Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2020, 04:15 AM   #101
DEJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRA View Post
I know and it’s a fact that association has sued the store owners and the court date was 06/17/2020
There was a court date on 6/17/2020, it had nothing to do with the association suing the store owners. The facts are differences between them are being worked out amicably. Please do not spread rumors. Thank you.
DEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DEJ For This Useful Post:
bkelly13 (06-23-2020)
Old 06-22-2020, 05:03 AM   #102
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

So "two" new members posting questionable, inflammatory, posts in a few days.

Is it time to institute a waiting period to post or what?!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:33 AM   #103
MBNeckguy

?🧁.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
MBNeckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:49 AM   #104
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBNeckguy View Post
?.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Old 06-22-2020, 07:50 AM   #105
lakewinnie

Default 1955 World Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi berra View Post
I have been informed that the store owner has been sued by the boat slip oners. I gather they dispute his parking rights. In addition they have added locked gatges to the 2 docks we used to park at to access the store. Like all the posters here, I think it would be great to have the store open and intend to support it. I cant imagine why the slip owners would not also be supportive. Doeas anyont know any of them. I gather there are 64 owners of slips who are members of a condo association. and the pres of thr association is a guy named hill. It may be that he is acting without their support. I think we should try to gwt them turned around.
Yogi Berra: Besides all that, Jackie Robinson was safe at home plate!
lakewinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2020, 08:12 AM   #106
SAB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
To continue with the good fun of speculating with only shreds of information--There were surveyors on site on 6/18--on the store side, lake side, and in the road. This struck me as unusual at the time, but it would be consistent with a legal tussle of who is allowed where.
I saw this as well. Not sure what that is about but there was an accident in that area a couple weeks ago and with the store getting ready to open wondering if they are putting in flashing lights or something? People coming down that hill from 20 Mile Bay area are often well over the speed limit by the time hit the bottom of that hill.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:55 PM   #107
Just Wonderin

Default Possible answer to survey

A crosswalk is currently being considered. Maybe that's what you saw. A few years ago, the Boat Owners Association tried to get a crosswalk approved for the safety of all who crossed the road. It got down to the final stages but the vote to approve maintaining the crosswalk did not pass at the town meeting. The crosswalk is now back on the table for consideration with the full support of the boat owners and area merchants.
Just Wonderin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Just Wonderin For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (06-22-2020)
Old 06-22-2020, 09:25 PM   #108
chasedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRA View Post
I know and it’s a fact that association has sued the store owners and the court date was 06/17/2020
Oh great. Here we go again. Enough. If you feel it is necessary for you to post negative comments about the store please identify your source. Why are these first posters posting this stuff? Yes there was a hearing to make sure the parties were able to communicate any differences.

I originally started this post back sometime early 2020 to help promote the store and it's success. If one would go back and read some posts I asked all of you what would you suggest to the new store owners what would you like to see them do that would make you keep coming back. There were some great ideas.

I have been a charter member of Pier 19 condo Association. This has turned into potential damaging and negative posts from these first timer posters that can only hurt the stores success. Who and where is this coming from? It seems these posters are trying to cause issues that are not helping the stores success. The new owner told me she have never owned or operated a store no less a grocery store. She is well aware of the store past history but yet she has invested a great deal of money to make the store look great again.

Please stop this nonsense. I hope the store will open soon.
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
Grant (06-23-2020), WinniCacher (06-23-2020)
Old 06-22-2020, 10:04 PM   #109
chasedawg

Quote:
To continue with the good fun of speculating with only shreds of information--There were surveyors on site on 6/18--on the store side, lake side, and in the road. This struck me as unusual at the time, but it would be consistent with a legal tussle of who is allowed where.
Why are people putting a negative spin on all that is going with the store trying to open. And hopefully soon.

DOT is out surveying for a potential CROSSWALK.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (06-23-2020), Just Wonderin (06-26-2020), WinniCacher (06-23-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 10:26 AM   #110
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
Why are people putting a negative spin on all that is going with the store trying to open. And hopefully soon.

