Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts
Default Leave time if going to Wolfeboro today

Took me literally a 1/2 hour to get from the high school to down town. Add in the cross walks and your talking 40 minutes to get through town.
They have been hanging the new fiber optic cables to the school through town this week, but today it is terrible.
Not like they couldn't have done this in March or April knowing they needed to get it up there to the school or anything....But Nooooooooo...wait until the Summer to do it. Geesh.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

Is that what they are doing? I heard there were going to be traffic problems but I thought it was something about new power "stuff" for Pleasant Valley Road.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
beagle

Default How long will it last?

Does anyone know? Hope it is not going on Friday when so many will be coming up for the long weekend!
beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
Lakepilot

Came back in the Trites van today and was told the cables were going to improve the power situation i.e fewer outages.
Lakepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:06 AM   #5
tis

Yes, I heard it again today, more voltage for the people of Pleasant Valley. I guess a lot of new poles are going up.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

The police officer directing traffic told me fiber optics going to the school. And it looked like the trucks were stopped right in front of the school. Who knows though.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #7
tis

Maybe it's a little bit of both. Who knows?

"The Town of Wolfeboro Municipal Electric Department is beginning the third phase of the voltage conversion upgrade of the electrical distribution system from 4.16kV to 12.47kV starting the week of June 27,2011. State Electric Corporation will be setting new poles along Pleasant Valley Road and various adjacent side street locations in this area. There may be some traffic delays during this process-----" "THese upgrades are intended to benefit the residents of the Pleasant Valley Road area by improving system performance and reliability.

This is from the Granite State News, but it has also been on the radio for the past couple of days.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #8
eillac@dow

Default Getting there....hopefully safe...

My daughter got her license almost a year ago. She has never made the trek to NH. I said NO during Memorial Day weekend,....So now it is the 4th! I gave the OK. Only if she leaves early tomorrow...after Boston morning traffic.

Can I say that I am panic'nd..in a frenzy...The Boston traffic...the construction....the crazy people on the road!

I have tried to warn her about traffic...but got the "don't worry about it Mom". So....I guess she is on her own.

So if you see a young girl in a green Madza...please cut her a break! There are Newbees on the road ( or should I say Rt 93)!

Thank you all and have a great 4th.

eillac@dow
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote