Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
Merrymeeting

Default Middleton Road / Kings Highway - Wolfeboro

The Wolfeboro section of Middleton Road / Kings Highway, from Weston Auto Body to the New Durham line, is one of the worst stretches of road in the lake area. Last March, at the height of the frost heave season, it was almost impassable. Even now, it's pretty bad.

Earlier in the summer, I searched the web for any plans to fix/upgrade the road, and found a reference to the Wolfeboro Town Meeting last February where an article on the warrant was passed to do work on the road. I can't locate it now.

We were encouraged seeing NHDOT trucks and engineers earlier in the summer doing surveys and making markings. But with no further activity, I now fear we have another bad winter of driving ahead.

Does anyone know of the status or plans to work on this road?
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
tis

Thanked 1,371 Times in 947 Posts

I do think they are going to fix it. I remember it being approved.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
camp guy

Default Middleton Road/Kings Highway - Wolfeboro

I do not know the exact particulars, but I do remember a discussion that included the fact that this stretch of roadway has been "under discussion" for quite some time. I also remember within that same conversation that there were references to the fact that some agreements and arrangements had been made between the Town of Wolfeboro and the State of New Hampshire regarding the maintenance, particularly snow plowing and roadside ditching. My "gut reaction" to this conversation was that neither party was enthusiastically jumping into action with respect to maintenance of this road stretch.

Sadly, this is as very busy roadway, including school buses, and it certainly needs to be kept up to standards.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:57 AM   #4
Merrymeeting

The good news is that at Wolfeboro Town Meeting, the article to finally fix this stretch of road was passed. Not at all too soon. Right now, speed limits are about 10 MPH, because if you go any faster, your car will shake apart.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:40 AM   #5
PaugusBayFireFighter

I took a coffee ride Sunday with a friend and we took a ride down that road. Holy mackerel it was a huge mistake. Almost comical how bad it is. I thought I would bottom out if I didn't crawl so I took my time. As I was driving I saw something in the road and drove around it. I turned to my friend and said 'that's a book'. I backed up and saw it was barley touched and dropped fairly recently. I wasn't going to leave it there so I figured I would post the find on here in hopes someone knows the owner.
It was a Tom Clancy book and is still in excellent condition. Here is a picture, hopefully someone knows the owner.
Attached Images

PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links