Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #1
Lakewinniboater

Default UPPER DECK/ Joe Green's

I have to say that after many trips and lots of money spent at the UPPER DECK, I will not be spending any more of my hard earned dollars.

I have always overlooked the mediocre food because of the view, decent bartenders and waitstaff, location to town docks and air conditioned game room.

However, Chris the Manager was so incredibly rude and uneducated as to how to settle issues, that I will no longer be a customer of theirs.

Long story short.....they are losing at least $200 a week or so from me and my guests. From now on it will be a short walk to Wolfe Trap or Wolfeboro Inn
Old 07-11-2006, 03:15 PM   #2
camp guy

Default Upper Deck/Joe Green's

Thank you for saying publically what many people know privately. My guess is that Joe Green's has a lot of first time business (for the very reasons you state), but not a lot of second time business (for the very reasons you also state). Thank you, and, please, no need to further bash this restaurant.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
Lakewinniboater

Default in my honest opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp guy
Thank you for saying publically what many people know privately. My guess is that Joe Green's has a lot of first time business (for the very reasons you state), but not a lot of second time business (for the very reasons you also state). Thank you, and, please, no need to further bash this restaurant.
unfortunately, in my honest opinion, we were treated SO HORRIFICALLY that I will scream it from the roof tops to anyone that will listen!!!!!

I am a huge believer in customer service. I set the bar very high for myself and our employees. Therefore, when I receive such outwardly horrible treatment... I take action.

I speak to literally 100's of people per week in my business and many more on my private time. The idea of make someone happy and they tell a few people.... make someone upset and then tell 20 or more, rings true in my life.

I have put a call into the owner.... doubt I will get any response. I will continue to let others know about the experience in detail. Especially, when asked where to go on the Lake.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:01 PM   #4
secondcurve

Lakewinniboater:

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I haven't been there in a while as the place has seen better days. That being said, I have always found Chris and his help to be adequate. You may also want to consider Garwoods. It has a nice bar area, good food and wonderful views of the lake from the back deck. Plus it is a short walk from the boat docks, barely any further than Jo Greens. I hope you enjoy your next Wolfeboro visit more than your last.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:42 PM   #5
jrc

My wife loves the food choice at Joe Green's lot's of roll-ups and veggies(we've never been up to the Upper Deck) The service has always been adequate. Sometimes a minor missed order or a little extra delay, nothing usual for a seasonal place. We haven't been yet this year so I don't know if things have gone downhill.

LWB, if I can pry a little more info. Was this a service issue, a food issue or a money issue?

BTW we also love Garwoods. I just wish they had a few more items on the menu. Some days their air conditioned dining room is the perfect heat retreat.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2006, 07:53 PM   #6
Heaven

A little longer walk north on Main Street, but very do-able, would bring you to Full Beli Deli which has outstanding hot or cold Deli sandwiches and perhaps the best service in town (they do get crammed at lunchtime), and to Baby Cakes near the bottom of Mill street which has really good breakfast items like fruit & nut pancakes and benidicts.
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:59 PM   #7
fpartri497

Default upper deck

My wife and I had a very enjoyable lunch there today about 4 .0 p.m. only four other customers, not busy at the time but food and service was very good.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:49 AM   #8
Lakewinniboater

Default Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc
My wife loves the food choice at Joe Green's lot's of roll-ups and veggies(we've never been up to the Upper Deck) The service has always been adequate. Sometimes a minor missed order or a little extra delay, nothing usual for a seasonal place. We haven't been yet this year so I don't know if things have gone downhill.

LWB, if I can pry a little more info. Was this a service issue, a food issue or a money issue?

BTW we also love Garwoods. I just wish they had a few more items on the menu. Some days their air conditioned dining room is the perfect heat retreat.
Unfortunately, the service and the Manager being exceedingly rude. I would be more than happy to share the whole story if you want to email me. lakewinniboater@aol.com

Where is Garwoods... we would love to give them a try
Old 07-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #9
Lakewinniboater

Default Thanks for the advice

thank you all for the other options! I have never tried any of them. Any chance we can get everyone to pipe up on their favorite places and LOCATION.

I would love to try them all!!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 06:03 AM   #10
secondcurve

Default Garwoods

Wendy:

Tie up your boat at the town docks and walk toward Jo Greens as you normal would. Walk past Jo Greens to get to the main road that runs through Wolfeboro. Take a left on the main road and walk about 75-100 yards over the little bridge in downtown Wolfeboro and Garwoods will be just after the bridge on your left. The back bar looks out on the lake and the back patio is right on the lake. Give it a try and let me know what you think. I am pretty sure you will like the place. I think it is a little more expensive, but you will get good quality food and atmosphere. Good Luck
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:14 AM   #11
camp guy

Default Restaurant - Garwood's in Wolfeboro

Garwood's has dock space available right on the water outside their waterside deck, limited, but it is also not far from the Wolfeboro Town docks.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:50 AM   #12
Lakewinniboater

Default Thank You

Cost is much less of an issue than service quality and atmosphere.

THank you so much for the input. We are heading up for vacation right now and will let you know how it all goes.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:45 PM   #13
redc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewinniboater
The idea of make someone happy and they tell a few people.... make someone upset and then tell 20 or more, rings true in my life.
Having been self employed my whole life, since I was 16 (yes literally), I have always said that a happy customer might tell one or two people about a great experience with a business, but an unhappy one will tell everybody who will listen, and a few people who dont want to listen. I will not try Joe Greens after reading this post
redc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:21 PM   #14
KonaChick

We've been fairly regular customers of Jo's for several years now and have never had a problem. The only bad sitation we've ever had there is once last year we had to wait a really long time for our food...albeit the restaurant was crowded. We were just there over the 4th with friends and the service couldn't have been better or more attentive. The food was great also..my friends split the quesadilla platter..they said it was delish and the portions were HUGE. I'm not questioning anyone's bad experience, just giving my own personal review. Speaking on that subject we were at another very popular and well reviewed restaurant last weekend and a mouse came running down the hallway straight at our table! After screams from the women ( I know I just fed into every stereotype and women and mice) the mouse ran around our table a few times then retreated back down the hallway. The waitress came back wondering what was wrong..we told her and redfaced she walked away. We figured she'd be back with the manager or something.. nope...an offer of free dessert maybe?? NADA, ZERO, ZILCH!! we left and I'll never go back. Now, some people LOVE this place and mouse or not wouldn't think of boycotting! I guess I'm saying for every bad review there are usually ten good. Try someplace out for yourself and then decide. Be your own judge and jury.
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:31 PM   #15
camp guy

Default UPPER DECK/Joe Green's

Here, here, KonaChick, well said, and very true. An opinion is just that, an opinion.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:36 PM   #16
Kevin C

Quote:
We figured she'd be back with the manager or something.. nope...an offer of free dessert maybe?? NADA, ZERO, ZILCH!!
Konachick....Would you really want to eat a free desert after that ? Yuccckkkk !!

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Author Unknown.
Kevin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:26 AM   #17
KonaChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin C
Konachick....Would you really want to eat a free desert after that ? Yuccckkkk !!
No Kevin...especially because while walking out we noticed the dessert special on the menu board was chocolate "mouse"!!
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:18 AM   #18
Lakewinniboater

Default I whole heartedly agree!

I whole heartedly agree that everyone has their own opinion. I guess my issue is with the completed arrogance and rudeness of the MANAGER that contributed to my being upset.

however, we are on vacation this week and trying all of our fav's. Garwoods was definitely better than Joe's, as well as, Ellacoya grill and the Woodshed having wonderful experiences. Waldo Peppers always a great stop for lunch as well.

Ejoy the rest of your summer..... by the way, STILL waiting for a return call from the owner of Joe's/UpperDeck!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 11:39 AM   #19
RGA645

Talking try 51 Mill St

If you are in the Wolfboro area try 51 Mill Street, at of course 51 Mill Street just down from the Full Belly Deli, they are open for lunch and dinner - great service and wonderful food.
RGA645 is offline   Reply With Quote