Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Has anyone been to his new restaurant LEMON GRASS? It’s tucked in behind Anthony’s Pizza on RT 25 in Moultonborough.

WINNOCTURN
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:57 PM   #2
Resident 2B

Default Bob??

I have not been to Lemon Grass yet, but I will go there as soon as I can. Everything the Love's do works great, in my opinion.

I believe the Chef/Owner is Mike Love, not Bob Love.

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 06:03 AM   #3
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts

You may have missed THIS THREAD
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:46 AM   #4
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident 2B

R2B
I stand corrected.

WINNOCTURN
Old 05-12-2006, 07:32 PM   #5
Newbiesaukee

Default Review

We ate there tonight for the first time. The restaurant was almost full, but we were taken promptly to our table by a friendly hostess for our 6:30 reservation. The space is lovely with a warm full service bar and a sushi bar. Tables are far enough apart to enjoy conversation. The menu is large and varied. Appetizers run from 6-9 dollars, soups and salads $3.50-6; entrees 16-20. Portions we saw were fine...not too large nor too small. Appetizers, expectedly, emphasized fish and seafood, entrees included meat, chicken as well as sea specialties. We had excellent calamari with Saigon slaw and three dipping sauces, Thai mussels, Tuna Martini ( ginger, lemongrass, tobiko ) as well as a spicy salmon roll. All were excellent, only quibble was the crispy rice noodles with the Martini were so crispy as to be difficult to eat. We did not order an entree as we were stuffed. Desserts, as one would expect from Donna Love, looked delicious and we shared a frozen coconut souffle...the only problem being we wanted more. All desserts are $6.00. Our waitress was knowledgeable, efficient and really seemed to care that we enjoyed ourselves, which we did. We only have two concerns. Lemon Grass will be so busy we won't be able to get a reservation and, more seriously, we hope the restaurant food and service stays consistent. With Mike and Donna's professionalism and experience this should not be a problem. Finally, we have no relationship to either the owners or anyone at the restaurant. We just like good food and a pleasant dining experience.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2006, 08:47 PM   #6
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident 2B
I have not been to Lemon Grass yet, but I will go there as soon as I can. Everything the Love's do works great, in my opinion.

R2B
Mike Love is/was the lead singer for the BEACH BOYS. Am I dating myself?

WINNOCTURN
Old 05-13-2006, 11:50 AM   #7
BlackCatIslander

Default Any meat on the menu?

Just curious, does the menu have anything for non sushi and fish enthusiasts? We like shrimp and scallops but are wondering if the menu has any entrees with meat.
BlackCatIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:38 PM   #8
Newbiesaukee

Actually, I did mention it above but there are a number of dishes for non-seafood lovers. Chicken,duck,pork and beef entrees as well as non fish salads and soups are on the menu.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:33 PM   #9
BlackCatIslander

Default Sorry, I skimmed too fast

You did mention meat and chicken, but with most of your post about the various seafood items and the delicious deserts I missed it. I am looking forward to enjoying a meal there this week.
BlackCatIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:41 AM   #10
tomboymom

Whatever you do, don't forsake dessert.
tomboymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:09 AM   #11
Smitty1

Default LemonGrass

Is LemonGrass open for lunch or just dinner?

Thanks!

Smitty
Smitty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 05:52 PM   #12
skisox24

Default lunch at Lemongrass

I believe Mike told my husband and I that Lemongrass may possibly be open for lunch in the summer....
skisox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:43 AM   #13
JDeere

Default Wow!!!!

We ate at Lemon Grass and all I can say is wow! The appetizers were fantastic as were the martinis’ I think ours were called blushing geisha. The service was friendly and very attentive. When our dinners arrived one of the dinners felt something was a little undercooked and the server whisked the dinner away and prepared a new dinner instead just cooking the undercooked dinner. New dinner was back in a flash with apologies and an offer of drinks or desert for our inconvenience. Absolutely first class way to handle what was a minor problem.

As far as desert goes I think we all know how great that was.

All in all a 5 star review from us. We are lucky to have a restaurant like this anywhere in the lake region.

