Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-17-2005, 01:47 PM   #1
Jameside

Default Gilligans in Moultonborough - was the Moultonborough Inn

Just wanted to share with folks that the Moultonborough Inn has a new owner and is now called Gilligans. I didn't eat in the restaurant, only visited the bar area. I met the new owners. They own another business in Gilford...they're planning to keep the existing menu for awhile but will make changes over time.

The bar area has been completely redone. There is a large rectangular shaped oak bar, ceramic tile floor, recessed lighting, couple of tvs - very bright and nice looking. The pool table and jukebox are still there. Friendly atmosphere.

A few folks that were eating at the bar said the food was good.
Jameside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:50 PM   #2
phoenix

was this where Maurice's was
Old 11-17-2005, 04:04 PM   #3
Jameside

Yes - that's the place. I have been around since it was the Moultonborough Inn and always seem to refer to it that way!
Jameside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:53 PM   #4
phoenix

actually ate there last mother's day and they had a good buffet and seems from their ad's that they had a different buffet every night. food was good and prices very reasonable. Not the first time this spot has changed hands so will be interesting if this owner can make it go
Old 12-26-2005, 06:51 PM   #5
Cookie

Thumbs down Bad Everything

We went to check it out for our first visit what a turn off, Clearly a slow night how ever it took a long time to dig out all our food from the freezer! No taste the crab cakes were the worst ever after two bites no more thinking usally a server concerned would notice all the food left and ask stuffed mushrooms samething. Maybe she was to sidetracked by her trashy mouth friends shooting pool, who clearly had been overserved,How ever she did offer them free pizza! I can handle a bar atmosphere but when there are children present, I think a bartender could control things especially where they were clearly friends.
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2005, 07:40 AM   #6
Gilligan

Exclamation Public DISCLAIMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameside
Just wanted to share with folks that the Moultonborough Inn has a new owner and is now called Gilligans.
Please take note that I have no involvement with this establishment that shares my name. I have no affiliation or association either direct or indirect with the Inn, it's financiers, its owners, managers or employees.

My restaurant and bar experience is strictly as a patron. I do not work (WORK!) wait a minute, work (WORK!) was discussed in a different thread.

Good luck to the business but remember, me and that place have no relationship.

Happy New Year to all (except maybe Osama and a select few others).
Old 01-09-2006, 11:48 AM   #7
dpg

Had a sister eat at Gilligians a couple weeks ago. She said it was "O.K." nothing to write home about as she put it.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:08 AM   #8
Just Wonderin

Thumbs up Gilligan's In Moultonborough

Well, from the sounds of all the previous posts (the latest post was January '06) I think Gilligan's has come a long way. We stopped in for dinner the other night to see what the new place was like. It was actually very good! We were quite surprised. We always felt the past few restaurants in that location were mediocre at best but we really enjoyed our dinner. They had a single lobster dinner for $14.95 and a twin Lobster dinner for $24.95. They didn't just throw a lobster on the plate. It was a very nice presentation and the lobster was done to perfection. Instead of the basic choice of fries or rice pilaf, we had a choice of fries, onion rings, garlic mashed, scalloped potatoes, rice, and I'm sure I'm leaving out a few more options.

We went again a week or so later for lunch just to see if our view was warranted. I had the butterball blast. It's a turkey wrap. It wasn't deli turkey, it was really sliced turkey breast with stuffing and cranberry sauce. It could be served heated or cold. I had it heated and it was excellent.

We had an outstanding waitress named Brenda. She really made the entire experience even more enjoyable!

If you tried Gilligans over the winter and weren't to thrilled, give it another shot, I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised!

The entire inside of the restaurant has been renovated as well. It's got a fun atmosphere now too!
Just Wonderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:35 AM   #9
phoenix

we had dinner one Friday in May and had clams. Not too good. All breading and little clams