Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-23-2006, 11:46 AM   #1
NHBUOY

I used to eat there many moons ago...Are the steaks as good as they used to be (10-15 years ago!?)...Fill me in.................MOOOooo...
NHBUOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:25 AM   #2
tricia1218

I went to Christmas Island last summer with a couple of people that wanted to try the Prime Rib Buffet. I did not have the buffet, from what my friends said most of the meat was over cooked, which might happen with a buffet. I had the French Onion Soup which was good, but looking at the menu, prices seemed a little high for the type food served.
tricia1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:59 AM   #3
LSBA Joker

Default Christmas Island

The island gets the joker's mezza-mezza rating.

One of my lake neighbors (a man with questionable tastes in ohh so many ways), loves the island. But this is a man who brings his own italian salad dressing everywhere.

If you're looking for quality atmosphere and a melt in your mouth prime rib, look elsewhere. If you're out for a fun night, a decent meal, more than a few beverages, and have mad maggie's cab to get you home, this is the place.
LSBA Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:08 PM   #4
Waterbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSBA Joker
If you're looking for quality atmosphere and a melt in your mouth prime rib, look elsewhere.
1) Where else would you suggest? For "melt in your mouth" prime rib, I mean?

2) What qualifies you to be rating restaurants? (just curious.....)

3) What does LSBA stand for?

And just a "PS" -- shouldn't it have been "The Island", not "The island"? Sounds like you've either been, or are, a "regular" there -- or should I say "Regular"? lol. I say that because of your term "the island"..........

Regards!
Waterbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:03 PM   #5
bobio

steaks are good there. sometimes when its busy the service is slow but always a good atmosphere and the drinks are cold and strong.
bobio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2006, 05:45 AM   #6
LSBA Joker

Talking Christmas Island

Waterbaby,
hmm, what qualifies me? that which qualifies each of us, our own, be it so humble (or not) opinion. For a point of reference, I'm good w/super casual whether that be Pepper's impeccable lobster rolls or a loud night with the mini-me's at the Mug. But for a nice prime rib dinner with the LSBA queen, you'd find me at Church Landing, Coe House, or The Woodshed.

What's LSBA? Lechter's Society of Beer Analysts. It's a loosely knit association of beer drinkers with opinions. I'd venture that you have met our members on occasion. They usually are quite identifiable.

As for "The Island" v. "The island", whilst certainly not a regular, I do regularly go there once a year with fellow Analysts during our male-bonding weekend. During said weekend, we are great customers of Maggies cab service. Our society's only rule being, 'thou shall not get thee 'pinched' whilst under the influence lest ye shall be placed under close spousal supervision.'

Hope I answered your questions and possibly led you to (re)indoctrinate yourself into our group.
Das Joker

(Free your mind, your butt will follow)
LSBA Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 02:46 PM   #7
Mee-n-Mac

Default Supervison

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSBA Joker
{snip} Our society's only rule being, 'thou shall not get thee 'pinched' whilst under the influence lest ye shall be placed under close spousal supervision.'
Can I infer that if not "pinched" then you're not under close spousal supervision ? If I'm correct then may I ask 2 questions ....

1) How did your society manage to work this miracle ?

2) How does one join ?