Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2022, 12:32 PM   #1
trfour

Exclamation 2nd BOOSTER SHOT

I will be getting my second Booster shot here at the VA. So far So good, no side effects, and that includes a flu shot with my first Booster.

Stay well Y'all,
Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
Old 03-19-2022, 02:27 PM   #2
TheTimeTraveler

I believe those who are immune compromised have now had the ability to receive four Covid shots. Two regular shots, and one booster after five months, and the second booster after three months.

I think the immune compromised will be getting additional booster shots every three months from here on out...

It looks like Covid will be around in some shape or form from here on out, and keeping shots up to date will be the best protection for everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheTimeTraveler For This Useful Post:
trfour (03-19-2022)
Old 03-19-2022, 02:37 PM   #3
John Mercier

More than likely. It keeps circulating and mutating even outside the US and transmitting here. We have heard rumors of fastener (nail) shortages due to Covid of outbreaks overseas.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post:
trfour (03-19-2022)
Old 03-19-2022, 08:00 PM   #4
LoveLakeLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfour View Post
I will be getting my second Booster shot here at the VA. So far So good, no side effects, and that includes a flu shot with my first Booster.

Stay well Y'all,

Terry
Y’all? Are you southern, Terry?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 03-19-2022, 09:52 PM   #5
trfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLakeLife View Post
Y’all? Are you southern, Terry?]
Let's see, all over Mass, California, Vermont, Cape Breton Island, N.S., Paugus Bay, Laconia, and retired or stuck in Texas.

But, I will be moving to Cape Breton Island, Canada N.S.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2022, 07:37 PM   #6
fatlazyless

Default Jim-A.T. thru hiker tests positive for covid

Watching this self-narrated video of an Appalachian Trail thru-hiker named Jim who tested positive for Covid at a CVS on day #41, Sunday and Monday March 20 & 21 2022, near Marion, North Carolina as he was hiking north-bound will maybe motivate you to get a fourth vaccination shot.

It sure as hell is MOTIVAT'N to me! .....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXBofV8V218 ..... 6:26 ...... March 21, 2022

Is kind of STUNNING ...... 1st day, March 20 was cough-cough ...... 2nd day, March 21 was hoarse voice ...... 3rd day is tomorrow, Tuesday March 22 is unknown ..... It really stinks when your body lets you down.

Good health to you, Jim ...... hope you beat the Covid, get well fast and do not drop dead from inability to breath! ..... (yikes)

Last edited by fatlazyless; 03-22-2022 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-24-2022, 03:02 PM   #7
SailinAway

Not mentioned in the video: Guy gets sick, thinks "it's probably not Covid," then hitchhikes into town, most likely passing Covid to the fellow who gave him a ride, and probably also to the hotel staff. Not smart. There actually is a lot of contact among people on the Appalachian Trail, so no reason to think he didn't have Covid and he probably passed it on to others.
Old 03-24-2022, 07:05 PM   #8
Winnisquamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Not mentioned in the video: Guy gets sick, thinks "it's probably not Covid," then hitchhikes into town, most likely passing Covid to the fellow who gave him a ride, and probably also to the hotel staff. Not smart. There actually is a lot of contact among people on the Appalachian Trail, so no reason to think he didn't have Covid and he probably passed it on to others.

If the person who gave him a hitch got his 2 vaccines plus his booster he shouldn’t catch it right?!?!
Old 04-04-2022, 06:04 AM   #9
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Watching this self-narrated video of an Appalachian Trail thru-hiker named Jim who tested positive for Covid

Is kind of STUNNING ...... 1st day, March 20 was cough-cough ...... 2nd day, March 21 was hoarse voice ...... 3rd day is tomorrow, Tuesday March 22 is unknown ..... It really stinks when your body lets you down.
On or about April 1, 2022 ....... Jim, trail name JC , wrote in a reply in the comments below his You Tube Video 'AT Day 41':

"Hi Wimhof. I am finally testing negative and feeling generally better although I do not have nearly my normal energy back yet. Now that I know I will not be doing the trail in a straight shot, I am planning to do sections over the next couple of years and to finish it that way. For me, Covid was pretty severe and I am glad that I was able to get off trail quickly and get healthy. I know it has been different for everyone .... I figure my diminishing immunity from the stress of hiking and weight loss along with my age (~60) were factors. Anyway, thanks for asking and for your interest (and anyone else's)!!"
Old 04-09-2022, 03:09 PM   #10
trfour

Exclamation

There’s an uptick in U.S. vaccinations, and older Americans are the reason.
Average vaccinations have increased each of the past 9 days, the first time that’s happened this year.

https://www.nbcnews.com/data-graphic...r-am-rcna23625

Old 04-26-2022, 04:28 AM   #11
fatlazyless

Hooray for the CVS in Plymouth, NH ........ is possible and easy to get same day or next day 2nd booster shot, aka 4th vaccination on your CDC vaccination card ..... but you need to make an appointment via www.cvs.com to get it.
trfour (04-26-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 05:50 AM   #12
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Watching this self-narrated video of an Appalachian Trail thru-hiker named Jim who tested positive for Covid at a CVS on day #41, Sunday and Monday March 20 & 21 2022, near Marion, North Carolina as he was hiking north-bound will maybe motivate you to get a fourth vaccination shot.

It sure as hell is MOTIVAT'N to me! .....

Good health to you, Jim ...... hope you beat the Covid, get well fast and do not drop dead from inability to breath! ..... (yikes)
Well, well, what do you know, this thru-hiker on the Appalachian Trail named Jim who caught the Covid virus somewhere south to Marion, North Carolina on or about March 20, 2022 in a crowded A.T. over night shelter or somewhere....... www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NAXlZlCiBo ..... he mentions in this follow-up video from April 26, 2022 that he is from New Hampshire and he has recovered enough, despite a new heart beating, pericarditis, Covid related problem, to return to hiking the A.T. as a section hiker.

And, he mentions that he was vaccinated so despite his Covid congestion/illness being very bad, and taking one month plus to recover, it could have been much worse.

So, three cheers for you, buddy ..... way-to-go!

Pericarditis ..... http://www.heart.org/en/health-topic...s-pericarditis

Last edited by fatlazyless; 04-28-2022 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:26 AM   #13
Boatbottom952
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
I believe those who are immune compromised have now had the ability to receive four Covid shots. Two regular shots, and one booster after five months, and the second booster after three months.

I think the immune compromised will be getting additional booster shots every three months from here on out...

It looks like Covid will be around in some shape or form from here on out, and keeping shots up to date will be the best protection for everyone.

My Primary is saying NO. They are not even sure it works. He's suggestion to wait a few more months. COVID is over! CNN and MSNBC and the Whitehouse want to keep it around more so they can control and divide the Country some more before the Mid-terms. LOL, don't they have a scalackin coming.
Old 05-01-2022, 02:56 PM   #14
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatbottom952 View Post
My Primary is saying NO. They are not even sure it works. He's suggestion to wait a few more months. COVID is over! CNN and MSNBC and the Whitehouse want to keep it around more so they can control and divide the Country some more before the Mid-terms. LOL, don't they have a scalackin coming.
A paid subscription is NOT needed to see this: ..... http://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/03/...-cases-vaccine .... March 29, 2022: 'Covid News: U.S. Health Officials Clear Second Booster for Those 50 and Older'

March 30, 2022: Washington D.C.; Joe Biden receives his second booster ..... http://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-co...ose-covid-gov/ ... taking his vaccination with a BIG SMILE inside the White House ...... .
Old 05-01-2022, 03:35 PM   #15
FlyingScot

Quote:
It's reasonable to wait on a fourth while the infection rates are low and a person may not have much exposure. But they are "sure it works", and the whole country is sure that covid is not a political winner for Democrats. So let's cut the misinformation.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
JanN (05-03-2022), Lakegeezer (05-01-2022), Newbiesaukee (05-01-2022), Pine Island Guy (05-02-2022), SailinAway (05-06-2022), trfour (05-01-2022), upthesaukee (05-01-2022)
Old 05-15-2022, 07:50 PM   #16
TheProfessor

Quote:
COVID is over! CNN and MSNBC and the Whitehouse want to keep it around more so they can control and divide the Country.
Exactly.

Join in to the conversation here: LINK

Here you will find brothers and sisters who share a similar idiom.
Old 05-15-2022, 09:49 PM   #17
John Mercier

I won't be able to get a fourth until June... but I may wait until later in the fall so that my immunity lasts through the winter.

Just have to find out if flu and covid can be had at the same time.
Old 05-15-2022, 10:24 PM   #18
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
I won't be able to get a fourth until June... but I may wait until later in the fall so that my immunity lasts through the winter.

The short answer is they may be taken at the same time assuming the guidance will be the same as this flu season.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Old 05-17-2022, 07:52 PM   #19
SailinAway

Quote:

I believe the answer is yes. Pharmacist at RiteAid told me I should not get them at the same time "because it could be too much for the body." I decided to ignore that advice because it was contrary to the CDC information. I got the flu and COVID vaccinations at the same time. I had a very minor, barely noticeable one-day reaction. It was no different from my reaction to the flu vaccination alone in past years or COVID alone. I even had the stronger senior flu dose.
Old 05-22-2022, 01:37 PM   #20
LoveLakeLife

I wouldn’t take medical advice or get an injection from a pharmacist.

Old 05-22-2022, 03:02 PM   #21
John Mercier

First two were from Fire Department EMTs manning the State site.
Booster was from a pharmacist.
Old 05-22-2022, 04:22 PM   #22
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLakeLife View Post
I wouldn’t take medical advice or get an injection from a pharmacist.

Agreed that real medical advice should only be from MD. But these are not your father's pharmacists. CVS, Rite Aid and others are extending their business models to include all sorts of walk-in medical services. They're doing injections all day long. The Minute Clinics at CVS are really convenient for all sorts of stuff, and at least ours is staffed by bright, caring people.

I was dragging my feet on second booster, but with a trip coming up, we got ours at a Minute Clinic last week. Online appointment available almost immediately, no side effects from shot.
Old 05-26-2022, 02:58 PM   #23
SailinAway

Quote:
First two were from Fire Department EMTs manning the State site.
Booster was from a pharmacist.
Some of the most knowledgeable practitioners I've dealt with were nurse practitioners---very up to date, more so than my GP.

I noticed problems with both the National Guard and the pharmacist. National Guard was not practicing distancing. Pharmacist was wearing a substandard mask. On the other hand, I've experienced a fairly large number of errors at various doctors' offices, like taking 3 weeks to inform me after I tested positive for lyme disease last year. So I guess the risk is about the same no matter where you go. I'm just very grateful to have a vaccine so quickly after the start of the pandemic.