DOT is out surveying for a potential CROSSWALK.
I did not mean for my post to be a negative spin, and I don't read it that way now either. Nor do I think any of these posts will hurt sales at Pier 19. Nobody has said that the owner's done anything wrong or that the store is in anyway a problem. I wish the best for the new owner, and I will be there to shop soon after opening
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (06-23-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 10:46 AM   #111
chasedawg

Quote:
I did not mean for my post to be a negative spin, and I don't read it that way now either. Nor do I think any of these posts will hurt sales at Pier 19. Nobody has said that the owner's done anything wrong or that the store is in anyway a problem. I wish the best for the new owner, and I will be there to shop soon after opening
FlyingScot. No I didn't think your post was negative at all. I thought it was helpful and supportive. It's others especially the first time posters. Someone is trying to cause unnecessary confusion. Not sure why.

We all are pulling for the store.
FlyingScot (06-23-2020), ishoot308 (06-23-2020)
Old 06-24-2020, 03:00 PM   #112
TFP

I am amongst those strongly rooting for the store. However, I am concerned about it’s prospects without access to the dock that all previous iterations of the store had. I know the dock is owned by the association and that they installed shark diving cage style doors on the dock to limit access and protect their boats. But with that door in place and no agreement on the use of the dock how will the business be able to survive?

I know the pier is open to the public but the space not taken up by the fire boat and other permanent fixtures on the dock is very limited.

And lastly, I realize there have been multiple first time commenters on this thread and that I will appear as one as well but I want to make it clear I have no connection to any parties involved. I’ve read the forum for years without ever feeling the urge to put my two cents in. But as an islander who misses a store close by that doesn’t require getting in a car, I’m interested to see how this plays out.
TFP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TFP For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (06-24-2020)
Old 06-24-2020, 03:14 PM   #113
CowTimes

I also hope that the store is highly successful. I hope that the new owners are able to have offerings that will attract the year-round business that the store probably needs (and that are missing in that area).

I think there were posts on the forum in the past of how the gates were installed because of theft from the boats of the dock owners. I certainly don’t begrudge them for doing what they needed to do to secure their boats since that entire dock is their private property. And that was obviously known when the new store owner bought. It’s just a shame the gates were even needed.

I believe there is a project for the town-owned pier to make improvements that would increase public access. This was raised at several Tuftonboro board of Selectmen meetings, but not sure where that currently stands, as they were having issues with the state and DES over the repairs/improvements.
CowTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CowTimes For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (06-24-2020)
Old 06-24-2020, 04:58 PM   #114
thinkxingu

I was there a couple weeks ago, and if I remember correctly the shark cage only kept one finger protected?

Also, docking to the wharf blows. I thought the whole one side of the dock opposite the wharf was public in the past?

Old 06-24-2020, 06:11 PM   #115
CowTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I was there a couple weeks ago, and if I remember correctly the shark cage only kept one finger protected?

Also, docking to the wharf blows. I thought the whole one side of the dock opposite the wharf was public in the past?

The gates are on both docks where the boat slips are. The association let the public use the dock opposite the wharf for many years, and we used it often coming from the island. That changed a few years ago when it apparently became an issue when, as often happens, a few bad apples spoiled it for the rest of us who would tie up there for a quick ice cream run.

Hopefully the town will improve the wharf, as it certainly needs improvement and it seems unlikely that the association would open their docks back up for the public to use given past experiences.
CowTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:56 PM   #116
SAB1

Hopefully they can figure it out. The north side of the wharf (fire boat/ epo boat are on south side) seems to get pretty shallow in August. They need to somehow dredge that side. If the intention to stay open year is true (hope it is) they need to figure out a way to get sleds and Atv’s up onto that gas dock. Lot of open water due to bubblers in winter.
Old 06-24-2020, 09:04 PM   #117
TFP

I definitely don’t begrudge property owners for protecting their property. I just believe the current situation could set the store up for failure.

In years of going to the store by boat, I remember busy days on the lake resulting in crowded docks on the wharf and association side. And on those crowded days around ice cream time there were usually even boats waiting for dock space. Even with those busy days the store wasn’t able to make a go of it enough to keep the owners running the business. If you take half of the dock space away from the new owners who have invested a great deal of money into their new business I don’t see how they are able to succeed.

I don’t know about everyone else, I want the place to succeed but not enough to get in the car and drive there if I can’t find open, safe dock space. Hopefully some fair agreement can be reached with the association to open the shark cage.
TFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 12:08 PM   #118
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFP View Post

I don’t know about everyone else, I want the place to succeed but not enough to get in the car and drive there if I can’t find open, safe dock space. Hopefully some fair agreement can be reached with the association to open the shark cage.
Correct, I would pass to many other places with similar services on my way there by car.....

