Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2020, 02:15 PM   #1
Purplehayes

Default Nolans?

We had 2 unsuccessful attempts to eat at Nolans on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.. over 2 hour waits yet tables open. When we asked what was going on they said they were under new ownership and it happened at the end of August. The response from the hostess, we have new owners and are trying to bring far more structure. Does anyone know what happened on the ownership front?
Purplehayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 02:21 PM   #2
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehayes View Post
We had 2 unsuccessful attempts to eat at Nolans on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.. over 2 hour waits yet tables open. When we asked what was going on they said they were under new ownership and it happened at the end of August. The response from the hostess, we have new owners and are trying to bring far more structure. Does anyone know what happened on the ownership front?
I don't know about Nolan's but every restaurant up there was packed Saturday afternoon and evening.
Rather than wait 2 hours to dine in we got take out from Green Ginger and had the left overs Monday night.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:19 AM   #3
Shreddy

Makes sense now why they were closed on a random Friday night three weeks ago. I believe it was Friday the 25th of September. Took my parents over on the boat for dinner but doors were shut and lights off. We ended up at Garwoods instead.
Old 10-16-2020, 02:14 PM   #4
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehayes View Post
Nolans was owned by the woman who also owned The Cider Press Restaurant in South Wolfeboro.

I am not sure if this led to her selling Nolans, but I do know that she pumped a ton of money into The Cider Press in July of 2019 prior to her grand opening.

I would guess that current difficult Restaurant conditions (Covid) are the primary reasons that restaurants are being sold or closed these days.

Maybe someone has more detailed information to post.
TheTimeTraveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:45 PM   #5
Heaven

Default Still dissapointing

When Nolan's opened I gave it three tries, and determined that there were many other places I'd rather eat. Some three years (?) later, I chose to go there with a friend for lunch. I was hoping Nolan's had hit its stride and settled into whatever strong points it could in order to offer an enjoyable visit, but I was again disappointed. Our food was so-so, the lunch menu wasn't very diverse or interesting, the inside didn't look pulled together and had no cozy or pleasing attributes. It was kind of just messy. Since it always seems to be very busy, maybe it comes off better when it's full of people in the evening? Or is it all "location location location"?
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links