Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
kittyb

Thumbs down Kellerhaus, Weirs Beach

I can't believe the conditions at the Kellerhaus.....a few space heaters to warm the whole building as the furnace is not working (for quite some time, I've heard) and now no hot water. How those employees stand it is beyond me. I questioned a couple of them when I stopped in and was told they must wear outside clothing in order to function in the cold! No one should have to work in those conditions. Shame on the owners!
kittyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
Winnisquamguy

They need clean hot water to wash there hands!! Someone should call the health Dept. and let them know what's going on. If they have been doing this for a few weeks and is that is kinda scary.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
fatlazyless

For just $1.09, 1.00 plus 9% NH meals tax, on every Wednesday: Kellerhaus has an ice cream cone special where you get a big two scoops of your choice about ten different flavors of their Kellerhaus homemade ice cream. Highly recommend the coffee or the black raspberry ice cream in a standard waffle cone.

Kellerhaus has a huge interesting inventory of varied merchandise in a beautifull old building, and most of the employees are very athletic, young women from places like Romania and Ukraine who probably do not mind the cold temps so very much.
daved (03-08-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
Pontoon Goon

Default Sign of the times

I can't speak for Kellerhaus specifically but I know for a fact that a lot of small independently owned businesses are still faced with tough decisions as they struggle to keep the doors open. Pay the oilman or meet payroll, pay the oilman or pay the health insurance, pay vendors on time so shipment continue, light bill and on and on. The lakes region has an even more difficult time in the off season because those bills still come in. This winter I have noticed a lot of small shops and restaurants are much cooler if not darn cold and they are also shutting off lights in seldom used rooms until a customer wants to go in. They are not being cheap and you can bet this is not the way they want to run things but most of these people have their entire lives tied up in their business and they are doing anything they can to stay afloat. If you are not comfortable patronizing a place like this that is certainly understandable and your right to walk out. Or maybe you could just buy a quart of ice cream to go and help a small business.
Pontoon Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pontoon Goon For This Useful Post:
Billy Bob (04-22-2013), BroadHopper (02-12-2013), daved (03-08-2013), GsChinadoll (02-13-2013), ishoot308 (02-12-2013), LIforrelaxin (04-24-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
Heaven

Call the health department and maybe OSHA also.
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
Acrossamerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontoon Goon View Post
I can't speak for Kellerhaus specifically but I know for a fact that a lot of small independently owned businesses are still faced with tough decisions as they struggle to keep the doors open. Pay the oilman or meet payroll, pay the oilman or pay the health insurance, pay vendors on time so shipment continue, light bill and on and on. The lakes region has an even more difficult time in the off season because those bills still come in. This winter I have noticed a lot of small shops and restaurants are much cooler if not darn cold and they are also shutting off lights in seldom used rooms until a customer wants to go in. They are not being cheap and you can bet this is not the way they want to run things but most of these people have their entire lives tied up in their business and they are doing anything they can to stay afloat. If you are not comfortable patronizing a place like this that is certainly understandable and your right to walk out. Or maybe you could just buy a quart of ice cream to go and help a small business.
I am shocked. I thought that according to those in Washinton DC from the Pres on down that all was well and Main Street is booming once again. I guess all those folks on food stamps, disability and unemployment just don't spend their cash in restaurants and other local shops.
Acrossamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
winnipiseogee

For what its worth I stopped in at Kellerhaus today and it seemed plenty warm. More importantly I decided it was my civic duty to taste the candy and it seemed as great as ever!
winnipiseogee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winnipiseogee For This Useful Post:
daved (03-08-2013), Ride & Dive (04-29-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #8
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Economy

The Washinton Congress (group of baboons according to Merriam-Webster) wants you to believe that the only number that makes any sense today is the unemployment rate. Since the rate is lower than is was a year ago, it is smell of victory!

Since 2008, the average US salary have declined, Inflation has rise and this year our tax rate has gone up. This means the average 'disposable income' is down. Folks have less money to spend. That is why the economy is stagnant.

Also the banks are less willing to help with small business loans and mortgages. Foreclosures are still a dime a dozen. Even though the banks are ordered to help those who fell into hard times, they are very slow in processing yet quick to throw these folks out of their homes!