I do believe they can make a go of it. When it was operated as a Grocery Store back in the 80s, they where open year around, and I don't think had to much problem. Obviously the made their profits in the summer....

When the next owner moved to a more convenience store model, is when it seem to struggle.

Time will tell how the current owners idea's will pan out....
Old 06-26-2020, 04:28 PM   #119
chasedawg

Default Pier 19 store is open

Yes the store is now open! Saw people wearing masks.
KPW (06-26-2020), ursa minor (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 04:38 PM   #120
DEJ

Any idea what the hours are?

Sent from my SM-T387V using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 06-26-2020, 04:41 PM   #121
chasedawg

Default Pier 19 store baby loon chicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
Yes the store is now open! Saw people wearing masks.

The store is open so there will be many boats heading for 19 Mile Bay. Please be careful and watch your speed. Be especially careful and keep a sharp lookout for baby Loon chicks. They are in the Chases, Farm Island area and wander into the 19 Bay area.
The Following User Says Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
ursa minor (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 04:55 PM   #122
chasedawg

Default store hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJ View Post
Any idea what the hours are?

No I don't know the store hours. I have not been inside to ask. You might call them and then once you find out the hours post it for others to know.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:54 AM   #123
DEJ

Open at 7am, not sure when they close. Moderately stocked shelves with all the basics. There is a pizza area where you can get a whole pie or a slice, can't wait for some reviews.

The Male store owner was not wearing a mask, the female owner was. Kid at the register who I think is the son did not have a mask on as well as several patrons. Overall not bad, the mask issue will most likely limit my patronage, hope that is corrected.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DEJ For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (06-27-2020), FlyingScot (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 10:39 AM   #124
skprbob

Default open!

Pier 19 is open, market and gas dock. They're not 100% ready, but enough to open. Hours are 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM every day. Let's keep them busy!
skprbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skprbob For This Useful Post:
eillac@dow (06-29-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 10:52 AM   #125
Susie Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by skprbob View Post
Pier 19 is open, market and gas dock. They're not 100% ready, but enough to open. Hours are 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM every day. Let's keep them busy!
I could understand if they don’t want to require their customers to wear a mask, but why would the owners not be wearing one? After waiting all this time to open up, why would they want to limit some customers?
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Susie Cougar For This Useful Post:
DEJ (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 11:03 AM   #126
camp guy

Default Pier 19 opening

If the new owners of Pier 19 take the time to read the Forum they will do themselves a huge favor. Over the years there have been many substantial posts about local businesses, be they restaurants, retail stores, lodging facilities, or other, and these posts go across the spectrum from negative to extremely positive. An owner can learn a lot from the Forum; and since Pier 19 is "new", now is the time for them to start being 'Forum-followers' - at the very least it can't hurt them, and more than likely it will help them.

I wish them the best of luck.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 02:03 PM   #127
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Pier 19 is OPEN!

We took a quick trip to Wolfeboro, and the infamous store is open, snack window and all! Enjoy!
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 02:51 PM   #128
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
We took a quick trip to Wolfeboro, and the infamous store is open, snack window and all! Enjoy!
And no report on the ice cream? Get back there!
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 06:20 PM   #129
TheTimeTraveler

The gas on opening day is priced at $3.09 per gallon.

They did not post the price as is required, but I checked out the pump in person.
TheTimeTraveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 08:53 PM   #130
marinewife

We stopped in Pier 19 around 8:30 this morning. Very friendly son, wearing a mask, told us to walk around and see what they had out so far.

There's a Luca Coffee station, an ice cream station, general groceries, beer, wine, fruits, newspapers, batteries and a bunch of other things.

This will be our 'go-to' place for a quick fill in, 1 mile away from our home when we don't want to drive into Wolfeboro. I hope they do well.
marinewife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marinewife For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (06-28-2020)
Old 06-28-2020, 08:21 AM   #131
Bmcgov78

The owners seem to be great people. The store looks great. Although not fully stocked has everything you need. Ice Cream is great but only a limited amount of flavors at this early stage. Pizza is also good. Pretty good beer selection as well.Going by boat with only the use of the Town Dock may get crowded. Hopefully the association and the new owners can come to an understanding for use of the North side of their Dock once again.
Bmcgov78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:34 AM   #132
bobkatfly

Yeah. Looked like old times again. Parking lot full yesterday afternoon when I went by, boats in line to dock, people from the beach walking over, line at the window. I really didn't expect them to open until well into July but kudos to the new owners for proving me wrong.

