Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winter Sports
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2020, 08:43 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default Indoor pickleball-Meredith Community Center

Indoor pickleball on the three indoor courts at the Meredith Community Center gym is reported to return, starting on WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 7 at 9-am.

I definitely plan to be wearing a face mask and safety eye glasses to keep from catching/spreading the coronavirus, and am asking myself if its worth the risk? Like ...... I really like pickleball ...... but, do I want to do this ....... pickleball-indoors? I signed up for it so ...... paid the money ........ and am scratching my head on actually playing p-ball indoors?

Have to wonder if all three courts will be used, or just the two outer courts with the center space not in use and vacant?

Meredith Community Center pickleball ..... open to Meredith and Moultonborough ..... about $35/two month session ..... Wednesdays and Fridays: 9-10:30am and 10:30-noon sessions ..... both an early and a late morning session.

The Meredith Community Center gym is a super terrific work-of-art gymnasium with its very high flat ceiling and large translucent windows, all around, that lets the sunshine light up the insides of this gym ..... plus it has excellent heating ..... regardless the winter wicked cold and wind, outside.

You will probably think this is an idiotic comment, but why not place a heavy clear plastic bag over my head, and then breath through a snorkel that has #4-extra coarse steel wool placed inside the snorkel, to serve as a filter, while playing the pickleball game ..... !

You definitely want to read the covid protocols in the Meredith Parks and Recreation Dept pdf.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-03-2020 at 07:16 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:14 PM   #2
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
I signed up for it so ...... paid the money ........ and am scratching my head on actually playing p-ball indoors?
You? Paid for something? Say it isn't so. I doubt it. Post a copy of the receipt or it didn't happen!
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
Biggd (10-06-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 08:17 PM   #3
8gv

I'll be there!

Oh wait, my space suit is at the cleaners.

I'm going to be late!
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:42 AM   #4
fatlazyless

Question ... will many p-ball players actually show up to play

Well, I have till Wednesday, October 7 at 9-am to decide to play indoor pickleball, or not ..... a little over two weeks time.

Well ......... maybe there's a better quality mask available that's better than the three ply, all cotton masks.

Maybe a military style, gas mask ...... ha-ha-ha ..... just kidding here.

Pickleball has become very popular and a big retail business for businesses like www.pickleballcentral.com so the pickleball retail world needs to come up with a $20 pickleball mask designed for indoor p-ball that will safely defy the C-19 virus.

....... and, let you breath easy while running around the court. ...

Maybe is best to play outdoors, all winter long, by dressing warm, and removing snow and ice from the outdoor courts.

"What this country needs is a really good five-cent cigar!" ..... Vice President Thomas R Marshall, 1920

"What this country needs is a really good twenty-dollar C-19 mask!" ....... 199,789 deceased-U.S., Sept 21, 2020

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-06-2020 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:29 AM   #5
fatlazyless

Default ... since pickleball was first invented!

Well ............. today is Tuesday, October 6 ......... so that means that tomorrow, Wednesday, October 7 at 9-am is the first day for indoor pickleball at the Meredith Community Center, and I am still very much undecided whether to play ......... or not to play ...... this is the corona virus pandemic, indoor pickleball question!

As the world's greatest pickleball player that ever lived in the world history of pickleball, since pickleball was first invented, I am surprised at this time with my indecision?

Believe that March 13 was the last day I play pickleball, so this is seven months.

....... to play, or not to play, this is the question, and what have I got to lose ?

Or, a better question is ....... what have I got to gain at this time, after seven months away?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-06-2020 at 11:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2020, 11:51 AM   #6
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Well ............. today is Tuesday, October 6 ......... so that means that tomorrow, Wednesday, October 7 at 9-am is the first day for indoor pickleball at the Meredith Community Center, and I am still very much undecided whether to play ......... or not to play ...... this is the corona virus pandemic, indoor pickleball question!

As the world's greatest pickleball player that ever lived in the world history of pickleball, since pickleball was first invented, I am surprised at this time with my indecision?

Believe that March 13 was the last day I play pickleball, so this is seven months.

....... to play, or not to play, this is the question, and what have I got to lose ?
Sounds like you’re in quite a pickle.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:29 PM   #7
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
Sounds like you’re in quite a pickle.
I love it....a comedian in the fam!
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:50 PM   #8
fatlazyless

Yes and thanks very much ....... some more comedy here as the greatest pickleball player that ever lived in the world history of pickleball, since pickleball was first invented ........ so ........
looking around for a better quality mask for playing pickleball, indoors, and came across this Sono mask, made by Sonovia which has some type of chemical within the mask material to help defy the virus ..... plus it can be washed many times, as well.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MowxBh3DKrA ..... Sonovia face mask ..... $51.75-each at ebay

It fastens in the back of the head, as well as behind the ears, too.

Is playing indoor pickleball worth taking the C-19 risk to me? ........ holy smokes! ...... is it better to be safe, than sorry?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-16-2020 at 03:43 AM.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:11 PM   #9
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Default I should have thought of this before...

Contact Mr. Pickle- Winchester, N.H.
He knows EVERYTHING pickle!
JEEPONLY is offline   Reply With Quote