I could go on and on. Yes you are right, look at all the empty store fronts as you drive around. Browse the NNEREN website for forclosures. Judge for yourself how bad the situation is.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #9
Resident 2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrossamerica View Post
I am shocked. I thought that according to those in Washinton DC from the Pres on down that all was well and Main Street is booming once again. I guess all those folks on food stamps, disability and unemployment just don't spend their cash in restaurants and other local shops.
In my opinion, things are still bad. It is not anywhere as good as the DC spin doctors make it seem, certainly not here in New England.

The only time Main Street booms is when another gas line explodes.

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Resident 2B For This Useful Post:
Great Northern Cleaning (02-13-2013), GsChinadoll (02-13-2013), nicole (02-12-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #10
birchhaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
That kind seems like over kill and going way out of ones way to screw the owners and if osha did show up. Well the Weirs would have one more empty building for decades for us all to stare at or complain a developer turned it into a parking lot, condos, or etc
birchhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #11
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by birchhaven View Post
That kind seems like over kill and going way out of ones way to screw the owners and if osha did show up. Well the Weirs would have one more empty building for decades for us all to stare at or complain a developer turned it into a parking lot, condos, or etc
That's right birchhaven...if Kellerhaus got shut down how would FLL be able to get for just $1.09, 1.00 plus 9% NH meals tax, on every Wednesday an ice cream cone special where you get a big two scoops of your choice about ten different flavors of their Kellerhaus homemade ice cream.
daved (03-08-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #12
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
...this year our tax rate has gone up.
What tax rate are you talking about?
P-3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #13
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
............. and most of the employees are very athletic, young women from places like Romania and Ukraine who probably do not mind the cold temps so very much.
Sometimes I truelly wonder why the members of this forum put up with most of your posts .......
chipj29 (02-13-2013), Merrymeeting (02-13-2013), Ride & Dive (04-29-2013), Skip (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #14
AKADQ

Default All is good at Kellerhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipiseogee View Post
For what its worth I stopped in at Kellerhaus today and it seemed plenty warm. More importantly I decided it was my civic duty to taste the candy and it seemed as great as ever!
Stopped in as well yesterday for some Valentine sweets and found it to be a warm & pleasant experience and was even helped by upbeat staff as people were coming and going. My cashier GiGi from Peru was full of smiles and even offered to gift wrap my purchase. Good Job Kellerhaus Crew !
AKADQ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AKADQ For This Useful Post:
daved (03-08-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #15
Just Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyb View Post
I can't believe the conditions at the Kellerhaus.....a few space heaters to warm the whole building as the furnace is not working (for quite some time, I've heard) and now no hot water. How those employees stand it is beyond me. I questioned a couple of them when I stopped in and was told they must wear outside clothing in order to function in the cold! No one should have to work in those conditions. Shame on the owners!
Seems to me this is a person who has an axe to grind or just plain wants to do harm to a good local business. This is only their 4th post but it is a very negative one. They have posted in 2008, 2009, 2010 and now 2013.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just Sold For This Useful Post:
Ride & Dive (04-29-2013), Slickcraft (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #16
crowsnest

Quote:
I think we should stop in and spend money instead of kicking them when there down ! mabe they just need a little boost in sales.
crowsnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #17
cillovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMI Guy View Post
FICA tax went from 4.2% to 6.2% And with that tax it also hurts employers since they have to match that tax and pay Uncle Sam for our phantom SS benefits that will maybe be there when we retire.
cillovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #18
broguy

Default FICA Tax Rate

The FICA tax rate went from 6.2% down to 4.2% 2 years ago and back up to 6.2% for employees only. The employer rate stayed at 6.2% the whole time.
broguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #19
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillovely View Post
FICA tax went from 4.2% to 6.2% And with that tax it also hurts employers since they have to match that tax and pay Uncle Sam for our phantom SS benefits that will maybe be there when we retire.
The FICA rate had previously been 6.2%; the reduction to 4.2% was a temporary measure. Anyone who was informed about the matter knew that it was scheduled to revert to the 6.2% rate at the beginning of this year.

Whether or not future SS benefits are "phantom" or not is a matter of debate, but I can tell you one thing for sure: the less money that is paid into SS (i.e. the FICA tax that employees and employers pay), the less chance there is that you'll get the benefits that you think you're entitled to. Wanting to pay less money and get the same benefits is not a sustainable financial strategy, folks.

Edited to add: this article from Forbes does a really good job of explaining it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonyn...-tax-increase/
Old 02-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #20
kittyb

Default Kellerhaus

My intentions were never to shut the place down, just to urge the owners to fix a broken furnace! It has nothing to do with the economy or Washington DC! I was speaking to the working conditions of hourly paid people (who are Americans; the Romanians were only here for the summer and will be back) When the temperature outside is below freezing and you report for work and it is just as cold inside as out....this is a very bad work environment. When the burners of the stove are providing the heat...and then heating the water, I call that an unsafe and unsanitary environment. I recognize that the building "heats up" during the day. People themselves give off heat but I challenge any one of us to report for work and begin our day in 44 degree temperatures. These women are very pleasant; they obviously enjoy serving the public and do their very best to maintain a pleasant attitude. I commend them all for their work ethic and attitude. And I still think the owners should fix the furnace.
kittyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #21
Heaven

Quote:
My intentions were never to shut the place down, just to urge the owners to fix a broken furnace! It has nothing to do with the economy or Washington DC! I was speaking to the working conditions of hourly paid people (who are Americans; the Romanians were only here for the summer and will be back) When the temperature outside is below freezing and you report for work and it is just as cold inside as out....this is a very bad work environment. When the burners of the stove are providing the heat...and then heating the water, I call that an unsafe and unsanitary environment. I recognize that the building "heats up" during the day. People themselves give off heat but I challenge any one of us to report for work and begin our day in 44 degree temperatures. These women are very pleasant; they obviously enjoy serving the public and do their very best to maintain a pleasant attitude. I commend them all for their work ethic and attitude. And I still think the owners should fix the furnace.
It sounds unsafe and unsanitary, and if that is the case no cheerleading can overcome the issues. The end does not justify the means and I bet their insurance company would agree.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #22
GTO

Default really.....

Quote:
]

So, what did you do before modern technology and the internet and forums. If you wanted to get the owners attention to the matter, why not ask for him and talk it out with him instead of "bashing them" on a public forum. Maybe they had a call in to get the furnace fixed and a part was on backorder....you don't know. Gather your facts first!
Winnisquamguy (02-14-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #23
BroadHopper

Default I have to check it out.

Quote:
My pension check is about $100 lighter this month. A friend of mine who has a pension from the public sector also notice that same thing.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #24
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
My pension check is about $100 lighter this month. A friend of mine who has a pension from the public sector also notice that same thing.
Why? What tax increased to account for the approximately $100 monthly reduction?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #25
RailroadJoe

My pension never changes. I worked for private industry, not the state or federal.
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #26
Happy Gourmand

Default SS check

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailroadJoe View Post
My pension never changes. I worked for private industry, not the state or federal.
Mine went up a bit this year. Thank you everybody for your continued support!
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #27
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts
Thumbs up Kellerhaus

Stopped today and agree with AKADO and winnipiseogee, just as warm and cheerful as always. Got my wife her annual fix of their candy.

Glad I did not buy into the 1st post. Just Sold is right on, that poster must have an ax to grind.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #28
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Sometimes I truelly wonder why the members of this forum put up with most of your posts .......
Because it's not the members responsibility to put up with or not put up with another members posts. Members do not own this forum so we can either ignore other members or report inappropriate posts to the webmaster.

On the lower left hand corner of each post there is an icon that allows you to report comments that you think violate the forum rules. It looks like this:
Old 02-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #29
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Or the Webmaster can get sick and tired of the whole thing and just shut down the site, right Rusty?
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #30
Resident 2B

I have always enjoyed my visits to Kellerhaus. Great candy and ice cream, wonderful staff and some interesting trinkets and decorations to look at and purchase.

It is possible they had a mechanical breakdown that required a repair part to be ordered. If so, these things happen, to all of us.

I am looking forward to my next visit to Kellerhaus! They are a nice, local business that does their best to stay open year round.

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #31
wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Or the Webmaster can get sick and tired of the whole thing and just shut down the site, right Rusty?
Seems these days, if you decide to make a post, you have to prepare to be bombarded from those that think they have to chop you down, then restate the very things you posted. I'm not a psychiatrist, so I won't say what I think motivates this.

