Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-10-2020, 01:12 PM   #1
MeredithMan

Aside from people going off on a political tangent, what's the real issue here? Anyone been to BankNH Pavillion to see a concert lately? You have to go through metal detectors and bag searches there. Same with going to a Red Sox game or a Pats game. I don't hear anyone complaining about that...

With all the mental cases out there who are looking for attention by shooting up / blowing up a large crowd at a public venue, I, personally, have no issue with the added security, and I also don't really care if it is required by the local town/city government or by the owner of the venue. It's unfortunate that when we go to an event now we have to think, "how would I get outta here if someone starts shooting..", but that's the world we're in.

And in a Civics Public Service Announcement, "Beacon Hill" is where the Mass State House is and where State Government is run. Boston City Government is done at City Hall, and that is not on Beacon Hill, it's at City Hall Plaza.
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post:
Biggd (02-10-2020)
Old 02-10-2020, 01:34 PM   #2
fatlazyless

Default ..... Parkman House on Beacon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
Boston City Government is done at City Hall, and that is not on Beacon Hill, it's at City Hall Plaza.
So, what do Boston Mayor's Curley, Hynes, Collins, White, Flynn, Menino and Walsh all have in common? Using the city owned Frances Parkman House that's on Beacon St just below the State House on Beacon Hill for private meetings away from all the prying eyes over at City Hall.

"Will meet you at the Parkman House, and best to use the rear entrance on Chestnut St so's you don't get seen ........ understand! ..... "