Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
nhbiglake

Location: Rhode Island during the week unfortunately and Meredith during the weekends.
Default Fishing Spots

Hi, I have been on the lake for 10 years and of those 10 years I have never actually fished any good spots on the lake. I am going to be up there this summer with friends on their fishing boat. I was wondering if someone could tip me off in the right direction to go and some good spots to fish. If anyone could help that would be great!
Thanks!
nhbiglake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
topwater

What are you looking to catch?
topwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #3
MikeF-NH

What species are you fishing for: bass or salmon/trout? The answer varies greatly depending on that answer.

Try dropping in at AJs Bait and Tackle in Merideth for great local knowledge on all species. Of course its good form to buy something from him while asking for info....
MikeF-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
nhbiglake

Location: Rhode Island during the week unfortunately and Meredith during the weekends.

We are going to be fishing for bass for the most part.
nhbiglake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #5
MikeF-NH

smallmouth like a rocky/sandy bottom like you find around most islands. Pull out your bizer and look for any clusters of islands with shoals around and fish those shallows at first and last light and you shouldn't have trouble with finding smallmouth.

Largemouth like a muddier bottom with weeds and like the water a bit warmer. Look in protected coves that have lilly pads and other weeds and you will find them and pickerel.

Look up "wacky rigged senko" and you will find an easy way to fish that is very productive when other things fail. From there, crawfish colored crankbaits and finally white and chartreuse spinner baits. If that list of baits doesn't bring fish to the boat in the areas above, I'm not sure where to point you next..maybe AJs Bait and Tackle in Merideth. He would have a good feel for what they are catching them on and where.
MikeF-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #6
Nola

Check out around the bridge at Black Cat Island, or Look Off Rock. They love them some helgramites.
Nola is offline   Reply With Quote