Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Thumbs up Kudos to Lakes Region clubs!!

This was posted on www.slednh.com this morning. It's nice to here some thing good once in a while!

I rode around the lake yesterday and 95% of the ride was FABULOUS! All the trails were in great shape except for the few areas that seem to always be lacking. This was the first time I have actually been able to get away and enjoy a (day) of riding and I did enjoy it. I just want to pass on to all the clubs within the lakes region loop, Ossipee, evergreen valley ,powder mill, mt major, Gilmanton,laconia,gilford,Meredith,moultonboro all had great trails .THANK YOU! One thing I need to point out is that I was able to ride the entire loop without a map. This is something I am trying to get everyone to understand. There are people out there that do not always carry everyone’s map with them and it is very frustrating when you’re not familiar with an area and there is no signage that helps point the directions to where they want to be or go. I had no problems with this loop and that makes it that much more enjoyable.

Last weekend I had a different experience where since I had never been there and did not have a map though I new all the towns around me and what Corridors I was supposed to be within, all the trails were marked as club trail names and numbers not towns, not corridor with proper headings, loop this loop that, clubhouse this way etc. When the public goes riding it is so much nicer to see for example if you want to put club trail X then have it followed by to rumney or to corridor 24 ,etc. I really find this a safety issue as people are getting lost running out of gas and stressing out on the trails. NOT ENJOYABLE!!!

Again thank you much,

Michael S.Weeks

Area Supervisor District Two

New Hampshire Bureau of Trails
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WINNOCTURN For This Useful Post:
jeffk (02-07-2009), RLW (02-07-2009), Senter Cove Guy (02-07-2009), trfour (02-07-2009)