Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2015, 08:25 AM   #1
2DAMTS

Default Navigation Help

I'm looking to ride and check out my inlaws camp located on the NE side of Long Island, right past Foley Island by the bridge.

I don't believe there are trails that far out on the neck. I would like to stay off the lake as much as possible considering I will be riding with my fiancé who had little experience riding. The lake has too many big bumps and slush. I figure I will have to use the lake for a short distance out that way. I know Trexlers has open water around the docks and I know by the bridge is not safe.

Is there a trail to get on the lake in Braun bay that I could shoot across, and maybe go up over the public beach right by the bridge to cross Long Island road?

If anyone has any other suggested routes I would love to hear them. Like I said not looking to blast across the entire lake, which would be the easiest and fastest way.

Thanks,
2DAMTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:18 AM   #2
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Thumbs up KONA Trail to Braun Bay or to Far Echo Beach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DAMTS View Post
I'm looking to ride and check out my inlaws camp located on the NE side of Long Island, right past Foley Island by the bridge.

I don't believe there are trails that far out on the neck. I would like to stay off the lake as much as possible considering I will be riding with my fiancé who had little experience riding. The lake has too many big bumps and slush. I figure I will have to use the lake for a short distance out that way. I know Trexlers has open water around the docks and I know by the bridge is not safe.

Is there a trail to get on the lake in Braun bay that I could shoot across, and maybe go up over the public beach right by the bridge to cross Long Island road?

If anyone has any other suggested routes I would love to hear them. Like I said not looking to blast across the entire lake, which would be the easiest and fastest way.

Thanks,
2DAMTS,

You can take the Kona Trial to Braun Bay then run down to the Town Beach at the Long Island Bridge. There should be a "CUT" on both sides of the road.

If you go all the way to Far Echo you will get on the Lake at the Far Echo Beach. Keep an eye out for water flow from Docks.

If you are looking for a nice ride, the trial from the Kona Forest to Far Echo is a better ride than the Lake.

Last edited by WINNOCTURN; 03-06-2015 at 11:05 AM.
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:57 AM   #3
2DAMTS

Default Far Echo

Thanks for the reply and the advice WINNOCTURN! I don't have my trail map with me, I do have a map of the lake, where exactly is Far Echo?
2DAMTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:03 AM   #4
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Quick Trail guide to Far Echo Harbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DAMTS View Post
Thanks for the reply and the advice WINNOCTURN! I don't have my trail map with me, I do have a map of the lake, where exactly is Far Echo?
Quick Trail Guide

Name:  Kona-Far Echo Trail.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  24.3 KB
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WINNOCTURN For This Useful Post:
2DAMTS (03-05-2015)