Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-18-2006, 08:03 AM   #1
donnamatrix

Default Did Lemon Grass Open Yet?

Did Mike Love's new restaurant, Lemon Grass, open yet? I thought the opening day was yesterday, April 17th, but it still looks like a bit of a construction site over there today!
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:49 PM   #2
Dogg

Default No

It did not yet open.. Due to open this Monday, with 'practice seatings' this weekend. They are going to be open though all day-lunch/dinner. Reservation are suggested from what I hear with only a couple tables being saved for walkins.
Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:41 PM   #3
jniff101

Default opening date

To My understanding Things are comming along but the opening date is still up in the air. the hopeful date is wed april 26. and will only be a "soft opening" w/ reservations only. and for just a little while after that they will be open for dinner only. I'm pretty sure that the reservation topic is the exact opposite. First come first serve is how most of the seating will work except for the two private rooms (which i believe is 8 or more people) and parties of 6 or more. Im looking forward to it!!!!
jniff101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:33 PM   #4
Nhlvrnfla

Default I love the name of the restaurant.

What is the cuisine? It sounds so lovely .....like a very nice Thai restaurant. That would be spectacular......to have a Thai restaurant in the Lakes Region with Mike Love's name attached.

The flavor of lemon grass is so delicate.....

I will look forward to trying it out.
Nhlvrnfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:22 PM   #5
jniff101

Default Lemon Grass is OPEN!!!!

I figured I'd stop by and check the place out and they opened thursday. Let me tell you it is absolutely gorgeous inside. I don't think they have their liquer license yet but I heard by next week they will. I got mikes business card and the number to the restaurent is 253-8100. Let me know how the food is, since I wasn't able to stay and eat.
jniff101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2006, 07:16 PM   #6
skisox24

Default Mike Love Does It Again!

My wife and I visited Lemon Grass on the spur of the moment last evening. Mike Love's wife, Donna, informed us that their liquor license was due to be issued on Monday, so we first visited the state liquor store and purchased a bottle of wine.

The interior design is very warm and welcoming. There are two private rooms for larger parties, one is a Japanese table with pillows for floor seating. The kitchen is open and is situated on one end of the large rectangular room. There is plenty of space between tables for privacy. On the opposite end from the kitchen is a funky bar which will certainly be a great hit this summer. Mike promises a great selection of Sake and other libations.

We ordered two of the three sushi selections and pan seared scallops for appitizers, and we shared the Shrimp in Garlic Sauce entree. Everything was prepared with care and was very tasty. Servings are not huge, but are adequate. Prices are a bit pricey for this region, but are a bargain when compared with Boston or NYC equivalents. Mike Love visited our table before we left and admitted that his choice of cuisine was driven by the void for this food style in the lakes region. All food is organic and fresh. The wasabi is real.....not food colored horseradish. Service was very attentive and friendly. Depending on the local tolerance for the price level, this restaurant should be a winner. We only tried a few of the menu choices and only wish that we could have tried more. We will reserve that adventure for the future.
skisox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:21 PM   #7
tricia1218

Where is Lemon Grass located?
tricia1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:06 AM   #8
Just Wonderin

Default Lemongrass location

It's located on Route 25 in Moultonborough. The building is behind Movie Mania, Century 21, Anthony's Pizza.
Just Wonderin is offline   Reply With Quote