Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2020, 11:13 AM   #1
Cal Coon

Default At a loss...

I have a 93 23' bow rider with a 350 mercruiser magnum (carburetor), that I shorted out trying to fix the rpm gauge. The rpm gauge was not working, so I removed the whole cluster to find a loose wire hanging from the tach that was labeled "ground", so I just "assumed" it came loose somehow, but I could not see where it would have come from since it had a female connector on it, but I could not see a male connector anywhere within it's reach, so, with the boat idling, I touched the dangling wire to one of the screws holding the gauge in place to see if the gauge would work... The boat just died. I have no power to the engine, or gauges whatsoever. No click, no nothing, but all the accessories still work, blower, power engine hatch, trim tabs, lights, etc, etc... I reset every breaker on the panel, but still have no power to the gauges/engine. Obviously, I tripped a breaker, or blew a fuse somewhere, but I can't find it for the life of me! There is no "in line" fuse under the dash anywhere that I can see, and I found 2 in line fuses on the engine, but both were good, and the 50amp breaker on the engine didn't need to be reset... Now I am at a loss as to where to look. Any suggestions before I have to bring it somewhere...
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote