Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winter Sports
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2017, 09:44 AM   #1
bigdog

Default Gunstock Ski Passes- Belknap Residents ?

I just called Gunstock Mtn resort, to ask about mid-week ski passes for Belknap Residents, and they said they are not offering this season ?
When did they stop this program ?

Either the person I spoke to (a young kid by his voice), didn't know or just offered a answer ?

I checked their website but cannot find any mention of this program ?
Does anyone know if this program will be offered this season ?

Thanks !
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
fatlazyless

The Gunstock website says age 60-69 can get a mid-week season pass for $199.

For about $125/month you can join the nearby www.gilfordhills.com and play tennis plus go to a zumba class, just to check out the zumba instructor or something.

So's when the weather is no good for hitting the slopes, is good time to be hitting the tennis ball. Tennis and skiing, skiing and tennis, tennis and skiing, skiing and tennis ..... live free or die! ...... certain amount of synergy there ..... tennis and skiing .... don't you think?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-27-2017 at 01:30 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 12:08 PM   #3
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Try this link. Midweek is $199, like FLL said, but it also looks like a Golden Pass for the season is only $25 for the season. Here's a link

https://www.gunstock.com/winter/passes/

Dave

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 11-27-2017, 01:42 PM   #4
winni83

The Prime Seasons Pass for those over 60 and under 70 was $299.00 if bought earlier this year. Valid all days, including weekends, and no black out dates. That is a deal that is tough to beat.
winni83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 02:04 PM   #5
winni83

If you are 70 or over, a Prime Pass is only $25.00. In prior years, this type of pass was limited to residents of Belknap County. Not any more.
winni83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2017, 02:34 PM   #6
bigdog

Arggggggg !!!!!

So no more mid-week Belknap passes for $25, guess too many folks were showing up and cutting into the sales.....

Regarding the mid-week Golden pass, I'm slightly under the 70 yr old requirement, but not rushing time !

Phantom, I had originally posted to incorrect Forum, b/c I didn't know there was a Thread setup just for 'Winter Sports'. Next time will look before I leap !
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 02:42 PM   #7
fatlazyless

How much did the no longer available Belknap County resident ski special cost, what days did it include, and when was it discontinued?

After Nov 30, the senior value pass at Waterville Valley(age 65-79) costs $525, and Gunstock seems like a lot friendlier place than Waterville. You can go skiing at WV midweek for five hours, and basically never say one word to another person, what with the very empty high speed, detachable, 4-seater quad lifts. They should advertise that!

What really matters to me is how much at Gunstock for a double cheeseburger totally loaded with everything?
Old 11-27-2017, 03:00 PM   #8
Phantom

In the future --- so ya know -- you have the power to delete a thread entry --

Use the Edit button !

Too late now as each thread has taken on a life of their own - including cross chat -- this will be up to Don to "merge" now

Attached Images

Old 11-27-2017, 04:06 PM   #9
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Gunstock Senior Pass

Never ending story with Gunstock never consistent through the years. That is why the Gunstock commission are receiving a lot of flax lately.

Last year the 65-70 pass was just $149, no blackouts. The prior year was the same price but you cannot use it during vacation and holiday periods.

This year the senior M-F pass is $199 and for 60-70. You don't need to be a Belknap resident.

Use to be at 65, Belknap residents gets a free life time pass. My elderly relatives all have grandfathered life time pass. There is confusion this year as they were told they would have to pay $25 @ year for the new pass with IR chip.

Sugarbush in VT, one heck of a mountain compared to Gunrock, senior M-F pass is only $139, no blackouts. Makes me wonder if Gunstock trying to justify the new coaster which I was told was bleeding money from the start.

I started skiing Cannon weekdays last year. NH residents over 65 can ski Monday - Friday for free! To avoid the ticket lines, I bought the year round NH Parks pass for $40. A done deal!
Old 11-27-2017, 06:14 PM   #10
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
In the future --- so ya know -- you have the power to delete a thread entry --

Use the Edit button !

Too late now as each thread has taken on a life of their own - including cross chat -- this will be up to Don to "merge" now

Wow
In the future --- so ya know You do have the power to not click on the thread --
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:15 AM   #11
Phantom

Outdoorsman -- perhaps I am misreading into your post, but my initial reaction is that it was a waste of bandwidth and an unnecessary & misplaced shot at me!

My intent "so ya know" .......... was to HELP Bigdog with a function provided in the Forum software which he may not have been aware of ......... called Edit/Delete ..... he indicated that he realized that he mistakenly placed the first post in the wrong category. I was simply pointing out for him that in the future he has a capability to resolve that himself .............. something you may want to consider with the post above !

Old 11-28-2017, 07:26 AM   #12
webmaster

Thanked 3,697 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
My intent "so ya know" .......... was to HELP Bigdog with a function provided in the Forum software which he may not have been aware of ......... called Edit/Delete ..... he indicated that he realized that he mistakenly placed the first post in the wrong category. I was simply pointing out for him that in the future he has a capability to resolve that himself
Actually you can't delete a post that starts a thread. You can edit the content, but not delete it entirely.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:48 PM   #13
Phantom

Woopsie !

Thanks Don

Old 11-28-2017, 02:57 PM   #14
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
Actually you can't delete a post that starts a thread. You can edit the content, but not delete it entirely.
And you can't edit the title of a thread that you started. However if you have that embarrassing typo in the thread title Don may come to the rescue.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:46 PM   #15
NH.Solar

If you are a NH resident with a few wrinkles, just go here
Cannon has made some really great changes to the snowmaking the last few years and offers the best skiing in the State bar none!
...but ssssh, keep this kinda secret
The attached photo was taken before the recent snowmaking improvements on a trail with no snowmaking...
Attached Images

Last edited by NH.Solar; 12-02-2017 at 11:16 AM. Reason: grammar
NH.Solar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 03:15 PM   #16
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH.Solar;288237The attached photo was taken [I
before[/I] the recent snowmaking improvements on a trail with no snowmaking...
Looks like Vistaway
Old 12-01-2017, 07:08 PM   #17
Lakegeezer

Default Canon skiing

Last week and just yesterday at Cannon, only Upper Cannon and Tramway trails were open from the top. Conditions were surprisingly good. :-)
Old 12-27-2017, 11:54 AM   #18
fatlazyless

https://www.gunstock.com/discover/webcam/ .... does this look like its worth $199....if you are age 60-69.....weekdays.....January 2 to season end, sometime around March 27.... excluding MLK -Monday, and February-Massachusetts school vacation week?

For those Belknap County $10,000-plus, property tax payers who will be losing their federal tax write-off above the $10,000-ceiling, maybe Gunstock could offer a $25-ski booby consolation prize pass? Where you can get the old price, $25-pass, booby prize, if you can show them a receipted property tax bill showing you have remitted $1500 for Belknap County property taxes in 2017? A little ski welfare from the county for the people who pay the big, big, big county property tax biils!

www.cannonmt.com/daily-photo-live-cam.html someone on this forum once mentioned that "while Gunstock is a very fun, big hill; Cannon is a very fun, big mountain ..... that is owned by the State of NH ...... so, what's the Cannon price, and do you really get to ride the Big Huge Gigundic Cannon Mountain Tramway with this steal-of-a-deal price?

.....or, for something like $525....you can get a similar deal that looks like this www.waterville.com/cams/ ....such a deal?
Old 12-27-2017, 03:44 PM   #19
Outdoorsman

These posts just boggle my mind.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:06 AM   #20
fatlazyless

Taking a quick look at the Gunstock and Waterville Valley live cams today, Thursday-11am, and it looks like both ski areas have their main#1 chairlift closed, not running, probably due to wind and maybe temperature, but mostly a shut-down for wind.

So, at Waterville Valley, that maybe means a day ticket costs $81, and the main quad lift is closed due to high winds up top, or somewhere....... such a deal!

Cannot see the live cam at Cannon, for right now?
Old 12-28-2017, 05:28 PM   #21
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Taking a quick look at the Gunstock and Waterville Valley live cams today, Thursday-11am, and it looks like both ski areas have their main#1 chairlift closed, not running, probably due to wind and maybe temperature, but mostly a shut-down for wind.

So, at Waterville Valley, that maybe means a day ticket costs $81, and the main quad lift is closed due to high winds up top, or somewhere....... such a deal!

Cannot see the live cam at Cannon, for right now?
If the main lifts are closed... how is that a deal?
Old 12-28-2017, 06:43 PM   #22
fatlazyless

It's definitely not a good deal .......saying "such a deal" is my sarcastic way for saying it's really a bad deal.

In the past, the WV ticket office has sold full price lift tickets while the main lift was closed due to high wind. Now, with the re-positioned lift ticket windows located closer to the walkway and the lift, maybe that practice is just a bad memory.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:06 AM   #23
fatlazyless

www.waterville.com/cams/ Sunday 12/31 9:50am:

This natural lighting today at 9:50am is very good. The main 4-seater chairlift in the background is currently closed, and not moving, due to wind and temp of 4-below, but mostly the wind.

Believe the decision to close the lift right now, on the Sunday between Christmas and New Years, is made by the ski patrol as opposed to the ticket sales window. WV Ski Patrol are mostly all volunteers and all about safety, and the ticket window is all about selling $81 tickets...... whether the lift is running or not ...... "like oh .... what ....the lift is not running and you want a refund? ..... a refund? .....do we do refunds? .... need to get someone down here to approve a refund! ..... be right back!"

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-31-2017 at 09:50 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:45 PM   #24
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

The conditions at Gunstock were very good today and no lines this morning. A perfect day to ski. Sorry if you had to work today.

70 or over senior pass: I am working on getting my $10's worth for the pass that I got a while ago. I had to get a new RFID chip pass this year, no charge. Same deal each year from now on.

The 70+ pass is now $25 as has been noted and is open to all; not just county residents. HOWEVER this is the last year that the $25 will get you a lifetime pass. Starting next year, if that is your 1st year age 70, you will have to pay the fee each and every year going forward. I suppose that will still be an OK deal as these are prime time no blackout passes.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:12 AM   #25
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Gunstock Geezers

I would love to meet up with forum members at the rockpile (Gunstock). PM me and I will look for you at your time and spot on the mountain. A good time to meet me is inside the slope lodge changing near the Gunstock Geezer sign. Look for the BAE racing team vest. Usually between 9 and 9:30 AM.

I usually make a dozen or more runs and quit around noon time. If my old bones are up to it, another hour.