Amherst till the big 66 comes (made it!)
Winter Harbor/Mirror Lake till the big guy comes
bobkatfly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bobkatfly For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (06-28-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 01:01 PM   #133
Lakeflier

Stopped in today. The store is very nice, normal staples available though not yet fully stocked. Personnel were wearing masks and very friendly. Ice cream and other food will be available at the window. There is a substantial kitchen. Nice to have a well stocked store accessible by boat for us islanders! We plan to support them. Especially ice cream...

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Lakeflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:18 PM   #134
root1

Chicken, man! How about the chicken? We gotta have chicken!
root1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:58 PM   #135
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by root1 View Post
Chicken, man! How about the chicken? We gotta have chicken!
Yes, they do have the chicken, but it's not cheap.

I bought two legs for $3.00 plus tax. I think $1.50 per leg to be quite high...

On the other hand, the chicken was good!
The Following User Says Thank You to TheTimeTraveler For This Useful Post:
root1 (07-02-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 04:39 PM   #136
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post

Can't buy a pack of gum for $1.50 today—sign me up for $1.50 chicken!

Old 06-30-2020, 08:07 PM   #137
Hillcountry

Quote:

Is this FRIED CHICKEN? I am so jonesing for great fried chicken in the lakes region...fugettabout KFC...won’t go there.
Heard about a place in Concord (Wow Fried chicken) and it was good but a bit far to travel.
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:24 PM   #138
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
Is this FRIED CHICKEN? I am so jonesing for great fried chicken in the lakes region...fugettabout KFC...won’t go there.
Heard about a place in Concord (Wow Fried chicken) and it was good but a bit far to travel.
Definitely fried. I think it may be Chester's Fried Chicken.....
Hillcountry (07-01-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 10:13 PM   #139
KPW

Chester Fried Chicken. Big pieces from what I have heard.
KPW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KPW For This Useful Post:
root1 (07-02-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 08:26 AM   #140
jbolty

Quote:

price seems fair. any bar has wings for $8-10 for a basket of 12 and that's about as much meat as a single leg
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:00 AM   #141
Hillcountry

Quote:
Definitely fried. I think it may be Chester's Fried Chicken.....
I believe Hannaford used to have that...don’t know why they stopped?
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 07:05 PM   #142
kenwoodardpe

Default Pier 1 gas and boat park

So gas is open but a bit of a boat parking problem?
kenwoodardpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 07:12 PM   #143
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwoodardpe View Post
So gas is open but a bit of a boat parking problem?
Only the wharf is open to the public, and it blows to tie up to.

Old 07-22-2020, 12:40 AM   #144
hemlock

Default Union Wharf

The town of Tuftonboro is working with an engineer on permitting improvements to Union Wharf. Right now the North side of the wharf is mostly unusable due to gravel and rock making it too shallow for props. I understand that it is extremely difficult to get permitting to dredge it out. Does anyone know the status of the project?
hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hemlock For This Useful Post:
KPW (07-23-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 01:34 PM   #145
DEJ

So now that the season is pretty much done what are thoughts on the first summer for this store and management? Also are they planning on trying to stay open over the winter?
I am pretty much middle of the road with my opinion, not great, not terrible. Wish them success.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:31 PM   #146
JTA

I never went in due to difficult boat docking. We did buy our boat gas there however. I do hope they are successful.
I understand the town wants to make some upgrades to the town dock but have been unable to jump through State permitting hoops.
JTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:15 PM   #147
thinkxingu

Heard they had awesome pizza, but never tried it as the public docks blow. I did go once with the ski and had awesome ice cream, but it's just no fun trying to dock up on the wharf.

Old 10-18-2020, 07:44 PM   #148
knowit

They are doing a great job. Great sandwiches and the pizza is very good. Try the breakfast sandwiches on focaccia rolls! I wish them the best. I hope they do well this winter.
knowit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 07:46 PM   #149
Loub52

True, that there are maybe 6? transient spots. Water depth is Ok too. I wouldn’t describe it as difficult place to dock, though I haven’t done so in the past two seasons.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:23 AM   #150
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loub52 View Post
True, that there are maybe 6? transient spots. Water depth is Ok too. I wouldn’t describe it as difficult place to dock, though I haven’t done so in the past two seasons.
Not difficult so much as punitive—the few times I needed to dock on the wharf finger (the public used to be able to use one of the inside, regular docks) it was impossible to use bumpers to keep the boat and ski from rubbing hard against the oversized pylons and/or concrete. They also have steel cables wrapped around them that would catch the rub rail when it floated up and down. It's also a sizable step from the boat to the land because of their thickness.

I may have been doing it wrong, but I noticed others struggling each time we've been, too.

The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
Loub52 (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 07:13 AM   #151
bobkatfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJ View Post
So now that the season is pretty much done what are thoughts on the first summer for this store and management? Also are they planning on trying to stay open over the winter?
I am pretty much middle of the road with my opinion, not great, not terrible. Wish them success.
I know someone that works there. Plan is to stay open through the winter. Gas pumps will stay open as well (for snowmobiles). One concern they have is sled access. There is a well traveled trail that leads to the parking area across from the town beach but not sure if there is an easy route from there to the store. I'm not a sledder so if anyone knows of easy access to the store, please post and I will pass it on. I think they run circulators around the docks so access from the lake may be limited or non-existent unless you can access the shore elsewhere and run along the road.
As far as the store itself, they are working through a learning curve with mostly young part timers so inventory has been inconsistent at times but they seem committed to making it work. Let's see how the next few seasons go.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:22 AM   #152
SAB1

They should look into making a ramp off the ice and up onto the town pier on the northern side of the pier. That side stays frozen and would get sleds to store and gas. They should make the gas pump a pay at pump if it isn't already.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:36 AM   #153
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
They should look into making a ramp off the ice and up onto the town pier on the northern side of the pier. That side stays frozen and would get sleds to store and gas. They should make the gas pump a pay at pump if it isn't already.
Pay at the pump is a good idea, but I am thinking that the existing set up is grandfathered as a full service pump.

I believe that self service pumps require far more regulations and requirements when it comes to an automatic fire suppression system and safety requirements.
Also, because of the close proximity to the water I am not sure that a gas pump without an attendant is allowed. I do not believe there is any self service gasoline dispensed at any facility on the lake at the current time (someone please correct me if I am wrong).
FlyingScot (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 09:03 AM   #154
SAB1

Hmmm. Good point. Hadn't thought of that with proximity to the water. Another challenge for them paying someone to run out and put 6 gallons in a sled
Old 10-19-2020, 11:02 AM   #155
bobkatfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
Hmmm. Good point. Hadn't thought of that with proximity to the water. Another challenge for them paying someone to run out and put 6 gallons in a sled
They are definitely in a learn-as-you-go mode, so gas availability this winter season may have to be re-evaluated next season (maybe just weekends). More often, from what I've seen, groups of sleds seem to gas up together so that 6 gallons could often be 20 or more. Also, depending on how school attendance works out with COVID, there may be more availability of workers during the week. I would think weekends wouldn't be affected though.

Old 10-19-2020, 04:23 PM   #156
Juiced06GTO

Having the store open was great since we spent a fair amount of time on the north side of the lake this year. I even ventured there solo with my 5 and 3 year old sons and my 7 year old niece for an evening cruise and ice cream! Was nice to have a place on that side of the lake to make a quick trip to so I hope they stay open for a bit and get things figured out.
Juiced06GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:26 PM   #157
fatlazyless

Quote:
I believe that self service pumps require far more regulations and requirements when it comes to an automatic fire suppression system ...
Looking at the Flightcraft Weirs Beach web cam, one medium fire extinguisher is all their fire fighting, and it's only outside, there, during business hours.

In New Hampshire, unlike Massachusetts, self-serve gas stations for cars and trucks just have a hand held fire extinguisher nearby, and don't have an automatic overhead system.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:20 AM   #158
KPW

Default FB page

https://www.facebook.com/Pier-19-Cou...22870819547320
KPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:37 PM   #159
TheTimeTraveler

Default Pier 19 New Ownership

So Pier 19 has been operating under the new ownership for about six months now.

This is the first time that Pier 19 has actually been open during the winter in many years; has anyone heard how their business is doing?

I know they spent a huge amount of money getting up and operating so I am hoping they'll do okay so they will be serving the community for many years to come.