Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-15-2005, 04:11 PM   #1
donnamatrix

Default Green Ginger in Tilton-New Restaurant

We went to this place in Tilton (where Woodworker's used to be, next to Shaw's, across from Tanger Outlets). DON'T BOTHER. It was not worth it. The Shu Mai were the frozen fish-ball type things you can buy in an oriental market in Portsmouth or Boston. Ugh. The eggrolls and fried rice had zero flavor. The Kung Pao Chicken was fair, although a little too spicy, and we adore spicy food. All in all, your money is better spent in Tilton at the little Thai restaurant down behind the Tilt'n Diner (next to Dunkin Donuts). The food at the Thai restaurant is wonderful, fresh, always a hit. Or, if you're in Gilford/Laconia, go to Peking Tokyo.

The owners of Green Ginger spent a fortune on the interior design, marble, etc., but should have opted for a better chef.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 05:08 PM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Just from experience...if I have a bad experience with a new restaurant, I will give them a second chance, but we'll wait a month or two. Hopefully it will be better by then. I don't know how long they have been open, but it can take a little bit to get the rough spots smoothed out.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:44 PM   #3
fatlazyless

Too bad about the Green Ginger....sorry to hear. Like....at the Green Dragon in Ashland...the decor is extremely plain....similar to a Boston China Town restaurant...but so far the food has been excellent. Think I'll go have another left-over piece of sweet & sour chicken......yum!
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 08:24 AM   #4
fatlazyless

...like what type of a name for a restaurant is Green Ginger? It sounds like a sick horse or something... ...whinnnneyyyyy.....neeeeeiiiiigghgghhhhhh......u gh!

If one could buy stock in the Green Dragon now as a start-up, I think I would probably buy it. It has an easy-to remmber name, and immediately identifies it as a chinese restaurant. It has an excellent location with high visibility and is located between the Meredith Village Savings Bank, the Cumberland Farms, Ashland Insurance, the Ash Hardware, Bob's Shurfine, the Ashland Artists, the Ashland Florist, Comman Man Restaurant, and Common Man Country Store. All are stocked to the ceiling successfull long time businesses and all excell in their sector. Immediately next door to the Green Dragon are two vacant store fronts. It has one male chinese owner-operator-manager who is there.

The Green Dragon-Ashland......go there for the food!

Sorry to get all carried away from your Green Ginger post but what the hey...
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote