Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-13-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
suge

Default Weirs Beach to Alton Bay - Best Route on Sled?

I am new to snowmobiling and a member of a local club and am looking into the best way to get from Weirs Beach to Alton Bay this Sunday with my wife and kids on the snowmobiles to enjoy the Winter Carnival.

I looked at the NH interactive map and it looks like 15 to 17 to 22 but having never taken them and not knowing where to access the trails, am wondering if there is anything specific to look out for on that route or if there is a better way.

Thanks in advance!
suge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by suge View Post
I am new to snowmobiling and a member of a local club and am looking into the best way to get from Weirs Beach to Alton Bay this Sunday with my wife and kids on the snowmobiles to enjoy the Winter Carnival.

I looked at the NH interactive map and it looks like 15 to 17 to 22 but having never taken them and not knowing where to access the trails, am wondering if there is anything specific to look out for on that route or if there is a better way.

Thanks in advance!
I would get on the ice and hug the western shore all the way to Alton Bay. My guess is you will have plenty of company to follow. Riding on the ice should be good this weekend.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post:
suge (02-14-2014)
Old 02-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #3
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Weirs to Alton Bay

I would jump on the lake and follower other snowmobile tracks hugging the Gilford shore line. Its a really nice ride!!! Plenty of ice thickness and plenty of snow. You'll be fine!! You'll have blast!!! Make sure to vary your speed and pump your throttle from time to time to make sure oil gets into your pistons. Some times on the wide open lake people ride at a constant speed and never allow the oil to be shot into pistons. Wish I was there this weekend!!
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Old Hubbard Rd For This Useful Post:
suge (02-14-2014)
Old 02-14-2014, 07:32 AM   #4
SIKSUKR

I'd probably stay away from the Governors bridge route though.
suge (02-14-2014)
Old 02-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #5
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hubbard Rd View Post
I would jump on the lake and follower other snowmobile tracks hugging the Gilford shore line. Its a really nice ride!!! Plenty of ice thickness and plenty of snow. You'll be fine!! You'll have blast!!! Make sure to vary your speed and pump your throttle from time to time to make sure oil gets into your pistons. Some times on the wide open lake people ride at a constant speed and never allow the oil to be shot into pistons. Wish I was there this weekend!!
No wonder some sleds cannot take extended WOT. My MXZ will blow a belt at extended WOT. The motor is fine. On dark night I can actually see a red glow from the exhaust pipe!
Old 02-16-2014, 06:54 PM   #6
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by suge View Post

Thanks in advance!
Suge

How was your ride? Conditions and weather were great. Let us know.

Thanks,
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote