Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-25-2023, 04:08 PM   #1
jazzman

Default Crownline Boats

Does anyone know who (if anyone), is picking up Crownline boats? Winisquam Marine now has Monterey.
jazzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 06:35 PM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman View Post
Does anyone know who (if anyone), is picking up Crownline boats? Winisquam Marine now has Monterey.
Not sure who if anyone is picking up Crownline….Congrats to Winnisquam Marine for picking up Monterey though!…A real fine quality boat!!

Dan
Old 08-26-2023, 07:14 AM   #3
codeman671

Winnisquam also picked up Blackfin. That’s 2 lines from Irwin.

Do you know for sure that they are dropping/losing Crownline? We have a Finseeker and have been happy with it.

We have owned 3 Monterey’s in the past. Very much a fan of the brand, more so than Crownline.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 05:19 PM   #4
jazzman

Yes, they're done with Crownline at the end of 2023. They will provide warranty service for the boats they've sold. I've been looking pretty seriously at a Finseeker 230 and hence my concern about where Crownline might be headed. I'd think they may have a hard time getting rid of their remaining Crownline inventory.
jazzman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jazzman For This Useful Post:
billy (08-27-2023)
Old 08-26-2023, 06:10 PM   #5
Loventhelake

Crownline is a fairly decent boat, Monterey on the other hand not so much. What do you expect for something assembled in Mexico.

Last edited by Loventhelake; 08-27-2023 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Loventhelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2023, 10:10 AM   #6
Uncle Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loventhelake View Post
Crownline is a fairly decent boat, Monterey on the other hand not so much. What do you expect for something assembled in Mexico.
@Loventhelake - Where did you come up with this fictitious info??
Monterey is built / assembled at their plant in Williston, Florida (USA).
They offer factory tours if you are ever down there and care to go.
They are a great boat and Winnisquam will do very well with them!
Descant (09-20-2023)
Old 09-20-2023, 12:40 PM   #7
codeman671

I didn't realize that Monterey actually builds Blackfin. I'd take a Monterey over a Crownline any day.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 03:59 PM   #8
Descant

Thanked 1,518 Times in 985 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
I didn't realize that Monterey actually builds Blackfin. I'd take a Monterey over a Crownline any day.
Lots of overlap in the industry.
Brunswick owns major boating brands, including Sea Ray, Boston Whaler, Bayliner, Mercury Marine, Attwood, Lund, Crestliner, Mastervolt, MotorGuide, Harris Pontoons, Freedom Boat Club, Princecraft, Heyday, Lowe, Uttern, Quicksilver and CZone, among many others.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 04:16 PM   #9
Uncle Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
Monterey and Blackfin are built on the same property in Florida, in buildings next to each other, and though they are different brands that cater to different types of boaters, they are owned by the same corporation.

When it comes to dealers, not every Monterey dealer is a Blackfin dealer, and not every Blackfin dealer is a Monterey dealer, however Winnisquam Marine / Winni Marine is both!
Old 09-20-2023, 10:29 PM   #10
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Sounds like the Marina's are getting ready to do the brand shuffle again..... this happens from time to time.... Something rubs the marina, or the MFG the wrong way in the relationship, and there is a parting of the way..... Monterey was with Sheps before Irwin, and now is apparently off to Winni Marine.... Crownline Started at Trexler's and then I think went somewhere else before landing at Winni Marine... at this point I believe the longest pairings are likely Irwin with Sea-Ray, and Melvin Village with Four Winns......

With that said I would look for a bit more shuffling....
Old 09-21-2023, 06:36 AM   #11
Cobaltdeadhead

I always found it interesting that there are two Cobalt dealers on the same lake. My understanding is that's pretty uncommon for the brand
Cobaltdeadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 07:14 AM   #12
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Sounds like the Marina's are getting ready to do the brand shuffle again..... this happens from time to time.... Something rubs the marina, or the MFG the wrong way in the relationship, and there is a parting of the way..... Monterey was with Sheps before Irwin, and now is apparently off to Winni Marine.... Crownline Started at Trexler's and then I think went somewhere else before landing at Winni Marine... at this point I believe the longest pairings are likely Irwin with Sea-Ray, and Melvin Village with Four Winns......

With that said I would look for a bit more shuffling....
One of the marinas we worked with when ordering our Harris a few years back mentioned that they were losing/walking away from a boat line because they were expected to order too many boats to maintain the relationship.

It sounded like those expectations had changed throughout their history together and that it was a bit of a bitter process.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 07:17 AM   #13
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

I had a Crownline years ago as a runabout to go visit my parents. I loved it. I think I got it from Channel Marine. It is still going strong, just not here. We needed to have a few less boats.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 08:54 PM   #14
8gv

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I had a Crownline years ago as a runabout to go visit my parents. I loved it. I think I got it from Channel Marine. It is still going strong, just not here. We needed to have a few less boats.
Blasphemy!
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 04:19 AM   #15
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
Blasphemy!

I know.....
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 03:28 PM   #16
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
One of the marinas we worked with when ordering our Harris a few years back mentioned that they were losing/walking away from a boat line because they were expected to order too many boats to maintain the relationship.

It sounded like those expectations had changed throughout their history together and that it was a bit of a bitter process.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Yes that is generally what happens, to be an authorized dealer they generally have to purchase a package of boats.... And one of two things happen, the minimum package gets to costly, or contains to many boats that the marina doesn't believe they will be able to sell....
Old 09-23-2023, 06:40 AM   #17
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

That is similar to what happens in many businesses. Manufacturers, always looking to increase volume, force their products on retail outlets.

I know snowmobile, ATV, and watercraft manufacturers tell retailers for example: You took 120 of these this year so you need to take 140 next year. That happens even if that dealer still has 25 of last years model in stock at the end of the season. The manufacturing companies just keep pushing.

Sometimes that helps the consumer because the store needs to heavily discount items to move them and make room for incoming products.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote