AM   #1
C-Bass

Default Thank you

To anyone who may just read these forums or participate. If you recently found a drivers license and dropped it in the mail to me. Thank you! Normally I wouldn’t care as much, I got a temp. However I have a job interview in a few weeks and I need to provide a copy of it. I really didn’t really want to give them a temp. So Thank you again.
C-Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:03 AM   #2
Jersey Bob

Default Good people

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bass View Post
To anyone who may just read these forums or participate. If you recently found a drivers license and dropped it in the mail to me. Thank you! Normally I wouldn’t care as much, I got a temp. However I have a job interview in a few weeks and I need to provide a copy of it. I really didn’t really want to give them a temp. So Thank you again.
It nice to know there are still some good people in this day and age.
Jersey Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey Bob For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (11-26-2022)
Old 11-26-2022, 12:43 PM   #3
TheTimeTraveler

Yes, glad you received your license back.

Last year my daughter found a wallet in the airport. It was full of cash, coins and credit cards as well as a driver's license.

She converted all the coins to paper currency so it wouldn't rattle in the US Mail and mailed everything back via trackable US Priority Mail. My daughter personally paid the approximately $10 postage and mailed it off.

About 2 weeks later she received a very nice thank you letter and a large paper currency ($50) to more than cover the postage.....

So yes, good people are out there. Admittedly few and far between!
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheTimeTraveler For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (11-26-2022)
Old 11-26-2022, 05:02 PM   #4
C-Bass

I would love to send something back to whoever sent it but, no return address
C-Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 07:16 PM   #5
SailinAway

If you find a wallet, I recommend contacting the owner directly for identification before mailing it and not relying on the police to get it back to the owner. I once found a wallet with cash and IDs while I was hiking in the Lakes Region. A long google search didn't turn up a phone number so I called the police in Boston. I could tell they weren't too motivated to help get the wallet to its owner. They wanted me to mail the wallet to them. Ha, I declined. I insisted that they go to the guy's house, give him my phone number, and ask him to call me. Why did I do that? Because I was imagining the anxiety he was going through with his wallet missing, and the effort it would take to replace his ID cards and credit cards if the wallet didn't get back to him safely. The police finally went to his house, he called me, and the wallet was in the mail the next day.
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links