Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-02-2006, 10:51 PM   #1
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Lyon's Den --New name, new thread

Lyons Den, formerly Townsend Tavern, formerly Gretchen's, is open in Glendale, overlooking the Gilford Town Docks and the Marine Patrol building. Tonight, the Phattened Gourmet and his wife and another couple ventured there for supper.

We started off in the bar area in the right rear of the building. After a drink, we went out into the dining room for dinner. Note the entire building is non-smoking, including the bar area.

Phattened and the other guy had tenderloin tips, his well-done, Phattened's medium, served with rice and mixed veggies, and cooked to perfection. The ladies had Chicken Nicole (chicken breast with artichoke hearts) and Filet Mignon, also cooked to perfection. Very tasty all the way around.

Entrees seemed to run in the $16-22 range.

Dessert: Chocolate Volcano...a chocolate cupcake filled with chocolate sauce and two scoops of vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce drizzled over the plate. Excellent. Strawberry Cheesecake, hold the strawberry's said the other guy, and likewise was excellent. Brownie Sundae, and again two scoops of ice cream and very good.

Phattened and group rates it two thumbs up and well worth the trip. Met Mrs Lyons and was very cordial and thanked us for coming in. They do have early bird specials from 4:30 to 6 on Tues - Friday (I think I have the days right). Service was very nice. Restaurant was quiet tonight. Total bill came to $120. Servings were not skimpy, and did I mention the food was excellent!!!!!

Would we go back???? Phattened and phriends voted 4-0 in favor of a return visit.

PS: no website yet, but hopefully one will be forthcoming... I did mention to Mrs. Lyons that once they have a website, post a link on Winni.com for all to see.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:00 AM   #2
Phantom

Gilford Town docks? I take it that it accessible by water then?
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
jrc

It is right at the Glendale docks. You can only use dock 1B to eat at the restaurant. Here are the rules from the town:

http://www.gilfordnh.org/Public_Docu...rdNH_DPW/docks
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 07:50 PM   #4
CHSLTD

Thumbs up Lyon's Den

Steak tips are to die for!
CHSLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 05:48 PM   #5
KennyOfTheLake

Thumbs up Lyon's Den: a new favorite

My wife and I went here for the first time last Saturday night and we had a great dinner. This restaurant has DEFINITELY moved to our favorites list. We were both in the mood for steak, and we each had almost the same meal: house salad with bleu cheese, filet mignon with mushroom sauce, mixed seasonal vegetables, so I'm sorry I can't talk about the variety, but at least we differed on our potatoes. And wow, I have to tell you, everything was, in our opinion, as good as it gets. Cooked perfectly and delicious.

We had a great small table near the window and watched the hearty souls fishing off Glendale (many!). The restaurant filled up but never felt crowded. I was pleased to see that my wife's glass of wine and my martini were adequately sized (one of my pet peeves...). Even the mixed vegetables were special: crisp and buttery with a mystery vegetable that I thought was summer squash and my wife thought was water chestnut, but our waiter told us was yellow carrot... nice!

It's so great to see a new restaurant start up and do so many things right.

We have to agree with upthesaukee. We're going back!
KennyOfTheLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2006, 07:17 AM   #6
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Thumbs up Lyons Den

My wife and I have been to Lyons Den several times.. the owners are both very nice.

Food was GREAT.... the menu is varied enough that anyone in your group can find something.

Love the place for lunch... white tablecloths.. nice view and very reasonable prices... try the Chilli!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #7
SAUGUS BOATER

Thumbs up Lyons Den

My family and I ate at the Lyons Den In June while on vacation and the place was great. No wait, food was unbelievable. The owner came out and spoke with us for awhile and was very friendly. Great Buffalo wings.

You probably won't run into too many crazy boaters around this place , as it seems to be a good place for the marine patrol to eat lunch, and the tables have a great view of the incoming boat traffic to the Glendale docks.
SAUGUS BOATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:53 AM   #8
SteveA
Deceased Member

looks like two guys from Saugus have the same taste... I grew up in Saugus... moved here 20 years ago

PS... I miss santoro's !!!!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:30 PM   #9
SAUGUS BOATER

Gotta love sub villa steve. Hopefully i'll be able to move up to the lake sometime in the next 20 years myself!!!
SAUGUS BOATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:32 PM   #10
SteveA
Deceased Member

Default Lyon's Den Tonight

made myself crazy... after typing about Lyon's Den, so I went there tonight.

I have family up to visit.... went there for dinner... ( or Suppa as we say in New Hampshire)

Place is really great... staff, food..view.... wonderful

We had 6 for dinner... vote was 6-0 for Lyon's Den....

SteveA