Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #1
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Default Yorkies need a home

These dogs are currently in Malden MA. This is info about them from a facebook friend. (She is posting for a friend of hers)

"As heartbreaking as this is to type I have to do it. We are prepared to give up Tiny and Giant our two year old boy Yorkies that are Sasha’s full bred babies. I am attaching a picture, Giant is on the left, Orion in the middle (we are keeping him!), and Tiny on the right. They look kind of scruffy in this picture but have since had... haircuts and gotten all prettied up. They are healthy, happy, up to date on their shots and LOVE to play. They are essentially two little boys. We just don’t have the time or energy for them and it is a real quality of life issue that we have been struggling with since Orion was born 11 months ago. We love and adore them we just can’t give them the time they need. When we get home from work we only have a small window of time that Orion is awake (until 8:00) and we want to spend that time with him. Thus it is unfair to the boys because they have waited all day in our kitchen for us to get home to take them out and play with them. It is only bound to get worse when our baby girl Dalilah arrives in July. Anyway if you know of anyone that would want both we would LOVE to see them stay together. However, that has proved to be a very difficult task. So we are now willing to separate them and are waiting to hear from our friend in Texas if her condo association will allow Giant to move in – GOD TEXAS is so far away. Please let us know if you would like to give your love to Tiny. But if you want both we can make that happen too! Also Giant is not a sure thing so keep an open mind about him.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THESE PUPS, WE WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THEM TOGETHER."

Name:  Yorkies.jpg
Views: 6280
Size:  64.3 KB

PM me if you are interested. I'm glad to see that the "parents" are looking to keep them together.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

Oh, that just makes me so upset. Why can't they do both? I know when your kids are small you don't give as much attention to your pet part of the family but still they love you and want to be with you-and will love the kids as they get a bit older. What is wrong with people???? Sorry, I just get so sad to see that happen. Animals are not throw aways. When you take an animal, it is a lifetime commitment. (lifetime of the animal) Sorry for the rant, I just can't take it----
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
christo1 (04-03-2011), donnamatrix (04-01-2011), ifinditfunny (04-03-2011), MarkinNH (04-01-2011), Natt (04-01-2011), Tadpole (04-01-2011)
Old 04-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
SteveA
Deceased Member

Tis,

While I agree it is sad, I do think these folks really thought out what was best for the dogs. You can clearly see that it was a tough decision and they are going to great lengths to find them a good home were they can stay together.

I respect their decision.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

While I agree with Tis that taking on a pet is a life long decision, there are times where giving the pets away is the right things to do. My hats go off to this couple as I believe they are honestly looking out for the dogs best interest. They realize that they have a situation where the dogs are looking for attention and they simply can't give it to them. They are putting there Baby, and their soon to be newborn on the top of the list where they should be. While some dogs learn to quickly take a back seat in these situations, others do not. I have had the fortune of having many various breeds of dogs in my life. And while I can tell you a Golden Retriever may sit back and learn to live with less attention, a Shi Tzu will certainly not. While it will be hard on both owner and dog to separate at two years old both these Yorkie are young enough to adjust to the change, and will be much happier ultimately in a house where the new owners are able to give them the social human interaction the need to survive.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
sa meredith

Default agree

Sort of agree with Tis on this one...remember, those dogs are not only going to be extremely disoriented and confused with their sudden new home, they are also not going to have each other as they try to adjust. And from what I have read, right now, all they have is each other. They'll probably never be the same.
I believe, regardless of the time it takes, they should at least be kept together.
I'm sure little Orion and Dalilah would prefer to have some fury friends around.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post:
MarkinNH (04-01-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Tadpole

Default SteveA

PM sent - hopefully you got it? I'm such a dork when it comes to computer stuff!
Old 04-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
NoBozo

Default April Fools

Sad as this story seems, I think the dog on the left is a stuffed animal and the real dog on the right is all set, and doesn't have to leave home at all. NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
sa meredith

Default missing it

If that is the case, I guess the "joke" is lost on me. I don't get it.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #9
NoBozo

The dog on the left has no claws or eyes visable. I'm not making a joke..just expressing an opinion.. NB

I could be wrong.

Five minutes on Google: http://melissaanddoug.com/yorkshire-...stuffed-animal
Old 04-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #10
SteveA
Deceased Member

NB thankfully you are wrong. (at least this time )

I can positively assure all of you that both the dogs and the situation are real. Not an April Fools joke. Though I have to admit Giant looks a little "stuffed" in that picture.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:10 AM   #11
Merrymeeting

While this is a sad situation and I hope the dogs find a good home, can someone tell me how this relates to the Lakes Region?
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #12
SteveA
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrymeeting View Post
While this is a sad situation and I hope the dogs find a good home, can someone tell me how this relates to the Lakes Region?
I was thinking some member of Winni Forum may be interested in a new pet(s). There have been a number of posts about adoptions and rescues, I thought this was an appropriate post and certainly didn't mean to offend.
ishoot308 (04-02-2011), Jmo77011 (04-02-2011), NoBozo (04-02-2011), RLW (04-03-2011), Tadpole (04-03-2011)
Old 04-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #13
Merrymeeting

Steve, I'll admit that I debated for some time whether to enter the post that I entered. No apology is needed. It is a good cause and story.

I finally decided to post as I felt it would help to remind everyone about the core reason for this website. It is a very fine line. But I can see other posts being made that aren't related to the lakes, and someone pointing to this post as an example of how others are allowed non-lake related posts.

I probably overstepped. In the end, it's Don's call.

I hope the dogs find a good home.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merrymeeting For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (04-03-2011), SteveA (04-04-2011)
Old 04-04-2011, 08:42 AM   #14
NoBozo

My last nights post was withdrawn for overstating on my part. NB
The Following User Says Thank You to NoBozo For This Useful Post:
SteveA (04-04-2011)