Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2020, 12:24 PM   #1
XCR-700

Default Vessel Vanguard

Any Vessel Vanguard users out there?

after getting a number of text messages from them, and not knowing what it was, I decided to finally look it up and call then.

Expecting it was some marketing thing like an extended warranty, I was surprised to find it is some service that Formula gives you when you buy one of their boats,,,

Stupid me should have checked into it sooner, I really thought it was just some marketing thing, so now they (Vessel Vanguard) are getting my account set up 11 months late,,,

Any feedback or words of wisdom you folks care to offer about Vessel Vanguard?

Thanks
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:19 PM   #2
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
Any Vessel Vanguard users out there?

after getting a number of text messages from them, and not knowing what it was, I decided to finally look it up and call then.

Expecting it was some marketing thing like an extended warranty, I was surprised to find it is some service that Formula gives you when you buy one of their boats,,,

Stupid me should have checked into it sooner, I really thought it was just some marketing thing, so now they (Vessel Vanguard) are getting my account set up 11 months late,,,

Any feedback or words of wisdom you folks care to offer about Vessel Vanguard?

Thanks
They need to communicate more clearly who they are.

I believe you did the correct ignoring. One could Google “Vessel Vanguard”....but I would never respond to an internet message unless you know who it is.

IF they offer a useful time limited service to you, they should extend the offer.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:55 PM   #3
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
They need to communicate more clearly who they are.

I believe you did the correct ignoring. One could Google “Vessel Vanguard”....but I would never respond to an internet message unless you know who it is.

IF they offer a useful time limited service to you, they should extend the offer.
Looks like they are legit, just trying to now figure out if its actually help/useful.

Thanks

BTW, noticed the Coral Gables address in your ID box, we used to have family in Lake Worth and in Sunrise, and I think one of my cousins ended up in either Hialeah or Coral Gables.

Lots of trips down there in my youth, but have not seen it since maybe 1985. Bet things look different today,,,
Old 07-30-2020, 03:21 PM   #4
Newbiesaukee

My wife and I have over 100 years of combined experience in the Miami area. Yes, it has changed. Some better, some worse; but definitely changed.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:28 PM   #5
Descant

Thanked 1,509 Times in 982 Posts

As a rule of thumb, I don't buy anybody's service plan. Save $50 here, $100 there, year after year, when something breaks or wears out I c an afford the fix/replace. Especially with some thing electronic that has an obsolescence date of 5 years or less.

Vessel Vanguard seems to be aimed at 60'-90' boats plus 1 tender starting at $899 first year, $499 annual after that. 12,000 clients worldwide. I guess I'm not their target demographic, but congrats to the OP if he fits.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2020, 03:37 PM   #6
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
As a rule of thumb, I don't buy anybody's service plan. Save $50 here, $100 there, year after year, when something breaks or wears out I c an afford the fix/replace. Especially with some thing electronic that has an obsolescence date of 5 years or less.

Vessel Vanguard seems to be aimed at 60'-90' boats plus 1 tender starting at $899 first year, $499 annual after that. 12,000 clients worldwide. I guess I'm not their target demographic, but congrats to the OP if he fits.
I dont think its a service plan, I think its simply software that sends you information about the boat.

Apparently Formula buys you a subscription with a new boat. For how long I have not yet figured out, still working on getting access to see what is tells me on something as small as a 270 BR,,,

Edit: looks like you get Vessel Vanguard for 5 years and Sea Tow for 5 years. Not too bad.

Last edited by XCR-700; 07-30-2020 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Update