Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2021, 08:12 PM   #501
John Mercier
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 401
Thanks: 0
Thanked 83 Times in 74 Posts
Default

Belknap County is in ''substantial''. Only one level higher.

Delta, and maybe other variants, are already here... so closing the border really does nothing.

Vaccinations will not protect those too young to get vaccines, or those under eighteen that their parents will not let them get the vaccine.
John Mercier is online now  
Old 08-05-2021, 04:06 AM   #502
ApS
Senior Member
 
ApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipesaukee & Florida
Posts: 5,365
Thanks: 1,679
Thanked 655 Times in 465 Posts
Exclamation BTW: NY City Is Getting Vaccine Passports...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
On this we can agree, if you’re serious. Least biased and highly factual content.
I wasn't especially serious. Last fall, there were two famous American anti-vaxxers. Reuters carried the quote from only one of that "team".

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
Considering neither side actually developed the vaccines... I really don't think it matters.
1) Can you say, "Operation Warp Speed"?

2) What would happen if 100 Million Americans were to listen to Facebook-- and Twitter's most famous personality, should he be restored from "Cancel Culture's" effects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I don't think that's quite fair. The Democrats are not perfect and do not have a monopoly on the truth, but they have been the most aggressive about anti-covid measures the entire time--social distancing, masks, various shut downs, etc. Republicans have often resisted all of these things, including in this forum.

We can debate which side is right, but let's not use one side's actions to paint the other.
1) The New York Times meticulously maintains their archives back to 1861. Why has NYTs content "mysteriously disappeared" since the Wuhan Laboratory received a $600 Million makeover of their air-conditioning system?

2) The nation's two most famous "anti-vaxxers" were quoted last fall. Can you name them? (Household names", unfortunately).

Hint:

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN25X01L
ApS is offline  
Old 08-05-2021, 04:39 AM   #503
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,606
Thanks: 1,083
Thanked 1,477 Times in 888 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
I wasn't especially serious. Last fall, there were two famous American anti-vaxxers. Reuters carried the quote from only one of that "team".

1) Can you say, "Operation Warp Speed"?

2) What would happen if 100 Million Americans were to listen to Facebook-- and Twitter's most famous personality, should he be restored from "Cancel Culture's" effects?

1) The New York Times meticulously maintains their archives back to 1861. Why has NYTs content "mysteriously disappeared" since the Wuhan Laboratory received a $600 Million makeover of their air-conditioning system?

2) The nation's two most famous "anti-vaxxers" were quoted last fall. Can you name them? (Household names", unfortunately).

Hint:

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN25X01L
Again with the manipulation.

That article has nothing to do with Harris being an anti-vaxxer—it summarizes how she would trust science over Trump, a sentiment she maintained throughout the election cycle and that EVERYONE should agree with given that, well, Trump was an idiot with Covid.

I mean, people began to drink bleach because of him! https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ctant-comments

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now  
Old 08-05-2021, 07:34 AM   #504
Seaplane Pilot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,097
Thanks: 534
Thanked 839 Times in 320 Posts
Default

More “faux narrative” I suppose….

https://texasborderbusiness.com/mcal...r-declaration/
Seaplane Pilot is offline  
Old 08-05-2021, 11:05 AM   #505
FlyingScot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tuftonboro and Sudbury, MA
Posts: 1,545
Thanks: 829
Thanked 663 Times in 402 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
1) The New York Times meticulously maintains their archives back to 1861. Why has NYTs content "mysteriously disappeared" since the Wuhan Laboratory received a $600 Million makeover of their air-conditioning system?

2) The nation's two most famous "anti-vaxxers" were quoted last fall. Can you name them? (Household names", unfortunately).

Hint:

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN25X01L
Ridiculous on the NY Times--I don't believe you have any basis to show that content has mysteriously disappeared--unless that basis is one of your paranoid delusional websites.

Harris is not an anti-vaxxer. I did not fault her for saying she would not trust Trump on the vaccines. He has an incredibly long list of false statements on covid.

Furthermore, the whole premise of your argument is wrong--we do not take vaccines because we trust, or don't trust, Trump...or Biden...or Harris. We take vaccines because they have been proven to be our safest path by a rigorous, professional, scientific process.

This is America--not some weird cult of personality dictatorship where we always defer to a single person
FlyingScot is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
Newbiesaukee (08-05-2021)
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.24682 seconds