Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2021, 04:43 PM   #1
Leoskeys

Default Local mover companies

Hi, a bit of an odd question. We are having our downstairs of our Alton home renovated, including new flooring, new kitchen, etc. We need to get our furniture and boxes of our kitchen stuff out of those house and into our detached garage. And when the Reno is done, everything brought back into the house. It would be tough for me and my wife due to some recent injuries. Does anyone know of a company in the area that could do a project like this? Maybe even just a team of two that do odd jobs, or a junk removal crew?
Leoskeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:09 PM   #2
camp guy

Default Moving company

I have used William Huff Moving and Storage, 603-335-2967, and they were excellent. They are headquartered in Barrington, but I have seen their trucks in the Lakes Region. Worth the phone call.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:15 PM   #3
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoskeys View Post
Hi, a bit of an odd question. We are having our downstairs of our Alton home renovated, including new flooring, new kitchen, etc. We need to get our furniture and boxes of our kitchen stuff out of those house and into our detached garage. And when the Reno is done, everything brought back into the house. It would be tough for me and my wife due to some recent injuries. Does anyone know of a company in the area that could do a project like this? Maybe even just a team of two that do odd jobs, or a junk removal crew?
Central Lakes Region Movers in Belmont. 603-267-8737. They are wonderful, and we are fuss budgets. We had a flood here earlier this year, with almost everything on the first floor ruined. Our furniture and belongings were in a pod, our 2nd floor, and the garage. The movers arrived on time, four strong, took care of everything smoothly and efficiently within about 1 1/2 hours. No muss, no fuss, nothing broken or marred, and we were absolutely floored that it went so well. You will not be disappointed. Good luck!
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:26 PM   #4
Macavity

We have moved over and over and our expectations are pretty realistic, but Huff was a nightmare for us.

They damaged something horribly in removing it from our home and did not behave ethically afterward. Not sure how much to say, but they caused months of stress and it was a few years before we got the article back. The person they hired to fix it hadn't been paid, but he got tired of storing it and kindly returned it to me without charge. What a mess.

mac
Macavity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:08 AM   #5
MeredithMan

Default Maybe ask your contractor...

...if his guys would like to earn some side money by moving your things out and back in when the job is complete? When we had our hardwood floors refinished a few years ago, I asked that question to the floor guy and he jumped on it. Just a thought....
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2021, 09:53 AM   #6
Waturfski

We've used Three Men and A Truck to move locally a couple times with no issues. I'm sure you could probably get them to send a couple guys out on the cheap and get it done. Shouldn't cost too much if there's no actual moving truck needed for the job.
Waturfski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 03:07 PM   #7
Leoskeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
Central Lakes Region Movers in Belmont. 603-267-8737. They are wonderful, and we are fuss budgets. We had a flood here earlier this year, with almost everything on the first floor ruined. Our furniture and belongings were in a pod, our 2nd floor, and the garage. The movers arrived on time, four strong, took care of everything smoothly and efficiently within about 1 1/2 hours. No muss, no fuss, nothing broken or marred, and we were absolutely floored that it went so well. You will not be disappointed. Good luck!
We used Central Lakes Region, they were fantastic. Thanks for the rec!
Leoskeys is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leoskeys For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (03-14-2021)