The "why can't we be friends" song is echoing in my head....
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #32
barefootbay

We Love Kellerhaus ! Have been customers winter and summer for more years than I care to remember.
barefootbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #33
daved

Smile Kellerhaus, Weirs Beach

As the owners of Kellerhaus, we would like to respond to the concerns posted by Kitty B. The furnace at Kellerhaus is 30 years old and has recently been running at half capacity. It is a complicated steam system and it services the entire building. We have been working with a heating contractor who said replacing it in the dead of winter should be avoided if possible since the building would be without heat for over a week while a new unit is ordered/ installed. The heat IS working (albeit inefficiently) and we do have hot water. Since the furnace is functioning at less than full capacity, we added supplemental heaters to make the building more comfortable during the cold snap. It is true that Sunday during the Nemo blizzard (Kellerhaus was closed Saturday) the furnace was not working. We unfortunately were stuck out of town due to the storm. The furnace WAS back in operation when we returned the next day (late Monday). The senior staff members in charge of Kellerhaus during our absence were asked to use their judgement on whether to open or close the store based on the weather conditions while we were out of town. In hindsight we should have included any issues with the heat but, again, the Sunday heat/hot water breakdown was unforseen. Since the current unit is still working, albeit not as good as one would like, and it provides heat and needed hot water we will have it replaced as soon as we can. In the meantime the short term solution is working to the satisfaction of our employees and guests.
daved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to daved For This Useful Post:
AKADQ (02-14-2013), BaileyBecca (02-14-2013), Belmont Resident (02-14-2013), brk-lnt (02-13-2013), chefbrown (02-28-2013), diz (02-28-2013), fatlazyless (02-14-2013), gillygirl (02-14-2013), GTO (02-14-2013), Heading4thelake (02-13-2013), Just Sold (02-14-2013), Longtimelurker (02-14-2013), MaidenCove07 (02-27-2013), meredith weekender (02-14-2013), Merrymeeting (02-14-2013), NHKathy (02-28-2013), Phantom (02-14-2013), Pontoon Goon (02-14-2013), RailroadJoe (02-14-2013), rander7823 (03-01-2013), Rattlesnake Gal (02-28-2013), Reilly (02-16-2013), Resident 2B (02-13-2013), Slickcraft (02-14-2013), SPT13 (02-14-2013), trfour (02-14-2013), Winni P (02-14-2013), Winnisquamguy (02-14-2013), winnitru (02-28-2013)
Old 02-14-2013, 04:44 AM   #34
Belmont Resident

Default Not for nothing but

At 30 years old I doubt this is your first time having issues. Maybe this should have been addressed long before it got this far, and failed during the winter?
Then again maybe not, just saying. I've seen it all the time especially in rental property situations.
Being a rental property owner it is hard to bite the bullet on a heating system.
At 6K for a boiler (we replaced on and have another on the to do list) it isn't a small investment and one that adds absolutely no value back into the building.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:16 AM   #35
gillygirl

Default Why no value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
At 6K for a boiler (we replaced on and have another on the to do list) it isn't a small investment and one that adds absolutely no value back into the building.
I'm just curious why you think a new boiler adds no value? Not a slam, just an honest question. If I were a renter, I would be thrilled with a new, efficient boiler which might reduce my heating costs. At the very least, it would ease my mind knowing that it would be less likely I'd lose heat.

Thanks,
GG
gillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:28 AM   #36
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
I'm just curious why you think a new boiler adds no value? Not a slam, just an honest question. If I were a renter, I would be thrilled with a new, efficient boiler which might reduce my heating costs. At the very least, it would ease my mind knowing that it would be less likely I'd lose heat.

Thanks,
GG
True from a renters aspect but as far as home value it adds none. Doors, windows, roof, boiler are all things that a house needs. Although updating and painting improves the likely hood of a sale none will add extra value to a home that is being marketed. Now on the other side, needing a new roof, boiler, paint job can reduce the chances of getting top dollar for a house being sold.
I always thought differently until a realtor explained this to me. It does make sense. Now interior upgrades will add value, especially kitchens and baths.
gillygirl (02-14-2013)
Old 02-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #37
RailroadJoe

Default Please excuse the words, just assume a different way

As someone once said " never assume, as it will make as ass-of-u-and-me"
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #38
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Quote:
The FICA rate had previously been 6.2%; the reduction to 4.2% was a temporary measure. Anyone who was informed about the matter knew that it was scheduled to revert to the 6.2% rate at the beginning of this year.

Whether or not future SS benefits are "phantom" or not is a matter of debate, but I can tell you one thing for sure: the less money that is paid into SS (i.e. the FICA tax that employees and employers pay), the less chance there is that you'll get the benefits that you think you're entitled to. Wanting to pay less money and get the same benefits is not a sustainable financial strategy, folks.

Edited to add: this article from Forbes does a really good job of explaining it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonyn...-tax-increase/
Sounds like a cheerleader for higher taxes.....just a reminder,SS is not a benefit that we "think" we're entitled to.It is OUR money....contributed over a lifetime of working........this is why we don't have a political thread on the forum.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post:
AKADQ (02-14-2013)
Old 02-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #39
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Sounds like a cheerleader for higher taxes.....just a reminder,SS is not a benefit that we "think" we're entitled to.It is OUR money....contributed over a lifetime of working........this is why we don't have a political thread on the forum.
No, not a cheerleader for higher taxes, just explaining the facts, which so often get lost in discussions like this.

And yes, as a contributory retirement system, anyone who pays into SS is entitled to benefits. The question is, HOW MUCH? Because as the system is currently set up, on average the benefits obtained exceed the contributions made. How much more than YOU contributed over your working life are YOU entitled to once you start collecting benefits?
Old 02-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #40
meredith weekender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
At 30 years old I doubt this is your first time having issues. Maybe this should have been addressed long before it got this far, and failed during the winter?
Then again maybe not, just saying. I've seen it all the time especially in rental property situations.
Being a rental property owner it is hard to bite the bullet on a heating system.

Your response is really way out of line on a commercial building.....

A commercial boiler can go 40 years in some cases. The boilers are built alot different than the standard residential system. On that note a commercial boiler is going to be double or triple the $6,000 price you quoted for a residential system. We just replaced commercial boilers in 3 buildings we have and at a cost of $28,000 per building. The systems were down for 4 days per building to make all the necessary changes.

I feel that the owners of Kellerhaus are doing the right thing by limping the exisitng boiler along and supplementing with extra portable heating units until the season changes.

Just my two cents, and today my two cents are free, LOL.
meredith weekender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meredith weekender For This Useful Post:
AKADQ (02-14-2013), Bear Island South (02-14-2013), chefbrown (02-28-2013), Shreddy (02-15-2013), SPT13 (02-17-2013), Winnisquamguy (02-14-2013)
Old 02-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #41
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Thank you daved and Welcome.

Welcome Dave D, and thanks for taking time out from your other duties as a business owner to answer the negative comments in this thread.

Too bad a simple "Gee, sure is cool in here today" was not said, so that an employee could say "we are having a little problem with the furnace, but thanks for your concern."

Good luck with the repairs, and hope all goes well through the rest of the winter, into the spring and summer.
Airedale1 (04-23-2013), Reilly (02-16-2013)
Old 02-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #42
Heaven

My biggest concern as a customer would be if there were hot water at the required temperature and quantity for the cleaning of food service equipment and employee hygiene. These are not random numbers but are well recognized as necessary to prevent some really ugly situations.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heaven For This Useful Post:
Billy Bob (03-02-2013), ITD (02-14-2013)
Old 02-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #43
BroadHopper

Default Cool commercial buildings

Actually I like it on the cool side. An overheated building makes me breeze right back out in the cold air.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #44
MaidenCove07

Default Thanks Dave

Well said Dave, if any of these nay-sayers had bothered to look at your facebook page, they would have known the reason for the problems.
Some people need a life or a friend, not a forum.
You know you have a very dedicated customer base and you have never skimped on the candy or, most importantly, on the ice cream.
Been a customer for 44 years and hope to be for 44 more!!!
MaidenCove07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaidenCove07 For This Useful Post:
Reilly (04-26-2013), surfnsnow (02-27-2013), trfour (02-27-2013)
Old 03-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #45
KPW

Quote:
My biggest concern as a customer would be if there were hot water at the required temperature and quantity for the cleaning of food service equipment and employee hygiene. These are not random numbers but are well recognized as necessary to prevent some really ugly situations.
It was only one day!!
KPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #46
NHBUOY

THIS is a thread that should be "moderated" away.
NHBUOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #47
NBR

Default Kellerhaus

Let me think. Boiler goes out no parts off the shelf. Must wait for parts. Maybe the boiler needs to be replaced. But we should get after the business when we dn't have a clue regarding the circumstances.

GIVE ME AND THE BUSINESS A BREAK!
NBR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NBR For This Useful Post:
Reilly (04-26-2013)
Old 04-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #48
Merrymeeting

Nice article about the Dutton's in the latest Laker Home magazine.

http://www.libertymedianh.org/Lakerhome/book.swf

page 19
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merrymeeting For This Useful Post:
MaidenCove07 (04-21-2013), Winnigirl (04-22-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #49
fatlazyless

....just a brief reminder.....every Wednesday including today is their $1.09 ice cream cone day.....and they do not skimp on the quality or the size!