Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
songkrai

Default Garmin Navteq

So I get new Garmin GPS for automobile. Got one free map update.

This applies to all of you who send/ask people to come and visit using Route 93.

Coming up from Concord/Manchester the Garmin GPS works perfectly. I have the voice model. The nice lady tells me to take exit 23 and turn right onto Route 104. OK.

Once merge into Route 104 the Garmin lady tells me to go straight on Route 132 for 8.x miles. Here is the issue. Route 104 and Route 132 are the same for just a short distance. Route 132 goes to Ashland. So any new visitor has an issue. Go straight for 8.x miles on the road OR follow Route 132. All of us that live here know to go straight to Meredith to Route 3. But any new never been here person may just take Route 132. I did not take Route 132 so not sure if the Garmin lady will tell all to turn around and go back to Route 104.

It is nearly impossible for Garmin to make map changes. It can be done. There is a web site to offer corrections. But like a turtle it takes years for the correction to show up on the actual devices.

Garmin buys all the maps from a company called Navteq.
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to songkrai For This Useful Post:
dayvsea (10-12-2011)
Old 10-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
dayvsea

yah I get the updates as they come out.. but damn if it seems to be the exact same map, with the exact same screwups everytime..