Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
ITD

Default Center Harbor to Lake Kanatsaka

Is there a way to get from Center Harbor to Lake Kanatsaka???
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
Irrigation Guy

Yes, the Moultonboro Snowmobile Club worked very hard in the off season and with the generosity of some new and existing land owners and the support of the Town we have accomplished two new reroutes in town, one which reconnects Corridor 15 to Meredith from Lake Kanasatka. Please be respectful of these folks and aware of the proximity of the trail to their living quarters(we don't need more obstacles to overcome).

The following link should provide the details.

http://www.moultonborosmc.org/newsle...02010-2011.doc

We are hoping for more snow. Due to the light and fluffy nature of the latest snowfall we have many thin and bare areas on the trails(including exposed rocks), at the moment we are not grooming for fear of damaging our equipment and the trail.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irrigation Guy For This Useful Post:
hazelnut (01-19-2011), ITD (01-17-2011)
Old 01-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Local Realtor and I groomed it last night- it should set up well overnight with the cold coming in and be in great shape if we get a bit of snow tonight and on Friday!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
hazelnut (01-19-2011)
Old 01-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
Formula

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Local Realtor and I groomed it last night- it should set up well overnight with the cold coming in and be in great shape if we get a bit of snow tonight and on Friday!

Thanks, you guys are the best!
Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
VitaBene

You're welcome, Formula. It is a lot of work but it is worth every hour when we see individuals and families out enjoying the trails!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

How are the trails shaping up around the lake? Thinking of doing some riding in the area next weekend. Been waiting for the ice to really set up good so the entire lake is good and safe. I haven't ridden the castle trail on oh about 3 years now - the conditions just never got there.

Just got back from riding above the notches and why not, take real nice ride into VT. WOW the conditions could not be better and it was great to get out and see a little bit of VT for a change. Think this weekend was pretty successful, lots of VT sleds riding in NH and vice versa.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #7
Chillin & Grillin

NH & VT should recognize each others snowmobile registrations permanently.
Chillin & Grillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #8
hazelnut

Local Moultonboro trail conditions were outstanding this weekend. Great job Vita and crew. Kudos to you.

Side note: Why was the groomer parked on the side of the trail near the bridge near Suissevale? Is it broken down? I hope not.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hazelnut For This Useful Post:
MAXUM (01-24-2011), VitaBene (01-24-2011)
Old 01-24-2011, 12:48 AM   #9
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Thumbs down TrackTruck Down

hazelnut

Sorry to say it is/was broken down. Major failure on the Drag. John Anderson was looking for a "Weder" to make repairs. That was early this morning. I have not heard back from John.

No news is good news?
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:23 AM   #10
VitaBene

The track truck is still down and out. Hopefully we will get is pulled out of the woods today and get the welding started!

It is our medium sized groomer. We will likely be looking to replace it over the next few years, but hopefully we can cobble it together until then.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #11
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN View Post
hazelnut

Sorry to say it is/was broken down. Major failure on the Drag. John Anderson was looking for a "Weder" to make repairs. That was early this morning. I have not heard back from John.

No news is good news?
When I saw it I was afraid that was the problem. Bummer.

You guys have done amazing work this year so far. I am continuously amazed by the work done on the Moultonboro trails. The updates and changes, Kanasatka access from Center Harbor and reroute from Powerline to Fullers are both greatly appreciated. I especially like the Powerline to Fullers re-route. Thanks for everything you all do for us.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hazelnut For This Useful Post:
VitaBene (01-24-2011)
Old 01-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #12
VitaBene

Thanks Hazel, we try our best. We have a great group of volunteers who maintain and groom the trails. It is a lot of work but when we see hundreds of people out enjoying the trails like we did this weekend, it is all worth it!
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
secondcurve (01-24-2011)
Old 01-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #13
pcmc

Hi VitaBene and All,

Sorry to hyjack this thread, but I want to share an idea.

I'm enjoying the thread and your last post regarding the volunteers that help with the trails and had an idea, whether is good one or not is up to you.

I was wondering if you have any signs or adds on the trail asking for volunteer help from the thousands of users of the trails. I realize many are from out of the area, but if they have use of the trails maybe they have an interest in helping out too. Put up a sign asking for volunteer help with a phone#, web address, ect..

Also, while thinking about signs, what if you, maybe you already do, have "local stops" (gas, food,etc..)that are accessible on sleds, sponcer a section of trail where they can have an advertisment(sign) put up along the trail. I don't mean a sign resembling a highway sign, something nature appropriate and one that could be removed, come spring season, on one of the last rides. A thought to raise a few bucks for the club.
pcmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #14
Irrigation Guy

Just in from grooming. All trail are Smoooooth once again. Tucker did Red Hill, Corridor 15(M'boro neck) to lake, and Corridor 15 to where we meet with Meredith on Coe Hill Rd. Center Harbor. Scandic groomers did the town trail and other access trails. State Groomed over the Ossipee Mtns as they always do and groomed our trails to Skellys Market and the other trails in that area before dragging our broken Track Truck out to the road where it was loaded on a ramp truck and hauled back to our garage.

Now the bad news. It is really broken. The frame on the machine and the support for the wheels in the tracks broke right off both sides. It aint pretty. We are investigating our options(IE repair or if totalled, replace). In the mean time, the state will help us out on that side of the lake.

As far as volunteers go, we sure could use more during fall trail work season. We probably had less than 20 individual faces show up on at least one of the Saturday morning work parties that took place all fall from September till December. This from a club with over 600 family memberships. We need to find a way to get more folks involved because many of those saturdays saw 4 or less bodies show up, and too much work fell on too few people. We have a lot of branch trimming that got neglected and the snow is causing branches to hang into the trail making grooming and riding much more difficult than it need to be.

We have worked hard but we are also wore out. Just think what things would be like if even 10% of the membership gave just one Saturday each?

Please consider giving us just one Saturday next fall and help make our trails that much better.

BTW - we do appreciate the kudos on our hard work and couldn't have done it without the cooperation of our generous landowners.

Signed,

MSC Trailmaster.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Irrigation Guy For This Useful Post:
Cobalt (01-25-2011), hazelnut (01-25-2011), natureboy79 (01-25-2011), secondcurve (01-25-2011), VitaBene (01-25-2011), Winnisquamguy (01-25-2011)