Almost hate to post it this since a table in the summer will indeed be prized acquisition.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:10 PM   #14
Hermit Cover

Default Lemon Grass Hours?

Perhaps I missed it on another thread....when is this restaurant open...7 days?? Hours?? Reservations a must for small parties...2 0r 4?? Anxious to try it.
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 05:11 PM   #15
JDeere

Default Not sure

I am not sure of the hours but they are taking reservations but plan to stop that in the summer.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:43 AM   #16
tomboymom

Default Contact info

Lemongrass 253-8100. Reservations, even for a party of two, are recommended (it has been very busy the past two Friday nights when we have dined there).

Mr. TBM agrees with JDeere that tables will be hard to come by in the summer. It is terrific, and the word has spread.
tomboymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:18 PM   #17
Hermit Cover

Smile Really fine....

Mike and Donna Love have created what seems to be a new sensation and it is wonderful. The appetizers...excellent. The entrees were really, really tasty...perfectly prepared, flavored, and presented. And the deserts...also very well done as always. It was a full house when we arrived and the tables were loaded with of lotsa smilin' happy people' including several families with youngins'....The service was prompt, polite, and professional and our celebration was completed by a wonderful dining experience......oh, it was our 35th anniv. and what a great place to spend an evening out.
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:12 PM   #18
Pepper

HC and Mrs. HC - so glad your Celebratory Dinner was all that you hoped it would be!

HAPPY 35th ANNIVERSARY!

Old 06-02-2006, 02:04 PM   #19
Fishy Cover

Default Lemongrass

After hearing so many praises the wife and I decided to try it. We give the Service an A++: prompt, attentive and courteous. We were less satisfied with the food-- the sauces were fully flavored and overwhelmed the main ingredients. I love spicy food but prefer it when the sauce compliments the main ingredients, not when the sauce is the main flavor. I also was expecting Vietnamese or Thai cuisine and the menu seemed to me to be pan-asian, too many combinations of different cuisines. So I give the food a B. Ambience gets a C+, just a big open room. The outside is a mess but this is not the restaurant's fault.

Lastly, I thought that the prices were unrealistically high: it was $101 for two meals and 4 drinks. I don't mind paying more than $100 for the two of us if it is something special, but this was not as far as our tastes are concerned.
Fishy Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:33 PM   #20
jniff101

Default I Beg To Differ!!!!

I have to say, I am more than surprised by the last comment that was made. I as well had heard many positive things about Lemon Grass so therefore my husband and I couldn't resist paying a visit. Let me tell you I had a completely different experience! As soon as we walked into the restaurant we couldn't believe how gorgeous the place was. Yes I did notice that it was more of an open room than smaller rooms, but to my understanding the idea was an OPEN KITCHEN concept and how else would you get that if there was a wall between you and the kitchen. I really enjoyed the ambience, I almost forgot that I was still in Moultonboro New Hampshire.

We also felt that the food was out of this world. As far as I knew the menu was supposed to be pan-asian so I guess you hit it right on the nose when you said that. It's so nice to know that there is finally a different kind of restaurant around here that is so enjoyable. We also felt that the prices were very reasonable. Considering the fact that all of the ingredients used are organic the prices are excellent. What I think of is when I go to the grocery store and compare the prices from organic to regular food, the difference is qiute substantial. And the prices are right on the menu so you know what your spending before you get your bill. I did notice that there is not one item on the menu that exceeds twenty dollars, which is rare for such an excellent restaurant.

I guess that there is one comment that I have to agree with 100 percent, the service. As soon as I walked in I was warmly greeted and seated right away. Our server was very helpful and professional, and made our visit that much more enjoyable. I know for a factr that my husband and I would definately recommend visiting Lemon Grass, I know we will again and again. To close, driving up to the restaurant I was looking to see how the outside looked because being familiar with the previous business I found it hard to believe that Mike could turn the outside of the building from boring and unwelcoming to beautiful and orgainized which is exactly what he did. The landscaping was beautiful and i saw that the driveway was recently paved.
jniff101 is offline   Reply With Quote